Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boat Crashing/Sinking

I live on the coast and can see the sea.
A few weeks ago I had a dream I was with my ex boyfriend and I could see a ship. It then came over dark and stormy, then the ship started rocking violently and I could see people being thrown out and into the water. Then I covered my eyes because I couldn't watch.

Last night, I had a dream I was out somewhere and there was a big ship and a little rowing boat with about 5 people on. Again, the water started getting rough and the little boat started smashing into the big ship, and first I thought everyone was ok, but it kept doing it until a young man cracked his head. I covered my eyes again, unable to watch.

What does this mean? It's very disturbing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Boat Crashing/Sinking

Hey Jude,
Sorry. Couldn't help myself. The name holds such power for me. I think it appropriate that you are female since in Jungian psyche the feminine aspect is most powerful. And the association with John Lennon. Creativity is the center of the psyche and who better represents the creative aspect than Lennon. The creative aspect of the psyche is the soul's ultimate goal.

Here is a listed possibility from the Dream Dictionary that may fit with your dream:
Seeing a ship in your dream indicates that you are exploring aspects of your emotions and unconscious mind. The state and condition of the ship is indicative of your emotional state.
My impression is the dreams are addressing past experiences that may now be coming to the forefront, exploring past emotions that for some reason have resurfaced. The memory of past experiences may have some bearing on current affairs in your life and the 'rock' relationship with your ex may have stimulated past fears with him. The ship would be you and unconsciously {ocean/water} you are being thrown about emotionally.

In the second dream the ship would represent your total psyche and the little boat representing those emotions associated with the past turmoil that now has once again presented itself, affecting your total self. The young man cracking his head could represent the impression of some real person {with a 'cracked' mentality} or perhaps your own masculine aspects. What emotions are you currently experiencing that may have to do with the past that could be causing or is threatening to cause more turmoil in your life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Boat Crashing/Sinking

Thanks Gerard, it makes a little more sense now.

I didn't have the best childhood, but as I got older I sort of pushed it to the back of my mind and forgot about it and had a "normal" adult relationship with my parents. My dad died suddenly 12 weeks ago.

Also, my ex-boyfriend wants us to get back together. I'm dubious as he could be quite nasty at times, but I miss the times he was nice. I'm still mulling it over. Part of me wants to, another part thinks he won't have changed.

So with my dad dying and my ex-b/f re-appearing, the ship and stormy sea is my emotions being all over the place? That would make total sense, giving my state of mind at present!

Thank you x

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present