www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Acting out a situation.

Last night the following events happened in my dream. I am curious as to their meaning.

I was learning to become a police officer. As part of the training we were learning how to undertake court proceedings. Each student had to fill a different role in a situation.

My memory of this segment of the dream began at the completion of one 'play' where I had played my role well and with confidence, and the class quickly transgressed onto the next play. I had not noticed I had a role in this play and was asked to go and 'gather' the criminals from the jail, and bring them to the court. I was unprepared but departed with confidence.

I went to the jail and got the two criminals I was supposed to take to the courtroom, and took them to the lift. When I was in the lift I realised I had no idea what floor I was meant to be going to. I calmly approxiamated how long it had taken me on the journey down and guessed at what level I had to get off, and pressed the button. The lift took me to the correct level, but also travelled sideways away from where I should have been.

Once in the corridor the criminals started moving towards the exit. I realised I had forgotten to handcuff them, and quickly grabbed them and handcuffed them together so that I had better control.

After that the dream fades out of memory.

It fades back in (I feel that somehow these two scenarios, though different are linked in the same dream), I am standing on a vegetated island in the middle of a dried up river bed (with the typical lateritic Australian soil) , very rambo-esque with a bow and arrow, and a sword (I remember someone asking me if I knew how to use a sword and I replied I was an expert). It was I alone vs an invading army. I saw a tank pull up into view on the next island along the river bed.

I pulled out an arrow and fired it at the tank. I had laid out some form of trap. When the arrow landed in the vegetation of the other island, the island became engulfed in flame, destroying the invading army.

I feel that the initial part of the dream MAY relate to two seperate jobs I have recently applied for, for which I had two interviews in the one day. These positions are a level above my current position, and I am confident that I have done well in both interviews.

The feeling of walking down the corridors to fetch the two prisoners was very reminisent of walking down the corridors of the buildings to the reading rooms prior to each interview.

Also what may be linked to this is, the first interview is for an upgrade to my current position, so it is an internal placement for which I knew the entire panel minus the HR officer, and performed to a high level. The second interview I did not know any of the people, and felt I impressed them, but that I may not be exactly what they are looking for. My talents would be very useful for them, but perhaps in another area.

Basically at this point, should I be given both jobs, I will have to choose between a position where I know the people, and that I will enjoy the work, or move into something new which is not my ideal position, but will be an improvement in facilities provided to me and better work-life balance, as I will have an extra hour spent at home rather than travelling to work.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Acting out a situation.

I have been considering the last section of the dream, and feel it may relate somehow to the current technological evolution of my field.

Using my 'primitive' tools (or skills) I can 'conquer' or engulf in flames the 'invading' advances in technology. I don't know if this means that my primitive skills can't cope with that which is coming and will destroy the oncoming changes in the field, or if my skills will defeat the enemy who are using these tools.

A (at this stage minor) problem in my field is that mapping and visualisation is being done by people who don't have the cartographic knowledge to produce meaningful results. So they have very powerful tools, but they don't know how to use them to create the most optimum product in terms of communicating what the map/visualisation user wants to see. I think this could be related to this but I am not sure.

'Setting the field' a fire could, in my mind, mean either burning / destroying it, or possibly eliminating the competition through wisdom / the use of tools in an intelligent manner. I guess what I am trying to get at is, is this a good burning or a bad burning?

I think the dry river bed could relate to a lack of intuitive/innovative ideas? I don't really see this though. It is an area so ripe for intuitive ideas to blossom.

This is what is going on in my head, I should probably reference this to the dream symbols, but I have a pretty fierce dragon to slay over the next couple of days... Which I ought to get back to right about now.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I have considered, and will have a go at self-interpretation while I await for the Queen to get back to me about the Dragon I am slaying.

Forget all my previous opinions.

I am feeling the need to take on a higher duty, more responsibility [police], but I am lacking the self-confidence to take on this role [training]. I need to play a different role [the acting] as judged by others [court proceedings] that I have not percieved (my previous role I have played well, but this one I am not sure about).

To undertake this role I must take my animal desires [criminals] that I have until now not restrained [handcuffs], and have run away from confronting them [exit/escape]. To restrain them I must bring them up to a higher perception [elevator moving upwards] and think about them [too far to the left].

Related to this, I am seperated from others [island] by a 'river' of negativity or emotional detachment [dry river bed]. I must focus [bow and arrow] on my tendency to protect myself through destructive means [tank], and purge this from my activities . By doing this I will remove my feeling of being dominated and controlled [fire engulfing invading army].

How'd I go Jerry?

Timmi,
    Let me digest all that you have provided in these three posts. I will provide my thoughts later today.
    Thanks,

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present