Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
please help me....

Hi my name is nikita, i am not really too sure how too explain but here goes.

I keep having terrible nightmares, and even once i have woke up, i cannot seem to fully awaken as i still feel scared and paniky, even tough i am awake.
Then i am afraid to return too sleep as i continue in the same dream alot.

The weird thing is, my dreams tend to be about my aunt, who is dead. We were close. But i am freaming she is (in many ways) evil, and trying to harm me. And is extreamly horrid! Then it turns into everyone around me is dead, but they look alive ( kinda like ghosts) and are trying to get me!

Sounds crazy i know but it is really bothering me, any ideas how i could stop it, or find out what it may mean??

Many thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 uk manchester

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: please help me....

Hi Nikita,
Thank you for sharing your dream. I consider nightmares to be unconscious content that you haven't realized yet. Psyche is trying to get the message to you, but your understanding is just out of your grasp. It's trying to get your attention, and it has by the sound of it.

Tell me Nikita, what are most of your days spent doing at the moment? The reason I ask is that the way you described the ghosts, dead but alive. They are zombies. The walking dead. May have something to do with doing something for many many hours.

The other thing is that dreams tend to be compensatory, so a deep fear of someone may be a compensatory action to correct an overly fondness of a person. Putting them on too high a pedastal, where mortals tend to fall off with a thud.

Last of all it could be the withdrawal of a projection. Something that you ignored in yourself that you projected onto your aunt. When your Aunt passed away (my condolences by the way) you could no longer project onto her. A projection is an ego defence mechanism, a sort of protection. When that is gone the ego feels threatened, sort of like being surrounded by spirits trying to do you harm.

Anyway, please know that dream images are never literal.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: please help me....

Nikit,
Stephen presents a logical possibility. But I see another that may fit.
Nightmares often indicate emotional deep issues that are unresolved. If you are having trouble getting to sleep then that would also indicate possible emotional issues that need to be determined and resolved. The dead people may represent your own differencing aspects and it is you who is a 'ghost' of yourself. Your aunt may be in the dream because these experiences happened when she was alive {even though she had nothing to do with them}. What is trying to harm you is the memory of these experiences that you do not want to acknowledge because of the emotional pain.

Are there past experiences that could make you feel frightened? What horrid experiences if any are in your past? These would be what is trying to get you, the unconscious mind wanting you to acknowledge the experiences so you can 'lay them to rest'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present