Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
frog ring

i'm having a dicussion with a dream character. he tells me i'm drinking to much. true. then he and/or i raise my right hand. theirs a gold ring on my ring finger its shaped like a shield. with a raised emblem of a frog wiht a short barbed tail. we exam the ring. he seems to indicate it holds some type of significance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 (Williamsburg, Va)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: frog ring

Hi Rich,

Here's an amplification for you. It's called Puddocky

Have a read of it and see if the patterns in the tale resonate with anything that has been happening in your life at the moment.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stephen thanks,i wanted to contemplate before responding. i see similarties in the young princes joyrney and my own.what does it all mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 virginia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi Rish,

Why don't you discuss what similarities you see between the young prince and yourself.

Stephen

My path has always been the road seldom traveled,as a business man and martial artist.I retired from business several years ago. I'm in the process of beginning a rather substanial new business. As a young man I was after the golden crown and succeded by sheer force of will.I have a beautiful wife. She is a big help. I always desired fathers approval. I continued the real estate businesses he began.My father had three sons. I am the oldest . I'm the cleverest.These are the similarties i see.I may be reading too much into the story?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hi Rich,

Let's have a look at your statement that you are beginning a rather substantial new business. This has the same pattern as the son becomming heir to the kingdom and the tasks he has to do to inherit it. A new beginning.

In the dream the shield could well be a symbol for protection and the symbol for the frog in the fairytale is a magical feminine element. Let's face it in all the fairytales with frogs in them, they are a symbol for transformation.

I take it that starting this new venture you are using a lot of your logic and rationality, but to inherit the kingdom you will need to avail of the frog (imagination). Logic vs imagination. What is known vs what is unknown.

The frog is with you. You don't have to go searching for it. You will just come upon it by accident. usually, when a dire situation has occurred (the impossible tasks). The frog is part of the shield so protection and imagination go together.

So if you follow the lesson in the fairytale, don't follow the well worn path with this new business. Ask for help with your impossible tasks and the frog will be at your service. Whether the response makes logical sense is not the issue. Just do the impossible tasks and see what happens. Using logic will not get you the kingdom. Using things that are already in existence in the real world will limit the potentiality of the task, as your perceptions will be limited. Open up your mind and the frog will appear to help you and itself.

Stephen

Hi Rich,

Something that came to me last night about the dream and fairytale is the symbol of protection. The only thing that I can think of that revolves around protection is the "ego", and guess what the king represents. Ego protection is another word for "ego defence".

Experiencing the Self causes inflation and this could be the reference to "drinking too much", being intoxicated, being too high. You have to remain humble like the youngest brother, not like the older brothers with a I will conquer the world attitude. When this happens the fairy tale turns into Peter Pan against Capt Hook (puer eternus vs senex) rather than the king and his son, who will inherit the land. Keep your ego in check is the other message in this dream.

Stephen

Keep the ego in check.That's good advice.I feel like the drinking too much was a practial reference. Your comments/analysis have given me much to think about.Thanks.

Stephen,now that i'm thinking about it,I've had at least two other dreams with frogs. In one I was swimming and pulled out of the water a frog the size of a loaf of bread.He was making what I considered primordial sounds also pulled out a large turtle.I was Tony Soprano.On another occasion I had frogs attacher all over my body.Any insights? Thanks again.

Hi Rich,

Are you sure they were frogs and not toads? There's a difference.

Stephen

They seemed to be frogs.

Hi Rich,

Who is Tony Soprano? How would you describe him to me?

Stephen

The sopranos? T.V. series. Have you seen the Godfather, Marlon Brando? Same type of charcter. I don't want to get off track. I was just trying to expand my understanding of these frog symbols occuring in some of my dreams. I found the Tony Soprano dream in my diary and can post it at a latter time. Thanks again.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present