Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vampires, etc.

I dreamt that my ex, Bob, was some kind of undercover or military or something expert and he was teaching me a specialized kind of swimming. At some point I just walked away because I didn’t want to do it (or was scared or bothered by something – you know, that undercurrent of dis – ease?). It was a huge white pool with crystalline aqua water with an almost Greek look to the buildings around it (or perhaps it was a stage). Then it changed – I became a very powerful vampire and the leader of a coven of male and female vampires. We had pets – dogs and cats and snakes - and we could fly, traveling great distances in a very short time. We were being “chased” or harassed by a group of very bad vampires or ghouls (the men had beautiful bodies and wore tight britches and no shirts and wore their hair shaggy and to their shoulders). It started out at a HUGE theater during a production of a play or something. We were guardians in the audience, I think, and someone kept trying to get me to be a part of the production on the stage and I kept backing away, further and further toward the back of the theater. Finally we ended up outside, it was dark with a purple blue sky and lots of stars, and the air felt like Fall – crisp and good to breathe. My coven flew into the air to draw the bad ones away and we traveled far away (including the animals) over the trees and mountains to a hotel, where we stayed in hiding, waiting for the others to arrive. Upon arrival, they entered our suite of rooms stealthily; trying to surprise us, but it didn’t work. We were prepared and attacked (all of us could climb walls and ceilings) and captured them – we laid them out on individual raised planks of some kind, tying them down with chains or simply keeping them “chained” with our powers. Some of us tried to sleep, others were working out some kind of singing stage performance, and there was a big balcony behind billowing gauzy white curtains where we could see out over the entire city which was lit up, the buildings all white, many of which had domed ceilings (it kind of reminded me of Jerusalem). The bad vampires tried to get free, even trying to get our animals, especially a pretty golden retriever, to help them. But every time they tried we were aware and got to them before they could break free. I woke up sometime around then

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54 Louisville, KY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Vampires, etc.

Cheryl,
Before reading your dream I look at the title for guidance. Vampires! They suck your blood, your energy. Could this be something emotionally that is affecting your current waking life?

'Swimming' in the emotions. You may have trouble doing that {I just walked away because I didn’t want to do it}. Are there aspects about your past relationship with Bob that are now affecting your emotional life?
On stage. Dreams are a stage for your life, a real life production with the purest director available {no bias from the ego}.

Good and bad vampires. And many animals. This may indicate living off your animal instincts to survive. You are utilizing those instinctive tools evolution has provided, fighting the emotional aspects that 'chase' you {the bad}. There could be a asexual aspect. Was Bob sexually attractive {the men had beautiful bodies and wore tight britches}, perhaps being an aspect that led you astray?

The backing away, further and further back in the theater. This may indicate a desire or will to suppress certain emotional issues. This part of your life is now on stage {at 54 life throws many new curve balls}. You may need to let these emotions out {we ended up outside, it was dark with a purple blue sky and lots of stars, and the air felt like Fall – crisp and good to breathe}. In Jungian psyche the need to expose the repressed aspects is essential to healing emotional wounds. The attack of the bad may be suppressing these emotional issues.
The awareness and able to get free, and Jerusalem. Could there be a spiritual aspect that is involved? Are you a Jew? At mid-life the spiritual aspect becomes a center of attention for anyone who is 'aware' of a need to balance life. What is chasing you emotionally? Is Bob still an issue? I sense emotional issues that you may be trying to suppress. Perhaps it isn't about Bob at all but instead about age {tight britches}. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps it will become clearer as to what those issues are.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard…

Vampires - I have always been interested in vampires – I love certain vampire movies, books, and I’m writing my own vampire novel.

Swimming – I don’t know how to swim; I took lessons when I lived in northern California but moved before I could finish them and never pursued it further.

The Stage – In high school I took Drama for two years and performed on the stage in plays and did the sets and costumes. Scary but I loved it. In Los Angeles I sang in a rock band for a little over a year; again, scary but I loved it. The band “disbanded” when the leader decided I was getting too much attention and sacked me. The other members left shortly after. I tried singing with others but that’s when I decided I liked writing better.

Bob - is an ex-husband who betrayed me with another woman, so there is a lack of trust there (that’s putting a big mess and lots of pain in a nutshell).

Jerusalem – I was raised Catholic but left the church at the age of 16 when I discovered that many people did not practice what they pretended to be – good Christians. I have a real problem with organized religion and after many years discovered Pagan Wicca. I am a solitary practitioner. I still have spiritual issues – how the planet is being destroyed because of power, money, and greed; how there is a real lack of love and appreciation for the natural world and the animals that inhabit this world; and how we have so little respect for our fellow humans – technology is supposed to be providing us with tools to lighten the load and give us more down time…it has succeeded to do just the opposite. People are being pushed to do everything faster and faster and there’s no catching up. I feel that I am running all of the time. I am a Capricorn with Taurus rising – two Earth signs – making me a very slow mover. I am always striving for balance.

Mid-Life – I work for a bank full time and have been attending school at night for over a year to become a Licensed Massage Therapist. I want to work for a hospital and eventually have my own practice. So I am going through quite a few changes in my life. I want to move back to the western region of the United States . When I moved from California to Maine a few years ago I drove through Arizona and was emotionally moved by the land – it spoke to me. Working for a bank is ok, but very stifling to a creative soul. I’ve been experiencing heavy duty anxiety attacks for the past two weeks; probably about the time I started remembering my dreams again, and they’ve been very vivid.

Hope this is of some help interpreting the Vampire Dream.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Follow up & background info

Cheryl,
Most of what you stated seems to have to do with your waking ego life experiences. What about your emotional life? Are you giving enough attention to 'Bob' thing? Other than very personal relationships dreams seldom use symbols as a literal representation, especially after 45 or so They are metaphorical, representing some aspect of your psyche. Dreams are about the emotions.

The stimulus for the vampire symbols are probably from your writing a novel on the subject. But the representations will have to do with your emotional self, addressing different aspects, complexes, traits, etc.

My sense is there is something you are not wanting to confront or acknowledge. What is it "I kept backing away, further and further toward the back of the theater"? The theatre would be the theatre where your life is on stage with you being the director, players and audience. Regression seems to be the direction you are experiencing in your dream. And your dreams are reflective of your life. With an emphasis on the emotions.

Everything is psychological first. Dreams reveal what the ego wishes not to betray.

I sense you possess a strong personality. Partly evident from your response. I am learning to sense personality aspects in many dreams. Partly due to my intuitive senses, and perhaps my strong belief in the feminine aspect within nature and the 'universal' psyche.

I agree with you on organized religion. The spiritual I believe in is within nature, not separate from it. But I no longer hold to just one creed. All the religions serve me, just take away the dogma and show me the deeds {deeds over faith}.

The great thing about Jung was he recognized that inherent spiritual aspect within the psyche. A scientist who 'knew' there was a God {although he didn't believe in the God of Abraham as anything greater than what it is- a myth}. Both Jung and Campbell were greatly influenced by Buddhism and Gnosticism. Campbell was first a great teacher of Native American myths and spirituality before he became the master teacher he is some 21 years after his death {Jung died in 1962}.

The Christ within-the Gnostic Jesus-The inward journey-Buddhism-psyche{ology}

Paganism is not understood {I would be considered a pagan by most}. Patriarchy is always frightened of anything that threatens its authority. The church labels it the work of Satan, and the masses blindly follow.

And there is not a better nature based religion that WICCA.

" An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will"

Attack and being attacked. Are you researching your novel in your head while asleep? That's possible but the dream is also using the the symbols to address some type of emotional conflict, maybe minor, most likely not. In the dream there seems to be an immediate if not planned response to every aggressive move. Is that your personality?
And a part of your novel.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present