Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream

I walked around the outside of a large black building ( i mean huge, like 40+ storries high) that was covered with doors of different sizes. It was new dusk/dawn time and foggy. The cracks in these doors were emmiting a soft light blue light. There was one spot in a recess in the wall that was missing a small door that shone the blue light. When i came around a corner and opened a larger door and stepped inside, I found myself in a steril staircase, like a hospital. I was winding downward. As I walked down the staircase, there were people on the landings that began to folow me. When I got down to the botom, tracy was standing there naked. I walked up to her and we passed through a set of double doors (like fire escape dors) and into a courtyard. I now noticed that I was also naked. The courtyard had a walkway across the top and surrounded by low white buildings. People were standing on the walkway watching us. There was also a medium size tower filled with windows. The courtyard was covered in grass and flowers. Tracy and I walked hand in hand accross the courtyard. Everyone that was watching was whispering "are they going to do it?" We both walked up to a pair of school desks and sat down. For a while I stared at her in amazement. Then I simply stated, "well, i geuss we better." I walked around and sat on top of her desk... and the dream ended

just for some background, I ust recently went to prom with her.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 sw minnesota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dream

HI John,

Thank you for sharing the dream.

Here is an amplification for you. It's not an interpretation, but a way to add depth to the images in the dream. It's the religious story of Adam and Eve and the temptation by the snake to eat the apple. So thi8nk about that story and then remember your dream and see what comes of it. And then think about what was going through your head at the prom.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Prom actualy could've been better. she seemed to flake on me, and later on she straight up told me she was trying to get back at someone.

I get where your comming from, but what else could there be to this?

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi John,

How did you suspect that she was flaking out on you during the prom?

How did you feel after finding out she was using you to get back at someone? What was going through your head? Be as honest as you can.

Stephen

Also, how were you feeling about yourself on the lead up to the prom, about going with Tracy? Again be as honest as you can.

Stephen

i felt great about it. When i say "flaking" i meant she was disapearing and poping in and out. It wasn;t me she was using, she just said that she was tying to make an ex. jealous. She's a really great, smart, straight forward girl. it just irritates me a bit that she makes such stupid decisions. She knows that her ex is a dick, and yet she would go back to him in a split second (quote) so i geuss that kindof rubbed me the wrong way. but at the same time, she's got alot to sort thorugh, and is still a good friend. I've been stewing around with some ideas here the past few days and maybee thats what it is from.

when i say great, i mean going with her to prom..

Hi John,

I guess this would have been the same sort of thing that Adam would have thought about Eve. She makes some stupid decisions sometimes that get them chucked out of the garden of eden. So the pattern could be the great feeling you were having on the lead up to the prom was your psyche being in a state like the garden of eden, but then she ate the apple and then you were cast out (metaphorically).

I can't seem to get my mind off the end of your dream where the people around you wonder if you are going to get it off. These could very well be the expectations placed on you from society. Are proms still associated with having sex and what were your own thoughts on the lead up and on the night of the prom? This is getting quite personal, so I understand if you are not wanting to go down this path. It sort of feels like a pressure to perform.

What are the things you were toying around with, as you mentioned in your last post?

Stephen

John,
I am going to go out on a limb with a suggestion to the dream. Do you have sexual desires that have yet to be fulfilled? Are you still a virgin {sterile}? If you don't wish to answer the second question then just address the first.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

proms are still very much so associated with this. I really didn't think about that conciously, but its possible that the thought was somewhere in my brain. and yes, I'm pround to say that I'm still a virgin, hopefully until i get married.

A thought I also came accross was that I'm trying to "lead" her into some better decisions in life. hence the holding hands part.

the part that is realy bugging me is the large building and all the different shapes and sizes of doors on the building. What is the blue light??

is it possible that I'll choose the wrong door? and thats why I'm going down the stairs, (trouble ahead) but then after some hardship I will be rewarded (green grass)

this is all very intersting...

I've been having thoughts about possibly talking to her about stepping up the relation to more that just friends. Although i often question about how that would work, and if it would be all that stable (going down the stairs maybee??).

John,
Not wrong with being a virgin. The reason I asked is because I saw such a possibility in your dream. The sterile staircase and the 'are they going to do it' prompted me to think it as a real possibility. The school desks suggested a 'learning' experience was at hand.

Is she a virgin or do you believe she is? The dream suggests that may be what you believe, if she is or not {or if you know for sure}. I sense you want that to be the case so both of you would pass through the same doors {I walked up to her and we passed through a set of double doors}.

One thing you must remember is the dream is about YOU and not about the girl {unless it was about your feminine aspects}. The building is you and the doors are opportunities to realize things about your emotional life {the building could also have something to do with buildings in your waking life but the central theme is the inner building...your emotional self}.

The court...yard. Perhaps that is a reference to you wanting to 'court' her {dreams often use such plays on words}. The Garden of Eden, as amplified by Stephen, could that be the courtyard covered with grass and flowers {which could represent the natural union between two people}.

I see the dream as addressing your desires toward her, sexual and emotional.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

I looked a few things up in a dream dictionary.

the tall black building represents an obstacle in my life. the glowing blue light represents a genuine and honest solution. Traveling down th stairs tells me that i will have troubles along the way, and when i get down to the bottom, both me and tracy will be "naked" to each other. When we walk thorugh to doors we pass into another better stage in life (the green grass) thats still chaste (white walls). holding hands shows my affection for her, durring our school years (hence the highschool desks)

I am still very open to suggestions......as i have no idea what im doing

I have a strong reason to believe that she is still virgin, she's jsut not that kind of girl to mess around. And it fits the story line very nicely.

thanks alot gerard, I think I'm finally shedidng some light on this. Its really been buggin me.

Hi John,

I am being very careful here not to interprate the dream on a literal level. It is all symbolic, but getting your personal associations provides the clue to the pattarn of the dream. It came to me this morning. The pattern between Adam and Eve, Societal Expectations, your own expectations and the symbols in the dream, and the word is "initiation".

Adam and Eve - being in the garden of eden - rite to admission, a definition of initiation.

Societal expectation - having sex at the prom - a rite of passage, another form of initiation.

Personal expectations - wanting to take the friendship to a new level - to initiate something.

Dream symobl - taking Tracy to the desk and say we should do it - again to initiate.

So, I feel the dream is commenting on you being initiated into something and I think this is what the buildings represent. The way you describe it, it reminds me of a corporate, office landscape. The pattern is also repeated with your thoughts of wanting to take your relationship with Tracy to a new level. To start something new, or to bump up the commitment. But you have to initiate it. Your psyche is commenting on you to do something along these lines. It is probably within the 3 weeks preceeding the dream. Now this could relate to you persoanlly in some real world experience, or it could relate to an attitude or belief you have towards something.

Just let the connection happen naturally. You don't have to force it. Just let it come up into your consciousness all by itself. When you are ready for it, it will make itself known. Just think of it as a metaphore for taking a relationship to a new level. It's a lot of give and take and you can't force it.

Stephen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present