Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Down below and high up above

In this dream I'm with my mother and stepfather in a strange livingroom. My mother is laying on the couch, my stepfateher is sitting in an armchair and she is complaining about him not doing anything to get a new job, as he has been unemplyed for a year. (this is not the case in real life though...)

I'm there playing with my own daughter, trying to distract her from becoming aware of them and their negative talking. The strange thing is that in this dream, it feels like she is my parents daughter and not mine. As the situation between them become more and more tense,and I can sense that the little girl is getting worried, I take her with me, and we go down the hall and enter an elevator. We go down with the elevator, aiming for the basement, and my boyfriend, her father in real life, is suddenly there with us.

The elevator is blue inside, and very unstable and my boyfriend says that he is feeling ill and has to vomit. As we reach the basement, he is vomiting in a paperbasket, and me and my daughter are struggling to open the doors wich are stuck.
Then I remember all my other dreams of ustable or malfunctioning elevators that I've had lately, and I realize that I'm dreaming. I then tell my daughter to just blow on the iron doors with me, and they open wide. I take my daughters hand and say to her: You can run really fast! And she does.

We run together down the hall, leaving my boyfriend in the elevator, I feel like we don't have time to wait for him. I have problems keeping up with my daughter because I'm wearing a heavy backpack, but as soon as I get rid of it, we're both running like wind.

At the end of the hall is an opening to the outside, and when we reach it I tell my daughter to jump up and fly with me. (I used to fly alot in my dreams when I was a child, and It's like I'm teaching her how to do it now.) We both fly and go higher and higher holding hands. Down below us there is a large playground and many children playing in the sunshine. I'm starting to feel that we are going too high, but when I try to adjust the hight, it results in us slowly loosing the "flying power" and ending up on the ground again. It's not like we're crashing, but there is some dust whirling around us when we hit the ground. And there is a feeling of disappointment that I couldn't hold on to the magic of the dream, and give her a real tour of the sky, because now I feel that I'm waking up. An so I wake up..

Any thoughts on this one?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Down below and high up above

Inanna,
Is there some aspect of the relationship with your mother/step father that you feel is 'strange' and is not getting anywhere? If so is between the two of them or you and one or both of them?

The little girl in the dream is you. The elevator is you going deep into your unconscious {basement}.
is there some resemblance between the relationship of your mother/step father to you and your bf? Something you want to get away from?

Are higher aspirations in your life, something you wish to share with your daughter {this may getting back to unwanted relationships or aspects of those relationships}. Do you see an opportunity to get away from some aspect of these relationships but feel you are looking to 'high' or expecting too much? Something has stolen your ability 'to fly', the freedom to be your true self. That affects not only you but your daughter {just the two of you...I feel like we don't have time to wait for him/bf}.
The magic is gone.

Apply the above to your waking life and see if it fits? Dreams are like puzzles, you may have to adjust a piece or two to find where it fits. Let me know what you come up with.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Down below and high up above

Hi, and thank you for useful questions!
I really in many ways feel like a total stranger to both my parents, I guess they have never seen who I really am. I spent most of my energy as a child trying to be the perfect daughter, trying to live up to my mothers high expectations. She has built up this perfet facade to protect herself, and to keep at distance from difficult feelings from her own childhood. I shut her out from my inner feelings very early, as I felt that they weren't welcome in her world, but also because I felt that I couldn't trust her.

A child knows when a parent is pretending, and it creates a lot of trouble when the perfect outside is not in tune with what's hidden on the inside. This relationship has resulted in me not beeing able to trust people easily. My stepfather I've always kept at a distance. I also feel like the two of them have ever been really close.

Me and my boyfriend are very different, he does not deal very well with emotions and is trying to live in the moment and have a good time. This worries me because I've learnt through my own childhood that it's not healthy to repress and avoid feelings, especially not when you are a parent.
On the other hand, I can see that I should have more control and not worry as much as I do, because I sometimes seem to create problems out of everything. I have trouble trusting him too.

So there is a conflict between our views, and there's a inner conflict in me. I don't want to become a mother like my own, but I don't want to become dominant like her towards him either, telling him what to do, and having all the "right answers" on how to raise a child.

I also believe strongly that I'm on the path of confronting my shaddow side, and that it is through going down in the basement I can finally free my self from the negative.
I also have problems accepting my own needs, because I easily feel that I'm too demanding. I have very high aspirations, both for myself and our relationship. I want it all to be magic, because I know it can be, and it really is when we both let our guards down. Before I met him I had a few very detailed prophetic dreams wich predicted us coming together. One of them I had over two years before i even saw him for the first time. So when there's conflict between us, and I feel like he doesn't understand the importance of what I am going through, I get almost desperate because my expectations for our relationship are so high because of the dreams I had.

That's probably why I'm giving such a detailed response here too, haha.

But do you think this dream is showing me some suggestion for a solution, as it clearly adresses a spesific problem? Or maybe it's a "to be continued"..

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present