Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Devils

I have been having really vivid dreams lately, dreaming every night but this one stands out. I was in house with another woman and there was a man, very strong, masculine and violent. He was not violent towards me but toward this other woman. We were locked up and there were more people coming into the house and under the same terror from this man. I managed to escape and came to a meadow where there was a garden party, my parents were there as well as their friends and I told them what is happening in the house and three or four men decided to go and fight him. I knew it was dangerous and they would not be able to fight him, pleaded with them to go to the police but they went anyway. They got badly beaten up and there was more violence. There was also this chef who cooked for us and every time I saw him he was bringing plates of eggs and they always got smashed on the floor. The atmosphere in the house mellowed a bit and there was not so much violence was not so bad when suddenly there was a weird atmosppere coming from the outside and the violent man opened the door and there was a procession of devils, with their tongues out, really scary, dark. The violent man was really frightened and then there had to be a person chosen from amongst us and this one woman, very pure and quiet was chosen. Next, I could see her on the street selling some goods, looking really scruffy and smoking a big roll up cigarette, which seemed to be very inappropriate for her. The last bit of the dream, I was sitting on a tram with my ex-partner and he got off too early and did not have a mobile and I felt that we will not be able to find each other.

Thank you very much for your reading

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31, Aston Clinton, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Devils

Katerina,
The other woman is you and my sense is the violence in the dream may be from your ex-partner. Was he someone who fit the description 'very strong, masculine and violent'? The other woman represents your past, the you who endured the relationship with your ex.
If not, and the dream is not addressing that past relationship, are you now in an abusive relationship that is 'mellow' compared to your relationship with your ex? The dream seems to be directed at your ex as being the abuser.

The question becomes 'why is this in your dreams'? You 'escaped' once but perhaps you have yet to 'escape' unconsciously from the memories or the experience of the abusive relationship. It may be you are having trouble in starting new beginnings {smashed eggs} because of the trauma of past experiences.

Unless there was an actual waking life experience where there was a fight with 3 or 4 men, they would represent your own masculine aspects which have been badly beaten'. The frighten man may be addressing those same masculine aspects and the chosen woman that part of you who wishes to begin anew {this one woman, very pure and}.

Another possibility for why this past experience has resurfaced is you are having to deal once again with your ex. Is that the case? All dreams have a reason and the abusive aspect of the dream is most likely the central theme of the dream.

Your response to my interpretation would be appreciated. Further info provided by you and comments on my interpretation may help clarify the dream content.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Dear Gerard,

thank you very much for your reading. Unfortunately, I cant relate to it since my ex partner was the most loving and kind man. Im going through a huge emotional crisis, I have married a man I fear I do not really love repeating my pattern of trying to save people {he is from the Gambia}. I feel that I have betrayed him, myself, all I believe in. Thank you in advance for further explanation.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Katernia,
Thanks for the follow-up response. As much as I like to get everything little thing right about an interpretation there are times when some parts of my reading may be 'off'. That seems to be the case in your dream. My impression of the intent of the dream was correct but the person who was being addressed was not.

As I stated in my original post about who the dream was addressing, 'If not, and the dream is not addressing that past relationship, are you now in an abusive relationship that is 'mellow' compared to your relationship with your ex? The dream seems to be directed at your ex as being the abuser.

It is not your ex who is the 'abuser' but your current relationship. My impressions as to who it was directed was not correct but the rest of the interpretation seems to fit.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Gerard,

is it possible that Im the abuser? As I said, I married my husband, who is also of a very good heart and never ever abused me. I married him because I more or less felt sorry for him {he is an orphan from the Gambia and I wanted to help him out}I feel like an abuser and a bad woman even though my intention was never ever to hurt him but I have done it and I feel as if my bad consciousness is chasing me. Also, I wonder what the devils represent in this context.

Thank you very much again

Katerina,
That is very plausible, you being the abuser of yourself. Your animus may be causing a conflict due to your current relationship. The fight could be an inner conflict of masculine qualities. Since there is concern about your current relationship and comparing it to your ex partner may be partially where the inner conflict stems from. As I stated the other woman is another aspect of your psyche. The abuse could be self abuse.
Is there any abusive treatment in your current marriage? Psychological? It could be psychological abuse on yourself. The fact, in the dream, your ex got off the train too early may indicate your feelings of having let he get away too soon. That may be why you are punishing yourself.

As for interpreting dreams. A good interpretation will define the parameters of the dream with the dreamer putting what is offered together to where it matches the dreamer's waking life, or psychological life. In your dream there is abuse, no doubt. The woman is you as is the house. These are constant themes in dreams. And dreams are about the emotional life of the dreamer. We have exhausted the possibilities of who or what is being abused. It is left to you to determine which it is {could be more than one aspect}. Only you know your life.

Does the self abuse fit? If so then go with that and treat it appropriately. Psychological self abuse needs attention to correct what ever is causing the psychological conflict. I not it may grow worse and cause conflict in your waking life. Are you contemplating changes in your current relationship? Is that an option?

Something else to consider. Why did the relationship with your ex come to an end? Does that play a role in the self abuse on yourself?

Gerard

Dear Gerard,

you are right, I do abuse myself very much. I punish myself very for what I have done and Im emotionally and mentally exhausted. I see myself as the worst person on this planet and basically have a very little will to carry on living right now and find very difficult to forgive myself. That might explain the abuse. Thank you very much for your help.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present