Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cheating husband

I dreamt last night , my husband and I were at a party ,and some guy that I used to work with told my husband that a girl he knew wanted to date my husband.My husband called my name and then took off his wedding ring and just threw it in the air.He was laughing . I was very hurt. Then I took off my ring ,called him to watch as I threw it at him. He caught it and put it in his pocket.I was then wanting to go out to make him jeoulouse. I called my sister to meet me. I was going through my clothes in the closet ,could not find antyhing to wear. I just had alot of sweatshirts.I meet my sister at a store were I wanted to get new clothes.I told her what happened and said I wanted to go partying with her. She then told me she cant drink,and showed me her belly. She was pregnant! I was surprised. We then were looking at christmas decorations. I wanted to buy a rocking chair for us to have our picture taken with. I then woke up to tell my husband about the dream. We laughed.4/29/08

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50, Illinois south of chicago

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: cheating husband

Hi Carol,
Thank you for sharing your dream and what a great thing you did with sharing it with your husband.

My initial reaction to the dream was one of separation, pulling apart, but it is within you. Taking consideration of your age I get the sense that this is part of the process of withdrawing a projection. Some unconscious content that you unconsciously project onto your husband. But what could that be? The hint I got from the dream was the throwing up of the ring and how that reminded me of the movie "The Lord of the Rings" where Frodo accidentally throws the ring into the air in slow motion. IN this instance the ring symbolizes power, so the connection to the dream would be the projection of the power principle. According to Jung the power principle is equivalent to Soul, Spirit, daemon, godliness, health, strength, mana, fertility, magic, prestige, medicine, influence - a form of psychic energy. This can only occur when the ego has developed enough power in its own right, to withstand the interactions with the Self. And for you this is the difficult task. How do you recognize something that you don't know (unconscious) about yourself, that you are unconsciously projecting onto your husband. A good place to start is to write a list of your unspoken expectations you place upon your husband and then rationalize them, even consider whether you have enough confidence to see it as your own expectation upon yourself. You will know if it is right as it will feel like a shock going through your body, a pulse of energy.

Basically, it is something you are not acknowledging about yourself that you are projecting onto your husband. And this is what needs to be withdrawn.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Carol,
The first task in understanding your dream is what role your husband does or does not figure into the dream. Is the primary focus on the relationship or is he a representation of your own masculine qualities? {could be both}. Either way there seems to be a conflict between the two, something that has been hurtful. I'm leaning towards both.

I get the sense part of the dream is addressing 'identity' issues, perhaps the position you are in with your life.
Could it be you are approaching those golden years {rocking chair and you feel or wish you could spice up your life? Or there is something you missed on out?
Do you have children?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for your responce. Yes I have a grown son from my first marriage.The only thing that maybe this is about is .Maybe Im jelouse of my husband .I have a hard time keeping a job .All my life. I want to work. I have had many good jobs. Yet something seems to happen all the time. The longest position I held is 7 years.Positions have ended,layoff,getting terminated.and just haveing to quit for some reason. Im now on a medical leave. Injury from auto accident. Left shoulder is holding fluid. and I have 5 bulging disk in my neck.Last year my husband field divorce.we worked it out. I just cant open my heart all the way to him again. I do love him. Hes great. Very moody though.Maybe the ring are me wishing I could feel let go of these feelings.We went through some very difficult money problems back then. Im afraid of this surfasing again ,with my being off work now.I dont know what will happen next in either case of my returng to work, and fear of him getting that feeling again.I also did feel the ring toss reminded me of Lord of the rings.Funny. Thank you again. Carol

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Stephen, Thank your for you responce. Its funny I had the same impression as you about Lord of the rings!This is like home work for me now . im looking inward trying to see if this is a relection of my feelings toward my husband.Must be. Im sure all will work out for the best. I need to relax and stop being such a worrier maybe.Thank you and I will surley keep you both posted. Carol

stats from 7-14-10 to the present