Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
running away and pulled my tooth

My husband had a dream that he was running away from something.He noticed his tooth was loose and he pulled it off, and was sucking the blood so it wouldn't bleed and was feeling it with his tounge.

He is 27. And he doesn't believe that dreams mean anything.He actually thinks its the work of the devil.He doesn't think that it has anything to do with his normal life.He doesn't think you should be able to see your future or to even think of it as a guidance.He also just had this dream last night and decided to share with me after our fight.Which lasted most of the day.I know what his dream meant to me but I also would like to know your thoughts.Thank you..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28yrs old - las vegas, nevada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: running away and pulled my tooth

julz,
Your husband's thinking dreams are a work of the devil. Where does that come from? A religious upbringing? You have some work to do with him on that. What else does he believe is the work of the devil?

Running away from something means just that. He is running away from something in his life.

One common meaning of loosing a tooth represents an inability to get a grip on something, failing to fully comprehend it {a lack of wisdom}. Other possibilities include:

1} Teeth often represent decisions, therefore problems with teeth may represent long-standing indecisiveness or an inability to assimilate, analyze or make decisions

2} Losing teeth may represent an identity crisis

Since he is pulling the tooth it may indicate the above possibilities {all related} may be a product of his own doing. His strange beliefs about dreams is an example of a lack of 'inherent wisdom' on his part.

Blood often represents life's energy. Sucking his blood may indicate something that is sucking the energy out of him. And again he is doing the sucking, an indication he is doing this to himself.

The tongue may indicate he does not have the conscious ability to communicate what is behind this blood sucking.

The above most likely is addressing the problems he is having in life, most of which may be is own doing {which is standard with us all}. But the underlying causes for these actions are most likely driven by experiences early in life, especially childhood. If you look back at his childhood you will most likely discover why he has such thoughts to why he feels 'dreams are the work of the devil'. These would be deep seeded psychological issues that he needs to acknowledge before they do real harm to his psyche.

What is he running away from in his life? We all have things that we do not want in life and we may try to 'run away' from those things. But with beliefs you state your husband has about dreams and the seemingly self inflicted wounds I would look to childhood issues as a great possibility to those things he is trying to hide or is still running away from.

Of course when you tell him what I have stated he will most likely think of me as an 'agent of the devil' {I've been called worse}. That doesn't do harm to me but his underlying issues is doing great harm to himself. You know more about those issues than I and you have to live with them.
Not meaning to offend, just stating what I know from my experience with dreams and how they reveal 'hidden' aspects of the psyche.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Gerard, I actually just found that out yesterday that he thinks of dreams as evil.I told him they are guidance on whats going on with his life.But he doesn't believe me.I told him what his dream meant the day he told me.That him pulling his own tooth is his own doing,tooth represent stress/meaning he causes all his worries in life and runs away and nothing gets ever solve.

I think what he dreamt was a warning, that he basicly ignored (like everything else) because the whole day we argued about everything.It all started with his remark saying GOSH,filipino are so loud and I said calmly, you act like your never loud and he just blew up on me, saying why do I always do that to him.That I always have something to say back at him.He thinks I should of said it differently.I was nice and calm cuz I know how he is. He really thinks,Im out to get him.Every argument he starts it all,and he would just wanna drop it and never talk about it and says sorry ALL THE TIME..

He has no control of his temper.He has no patience.I feel like its always about him what he wants,how he wants to be treated.He might sound bad but he isn't he is really sweet and great with the kids and he really loves me.

He says he doesn't know why little things trigger him but it just does.He did mention that it could be because of his childhood and work.He mentioned growing up with his dad and his sister were all into tarot,stones,spells
and that his dad thought he was a medicineman(like a witch doctor)I guess cause in the phillippines his mom was a medicinewoman that everyone who had problems came to her.So Im guessing he hated it growing up around that kind of stuff.And that he read in the bible that fortune telling is a sin,anything that has to do with looking into your future or getting some kind of help of directions in life when you should be asking GOD for that.Thats his beliefs which I understand, I told him if GOD created us and everything around us then there must be a purpose for why we have dreams it can't be nothing.I think dreams shows me my fears,my soul urge,it shows me things that I don't realize I do sometimes.

I think my husband has some anger issues with his father that are unresolve that he would like to express his feelings but will never happen.I guess thats when he needs to learn to forgive and forget to be able to move on.But what I also don't understand is he believes in GOD and Jesus but why is his actions and his hate so strong that he can't forgive and become a better person.I always tell him you make mistakes,I always forgive you and if Jesus can forgive you, WHY can't you?

I think he needs to find himself,he got lost somewhere..and let change took over..

oh here is a site that he also found
http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/astrology.html

THANKS GERARD!!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

julz,
It doesn't surprise me he has a temper. Such dreams like his, his running away from something, the simple language that it is almost says his temperament is probably strained at best. The anger he has stored up inside is vented at you, and everyone else. The unresolved childhood issues you spoke of is where it began, and where it still resides. Strong emotional imprintation of the psyche in the early years most often go with us throughout life. As long as it is bottled up, it has a greater chance to explode.

As for his religious beliefs. My encounters and experiences with pagan religions and earth based religions have all been pretty much positive. Wiccans are as spiritual as you can get. Spells and such. And stones, the magic they offer, are the basis in many mythological tales.

Note: I don't subscribe to any one creed but I do learn from them all. Native American spirituality is more in the line of what I think of as a 'logical' spirituality. Living in harmony with the planet. If it connects directly to the soul then you know it has meaning, personally and universally. Buddhism is a psychology more so than a religion. Inward directed, more in tune with the emotional life that controls who we are and how we act. And Gnosticism. If you want to know the true Jesus then you must know about these 'heretic christian' documents, untouched by man for for 2000 years and discovered in 1945....gerard

But his childhood was spent with a 'cult spirituality' {no judgements being made. If it is vodon/voodoo then it can get pretty way out there.... I don't know his psyche {his temperment is illutsrated in his dreams}, what influenced him as a very young child, to determine where the imbalance began. But introduction to Christianity often spoils native customs and religions and it could be that was a part of the corruption. God, like many fathers can be unjust and unkind. Or seemingly so. It depends on the inherent, biological child's mind.

It will take hours upon hours of therapy to determine what the issues are and how deep they run.
I hope for your safety he doesn't get violent.

You are correct about your dreams. They are important because in dreams it is the unconscious psyche communicating, or attempting to communicate to you the dreamer, what is true about you and your emotions. What is out of balance causing an imbalance, or emotional conflicts.
But they also inform you of the positive aspects. Your strengths and weaknesses, assessing the life's experiences and reporting at night while you sleep to 'Dream Central {speaking metaphorically of course}
Dreams are unbiased and reveal what is true and not just what the ego wants to believe. They are about the emotions. They are therapeutic. And a great gauge at mid-life when reflection becomes the focus and not the future.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Gerard, for everything. After all the arguements these past weeks and months even years everything makes sence to me now.

He is willing to get help.But with his childhood memories I don't how he will face that..

thank you julz

stats from 7-14-10 to the present