Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mom

Well Gerard I have not had any ice cream for awhile now since my last dream cause I am on a diet lol...but did have a piece of monterey jack cheese last night before going to bed and this is what happened.....
I dreamt I was out on the island,(my favorite place)
and in this little cottage type house by the water.
I was fixing up the place and I happened to look out the window and I see all the grass dug up.
I ran outside and see my mother (who passed away in 2005) and I ask her what she is doing?
She looked at me and smiled and said, "I am planting the most prettiest flowers all around this little
cottage. I looked at her and said, "but ma it is impossible that you are here?
Oh sure...I know what you mean? well, I came back
from heaven for awhile to do this one thing for you.
My mom was always great at gardening. After she said I came back from heaven for awhile to do this one thing for you, my dream ended and I woke up....what could all this mean???

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 flushing new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: mom

Connie,
If it were true you are what you eat, I would be a block of colby cheese. It does seem for many people eating just before going to bed can affect their dreams, to some extent. My real concern is how I feel the next morning upon waking. I've learned not to eat too late since it does tend to make me feel worse in the morning. Especially as I grow older, and wiser.

Your dream. Whereas most dreams point to emotional conflicts, some dreams point to emotional stability. Your dream seems to fit the later with some caveat of conflict. My sense is this is a dream that you desire for, with perhaps some wisdom thrown in. I'll try to explain.

Of course the cottage is you and may represent comfort, peace and serenity, or even simplicity.

The island is representing an aspect of your psyche. A good possibility is it represents 'independence'. Do you value your independence? It could also be associated with simplicity {a city would be complex}. The feelings in your dream must be taken into account and those expressed feelings do seem to lend itself to the above possibilities {my favorite place}.

But the grass is being dug up. And the dream points to the outside which may represent the waking life, as it is {without your mother}. But even though she has made the transition of body, her influence remains {planting the most prettiest flowers all around this little cottage}. This may be a reference of the legacy she left with you, her influence as to who you are.

"but ma it is impossible that you are here"? <---?
Could the question mark represent inherent aspects from your ma, such as an independent nature that you did realize you possessed?<---?

The one thing she came back to do for you. Could that have to do with a realization of independence, simplicity, traits that she possessed that you now realize are important for you also. Or that you can be the independent type, living independent even without her presence?

What would be the one thing she would do for you if she were to return? An important thing for your life that would make 'your flower garden grow'?

Does this fit, or make you think of some thing close that makes sense? Your mother is your mother but she is also your wise inner feminine. What wise decision or aspect would she bring back?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard! Thanks for the reply. I do know that my mom always wanted me to listen to her about everything and I mean everything!!
She meant well. This might sound strange but she was a hairdresser for years and we had the beauty parlor like right in the front of our house and in the back was the kitchen and living room and basement.
The bedrooms (3) were upstairs and a bathroom.
Her customers always asked her if she was going to have me be a beautician also.
Her answer was always, "oh no, I don't want my daughter doing this kind of work, etc. Now all my friends wondered why my mother would not want me to do this kind of work.
I do believe she wanted better for me. It was standing up most of the day and getting aggravated by the customers...BUT don't we all get aggravated by our jobs? My mother did have ulcers for years. She had her own business in the city and sold it cause her help would be out alot and the customers wanted to get their hair done.
She bought a house on business property out on long island even though it was an old house built in 1910 but had it renovated and made the beauty parlor in the front. She did well with steady customers every week. When I graduated high school she wanted me to be either a teacher or nurse cause that is what the majority of kids were going for then and I told her, "no! I did agree though to a year of business school and got a job in an insurance company, saved my money and bought a camaro which I always dreamt of doing.
Then I met a man that my parents did not care for because they thought he had a chip on his shoulder and was very *cocky*....but I did not listen..I got married to him anyway in 1972. It was bad since day one being married to him....we always had arguments about your family and my family and bla, bla, bla..I waited till my kids got older and got a divorce in 1995..I am happy to be rid of Hitler!
My brother on the other hand made something out of himself...he turned out to be a lawyer and my mother always put him on a pedestal..oh well?????
I think I feel a little guilty now about that dream I had cause I know my mother always wanted the best for me and I did not comply with her wishes...as she said I was *rebellious*
I never, ever told my children you have to be this or that when you grow up and they all have done well..my one son is a teacher and the other one an attorney.
My oldest (daughter) works in human resources at marketing research and my 24 yr old will be teaching in August in Georgia...and my youngest 22 (girl)is going for law also....
BUT, I never told them they should do this or that..I always told them that they could do anything they wanted in life and just follow your dream and,"Reach for the Stars!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

connie,
Thanks for your detailed reply. It shows how dreams will use life experiences to convey unconscious conflicts while in the sleepful land of dreams.

I am always amazed at how dreams use different aspects of the waking life to address conflicts in the dreamer's life. The 'fixing up' in your dream most likely is describing not only your desire to 'fix up' the 'old' emotional conflicts with your mother {unconsciously if not consciously} and the actual 'fixing up' of the house your other bought {that house would represent the relationship with your mother}. And the property was on 'long island' which could possibly be interpreted as an island 'of aspects or complexes' you now possess due to the relationship. And the language in the dream that is out of sequence but still describes your thoughts in the present day; "Oh sure...I know what you mean? well, I came back
from heaven for awhile to do this one thing for you
. You say in your reply you know she 'meant well'. Dreams do have a strange way of addressing what is in the unconscious.

The grass being dug up is probably your realization she was right about your marrying 'Hitler'. She had intentions of laying a foundation {I am planting the most prettiest flowers all around this little cottage. The fact you sought your 'independence' ended up having you fight for real independence from him.

But why have this dream now? Perhaps it is to remind you of 'meaning well' in some aspect of your current waking life. Are any of your children seeking 'independence' and you see it as a wrong decision? Or perhaps you are now being faced with another decision of 'independence' that needs thorough examination. Perhaps that is why your mother 'has come back', to do this 'one more thing' for you.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard...As far as my kids go, I am happy that they are all independent. When they were little, they
asked me what do you think about this or that...but now fully independent. My mother had made a comment when I told her that I just about had it with him (my ex)....she said, "well, at this point, you should!
I can feel the presence of my parents (both) lots of times during the day....and there is no fear or fright whatsoever....I know it is them and not some spirit playing games. I have good memories of them...we went away alot when they had a vacation..it was a real *family life* not like some kids today..going out and not even spending time with their folks...everything is at a faster pace today...that's why!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present