Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Really Scared

I haven't been able to sleep for two days. It just seems important.

My boyfriend bought a purple hoody with skulls on it last week and it said day of the dead in Spanish at the bottom. We both really liked it although neither of us like purple. A few days ago I had just woken up (it was late at night) and was lying in his room. I thought I heard someone moving around in his house but it was his cat - I was still worried, regardless. He walked around the house calling for the cat. I must have fallen asleep at some point without realising it. He came just through the door holding his cat and then I saw a dark figure (basically a silhouette) come up right behind him and the only visible characteristic was that it was wearing his hoody. I was so frightened I woke up immediately and my boyfriend came in shortly after.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19 Johannesburg, South Africa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Really Scared

Kate,
Don't be frightened of your dream. It is merely exposing some deep emotions toward your bf. My sense is you may have reservations about certain aspects your bf possesses, probably something you don't feel comfortable with. The silhouette probably symbolizes 'shadowy' aspects he possesses that you are not quite sure of and those aspects that make you uncomfortable. Is he a 'dark figure' when it comes to personality? The hoody may have been the thing that makes you realize there are 'shadowy' aspects about him. You may have been covering up these emotions {hoody-covers the head}. I would ponder how well you feel about him and the relationship.
The cat he was calling for in your dream. Could represent you {feline-feminine}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Really Scared

Hi Kate,

In addition to what Gerard wrote, you may want to think about the fairytale of "Little Red Riding Hood". The words that came to me after reading your dream a few times are, intruder, disguise, identity. And in the original fairytale the wolf disguised himself as Little Red Riding Hood ( a wolf with a hoodie) to get into grandma's house, in order to devour her. Then he diguised himself as the grandmather to devour Red. Now the whole thing could have been resolved if Little red had followed her mothers instructions to go straight to grandma's house, but instead she stopped and smelled the flowers in a place where the wolf was waiting. The wolf tricked her and her grandma. So there is a tricksterish element in the fairytale as well.

So Kate, to interpret the dream (which I gather is the part where your boyfriend comes back into the room with the cat followed by the dark figure) it can be either the outer world (relationship with boyfriend) or the inner world (attitude/belief about boyfriend, something about yourself or a conflict with your inner mother values).

What's your self talk been like lately?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present