www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Guy on white stallion

dream in countryside in olden days of cart and buggy
    I am traveling down a road with 2-3 girlfriends and a guy
    we are chased out of town and harassed, on the run
    Ugly yet not menacing older man always tagging along in wagon
    sense that the guy traveling w/my friends is my X?
    stop at a hotel. guy has brought only 1 set of socks and underwear in a plastic bag. I think it is gross and show my friends how to wash underwear. I am shocked that this guy wasn't more prepared to travel.
    Friends go to dance or party?
    Guy gives me DVD to watch and leaves.
    In DVD the guy looking SO hot rides up on a white stallion. He asks me to travel to the neighbors across the field for a date. A festival or show? Then, he turns and rides the great horse away. The horse stumbles, waivers, then crashes to the dirt path with him still on it. It then leaps up and rides out of site.
    I feel happy to be asked out, but am laughing at the fall. SO FUNNY. I have to show my friends and family.
    Friends and family come and watch DVD and laugh. Guy is now there too.
    Guy is standing on knees watching. I go and get on my knees and hug him. He puts his arm around me. I feel an overwhelming sense of peace and comfort. I whisper in his ear that I would love to go out. He kisses me, I am surprised that he would make a move so early. He seems a bit sad. I ask him why and he says that some things should just be between us. That I didn't need to show everyone the DVD. I agree inside. His arm is still around me and I feel totally loved and accepted even though I messed up.
    At the end of the dream I feel so at peace, loved, knowing this guy if for real and really cares about me.

dont know if it matters...but..at first the "guy" seemed to be one X (an abusive first boyfriend..when we were running out of town)..then he "morphed" into the guy I just broke up with (that I thought might be my husband...but turned out being really immature..and we broke up after several week...then the "guy" changed into the really handsome "rescuer"....there was only ONE guy in other words..but he kept changing.

if you can make anything of this....I am not sure what it means.

harriet

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes, once (skateboarding boy)

Re: Guy on white stallion

Harriet,
    It may be your childhood experiences are being addressed in this dreams as well as your present situation as it has to do with romantic relationships/choices, and the association of one to the other. Let's break the dream down and see where it leads.

The olden days of cart and buggies could represent your past. The road your are traveling would be your life's path. The town is your complete psyche. The two girls and one boy, perhaps it has to do with some real life experience but may represent the makeup of different aspects of your psyche {primarily feminine with a masculine aspect}.

Being chased out of town and harassed. Could that be your past relationship with your father {olden days of cart and buggy}? The same association with the ugly but not menacing older man {your dad}.

Then your x appears. Could that represent the conflicting relationship with him that reflects past experiences with your dad?

The socks and underwear. The underwear may represent aspects that are kept hidden. Socks cover the feet which often represent the foundation or principles you live by. Perhaps the socks represent 'covering up' certain emotions. That goes with the underwear. The guy would represent your own masculine side {men tend to hide their emotions}. The friends are other aspects of yourself, perhaps indicating parts of you are hidden that need to come out in the 'wash'.

Life goes on {building and supporting your ego, party and dance}.

The 'HOT' guy on the white stallion. Your wrong choice of relationships, your guy you just broke up with who seemed to be your 'knight in shining armor' relationship that crashes. Here again the dream may be pointing to choices of relationships. Are these guys anything like your father? Or perhaps some one who you think is opposite your father only to realize you made a wrong choice?

The next guy in your dream seems to fit with your own masculine aspect. That desire/need for fulfillment of a true masculine support and love that was 'lost' in your childhood.
    "I agree inside".
    Such language in dreams usually points to 'inner aspects' such as I just noted above.

My sense is the dream is addressing those unresolved childhood issues and how the influences affect your choices in later life, especially in your men relationships. It is the inner self that needs fulfillment so the outer self can find balance and harmony. The end of the dream is the wish and desire, and the need to acknowledge these conflicting issues and resolve them. Plus the desire for a 'truly' good romantic relationship with the 'right type' guy.

Does this fit with your inner, and outer existence? I took your first dream and used that info in interpreting this dream. Knowing you have issues with parents as a child, this dream seems to be addressing those issues and the consequences in later life from those negative experiences.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present