Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Riding

In this dream I'm with my boyfriend and some of his friends. They are going to have a skating contest and, just for fun they want me to open it by doing a few simple tricks. I'm up for it, and think to myself that it's going to be fun.

Then there are suddenly some girls there who are also going to participate. They are proffesional skaters and one of them sends a skateboard towards me. The board has a strange shape, almost like a dog, and it looks as it's alive. It rolls really fast and as I run after it to try to catch it I realize that I don't know how to sakte at all, and I feel really stupid not beeing able to catch it.
I feel the girls watching me and laughing at me.

Instead of beeing an opening act, it's decided that I'm going to be the last number, and instead of a skateboard I'm given a dress by an elderly woman. I'm now with her outside in a hall, and the skaters practice behind some curtains in the hall where the show is going to be. I discover that the dress has a button on it, and whaen I press it the dress transforms into a small horse, like a palyhorse but just big enough so that I can ride it.

The woman (ho has a resemblence to the author who created Pippi) is some sort of trianer, and I go up and down the hall riding this strange horse made out of fabric and electronics. I feel much more comfretable of the idea of performing on the horse, and I somehow already know how to manage the different commands. I feel very proud in myself, and I'm confident that I'll make a good impression, and surley no one has seen this before!

When the show is reaching its end and it's soon my turn I stand behind the curtains with my trainer and I press the button again so it transforms back into a dress. But when try to push it again, it won't become a horse. I realize that the batteries are empty, and
that I can't perform afer all. I feel a bit disappointed, cause I really would want them all to see me doing something I am good at, and maybe no one else can do. I wish I hadn't pressed that last time, cause then it would still be a horse and I could do my show.

If you have seen the film The Science of Sleep, the horse looks very much like the palyhorse in the film, Golden the Pony Boy, only bigger. If you have not seen this film, I really recomend it. It's really beautiful and all about dreams.

Once again Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Riding

Inanna,
I took a different approach in my interpretation to this dream. Be low is a breakdown of my thoughts to each paragraph from your dream {5 paragraphs}. I'll let you piece it together and see if it fits.

1} gliding along on your own using your masculine energy

2}experienced feminine aspects manifest in waking life which may be controlling waking actions

3}Covered by wisdom. Going into the unconscious, returning to infantile state

4}The infantile state {childhood {like} impressions} which you are comfortable with

5}Possessed emotions that you wish to share with others.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,
I appologize for the very late response. I've been caught up in a bad swirl for a while, not beeing able to see things clearly, and I've really been an easy prey for my fears. And they draw all the energy out of me when I don't manage to fight them.
I'm not sure if I got it right, but it seems to me that the "acting like a child" comment was right on the spot. I feel like I lost contact with my newfound masculine energy and practically regressed to an earlier stage which was dominated by this desperate inner child seeking protection and seeing monsters everywhere.

I just wonder what you did mean by "covered by wisdom"? I'm not sure if you are talking about this "going into unconciousness" as a positive thing that needs to be done, or a negative thing that I should try to avoid?

Thank you,
Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Inanna,
It is always a positive thing to go 'inside' although at first it may be frightening to do so. Revealing those true inner emotions and aspects to your being is a 'cleansing' that must be undertaken to find balance and harmony in life. The elderly woman giving you the dress {persona} is the wisdom you will discover when you do go 'inward'. Within lies the true self, absent of ego control, ready to manifest itself into waking conscious that provides nourishment for the spirit and body. You may think you have to prove yourself on the outside, but the 'inside' needs only acknowledgement and acceptance.

Your dreams seem to be relating back to childhood issues that as we discussed have become once again prevalent in later years {reverting back to childhood vulnerabilities}. Discovering what those early issues were in childhood may help you overcome the need to revert back to them in the present. What is out of balance in life is what dreams try to address, seeking to balance the unbalanced aspects of your psyche. What are the 'monsters' that you need protection from? Look back and re-discover the past so you can understand the present.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present