Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Swimming with Turtles

I was swimming to try and catch the boat my friends were on. Turtles are swimming with me. The boat is a cruise-style type and it was off the Eastern seaboard. They finally pulled into a stop. I decided to go to the bathroom before I got on the boat. I waited in line with a bunch of people but then figured out I would miss the boat. I left the line to get to the boat. I wandered thru a restaurant looking for the entrance. From there I took a very fast escaltor down to where I thought I should go to catch the boat. I was wrong but saw people running to catch the boat. I started running to get on the boat but there was a fence blocking my way. In my dream I'm asking myself, "You know this is a dream, should you keep sleeping and try to catch it or just forget it and wake up?" I choose to wake up and I did.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Carrie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34-Kentucky

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Swimming with Turtles

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for sharing the dream.

In your real life have you had an opportunity or situation recently where you weren't quick enough to get involved? A missed opportunity? A distraction or an instinctual response "to wait [in line]".

The reason I asked is the idiom of "missed the boat" along with the slowness of turtles, which has a double meaning of protection as well. Those shells are pretty tough and hard for anything to get through. Sort of like a barrier (fence).

Have a think about it.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Swimming with Turtles

Or, maybe a compensation and commenting on a situation where you should take a slower approach as a form of protection. Your eagerness to be involved. Psyche seems to be putting things in your way to prevent you from achieving what it is that you want to be involved in.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present