Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
road on fire

Last night I had a dream involving several events. I've found individual interpretations, but am trying to put together infomation about how they all work together.

I was driving my car down the main highway that runs through my town. I was in the driver's seat, and headed north. There was fire underneath the road, burning holes through it in many places, but my car did not fall through. This road passes by a big park with a zoo, and those things were on my left. Some sort of crime or other emergency had recently occurred, because police were out, and there was a cop in front of me with his gun drawn. He wasn't threatening me or ordering me to stop or anything, he was just there.

I understand what driving and fire might mean individually, but how do all of these things work together?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Alamogordo, NM USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No, I have not posted before

Re: road on fire

pillywiggin,
Your statement that you understand the meaning of the symbols of driving and fire. Does that mean you see the driving as the direction you are taking in life and the fire is an expression of emotions associated with that direction? Of course the car would be you. Underneath the road {your path} are emotional issues that affect parts of your life but not so much to derail who you really are or your intended 'destination'.

The park with the zoo. Perhaps a need to escape from something in your life that makes you feel 'caged in'?
Perhaps this is affecting your growth and you need to look to other 'higher' masculine aspects to sort them out {cop}. There may be some type of guilt involved. And perhaps it has to do with anger or aggression.
It could involve a male in your life.

Does this help with your understanding of this dream?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: road on fire

This does help--actually, it is a much more positive interpretation that I had come up with. Three of my big issues in life have been deciding "where I want to go," setting appropriate, healthy boundaries, and expressing anger in appropriate ways. I tend to keep anger hidden until I can't take any more, and then explode. (Therapy has been great for helping me learn how to handle these issues!) I'm still not sure where I want to go, but I feel more in control than I have in a long time. I definitely can apply what you are saying about the police officer--I am currently having a conflict at work with a male co-worker who is older than me. Thank you for your help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 Alamogordo, NM USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? this is a response

stats from 7-14-10 to the present