Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cleaning out workspace and become deaf and blind

First I would like to ask what the meaning of a Comic book is.

I used to have this dream (plenty of times) where I go to the library and find all these new comic books that I had never read before, and I borrow them. It was always a very nice dream, I was always excited about reading these new stories. I have always worked with art/graphic/drawing, painting and animation, so comic books do mean a lot to me. Just as working with the above mentioned things have always been of extreem importence to me - like the air I breathe.

Second I had this dream yesterday: I went to this place where I had 2 work places, it was night, one was a drawing table, the other a big table with a half finished comic book (colored and all) a project that I really liked and was proud of. And someday I would like to pick up where I left and finishe it. (I struggle with not feeling that what I do is good enough - and this project is the opposite of that feeling) I gathered the pages, I was going to take them with me, since I was clearing out my workspace, because my appointment of borrowing the workspace had run out. Then there are suddenly all the people I used to know and work with, (and now it is day) they all kind of ignore me, or look down on me (we used to get along fine) it is like they cannot wait to get my workspace. And then I meet the man who runs this place/studio by my drawing table, and he says that I still have one week left that I can use there (I think I said something to him first but cannot remember) Then I explain to him that the reason I could not finish my project within the deadline, was that I had become very sick, and while saying it I realize the truhh of the sentence (In life I am sick and had to get a pension 1/2 year ago - and I am not happy about it, having a very hard time accepting it, especially since I am only 36) His reaction to this is like he is looking down on me,ignore me, make me feel that I am nothing.

As a follow up on the above standing dream, I had this dream last night, that I belive is connected to it:
I am some kind of agent, it is night, I am supposed to protect a girl, we are on a street, and I know someone is after us. Two people (dressed in black and purple?) on a scooter or a scateboard attac me (not the girl) and they somehow take away my vision and my hearing, and (I do not remember clearly) cut off my arms and legs.

I do belive it has all to do with me not being able to accept my current situation, but there are so many things too that I do not understand clearly, because I do not know how to interpretate them.
I hope you can help me out.

Best,
Bettina

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Denmark

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Cleaning out workspace and become deaf and blind

Bettina,
The two working stations reminds me very much of the two role we all must play in life. One is that 'social duty' aspect [doing what is required of you, and the second being that thing in life which means the most to you, your 'bliss' station. In your opening statement you mention Just as working with the above mentioned things have always been of extreme importance to me - like the air I breathe}. Could this be what the dream is addressing?

You state "I do believe it has all to do with me not being able to accept my current situation". is that situation centered around having to do something that is of the 'social duty' order and not that creative aspect that you breathe and die for? Or could it be your illness that takes away from your creative aspect? I do believe it is addressing the creative I some way. Both Jung and Campbell teach us that it is the creative nature of the psyche that provides true balance and harmony in life. Has some part of that creative aspect been diminished? Could that be the central theme of these dreams?

I am supposed to protect a girl. That could be addressing not only a need to protect your existence in this world but also the creatice sense you live for. The creative aspect is a feminine aspect.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Some of it rings true, because of the illness and the pension, I am not able to do my "social duty" - To work. But sideeffects af the illnes such as a depression have for a about 1 1/2 made it impossible to do anything creative - It is starting to get back to me again now (finally) So the illness did take away both the social duty and the creative aspect.

But the feeling I got when the owner of the place looked at me, as well as the other people working there, was not nice - as if I was worth nothing, even if I had a valid excuse, I am not sure, but it could be me looking down om myself for not being able to fit into society and do my social duty. Or feeling that others do look down on me for not doing my social duty, and feeling that they do not think that my excuse (being sick/getting the pension) is a valid excuse. And sice my social duty (work) and my creativity/bliss (animation among others) went together hand in hand (or used to) - my feelings about not being able to do my social duty, also make me feel that I loose my bliss (among others because part of animation is cooperating with others on a project, create things together, doing the ping pong of ideas - which I all love - I get kinda high on it actually)

But I do not get the blind and deaf and amputating part, it seems more like I, by trying to protect the girl, is kind of me sacrificing part of myself to protect myself, even if I am not sure of what, since I am totally helpless and not able to act at all afterwards.

And yet again, I am not sure about the comicbook, except it could simply be a symbol of creativity to me. Ideas.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Bettina,
The owner and the other works are probably representing the various aspects of your own psyche. It is you judging yourself and not the actual workers and boss in your waking life. It is indeed you 'looking down on yourself'. And if you feel other people tend to look down on you then it could represent that attitude also. Your dreams are addressing those deep seeded attitudes you possess that need resolution.

I would tend to think that the creative aspect, at least in the deeper psyche, is more important than the social duty requirements. Social duty to the creative mind/psyche is a necessary evil. If I had my druthers I would spend my time working with dreams and my web site, both being my creative Self. But we have to eat, even if it is beans and potatoes, it does cost money.

Taking away your vision and hearing, your vital senses. Nothing is more vital than the creative Self {in Jungian psyche that is}. Plus your disability is also taking away that vital social person you are used to, someone who was at least comfortable with herself. It has cut out from under you {legs} that stability you relied on in the social world and the inability {arms} to be as creative as you need to be.

And the comic book. Another example of the creative Self. That would fit if indeed such 'comic relief' in your work is no longer available.

Does that fit better with your life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

It fits very well. And having you suggest things help me in the precess of clearing things.

So thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Bettina

stats from 7-14-10 to the present