Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Awful Picture & Monkey Giving Birth

This is a really odd dream that I had the other night. Very strange...

In the first part of the dream, I was at the place I used to work. About five of the guys I used to work with were there with me, and we were looking at a picture. The picture was of us, and it was hanging on a wall with a bunch of other office pictures. It seemed to represent some type of accomplishment, because we all seemed very proud of ourselves. I looked closer at the picture, and the person in it I recognised as myself was so strange. I looked like a "butch" lesbian. I had a very short haircut dyed bright yellow and it was spiked. I was wearing men's shorts and a t-shirt. I was overweight and built like a stocky male. I thought to myself, "That is an awful picture of me! I'm so glad I don't look like that anymore." But, I did not want to take the picture down and I did not feel self conscience or seem to care about what people who looked at it may think of me. I seemed to be proud of the accomplishment the picture represented.

Then, somehow, I find myself in a wooded area. There is a stream running through the middle of the woods and a big wooded hill to each side. I was following the stream and saw a very tall monkey in a dress. There were some guys there, and they seemed to be young "frat boy" types. I heard one of them yell, "Oh my God, look! It's having a baby!" I look at the monky, and there was blood running down her leg. She took off running, and I followed running after her. I wanted to help her because I could tell she was afraid. She ran through the woods very fast, and it was hard to keep up, but I followed her trail of blood. I kept yelling to her telling her I wanted to help, but I didn't blame her for not trusting me. I felt so sad for her, and for some reason worried that her baby would be made a spectacle or "put on display" if anyone caught up with her before I did. She turned back a couple of times and I saw her face. It was a monkey face, but she had very human emotions. I could tell that she was scared for her baby and very sad. She gave off a sense of dispair. I felt like the "frat boys" were following, too, but I didn't see or hear them. I felt so sorry for her giving birth under these conditions and prayed for her baby. Eventually, I came to the edge of the woods. They opened up to road and I couldn't tell which direction the monkey had gone. I saw my car, and suddenly, I didn't care anymore. I started walking towards my car and that's when I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Kentucky

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Awful Picture & Monkey Giving Birth

Betty,

My time is limited this morning so I will address the first part of your dream and then the last part later in the day.

The first part of the dream seems to be addressing your masculine aspects. The accomplishment may be associated with those possessed characteristics, some real accomplishment that perhaps required more 'masculinity' than you feel is right. You may feel such actions makes you look like one of the guys {testosterone gone wild?}, which you are not.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,
Your explanation does make a lot of sense, I just can't figure out what this "accomplishment" would be. I guess maybe it's just something small that is not really signifigant to my ego, but my subconscience is proud of? Maybe it doesn't make a real difference in my waking life, but a huge step on a "deeper" level?

Can't wait to hear your take on the pregnant monkey. That was very strange indeed.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Betty,
I apologize for not getting to your whole dream. I don't like having to rush an interpretation since I do feel better about my abilities to read dreams when not pressured by social demands. But, one has to eat.

After reading the dream again I do believe there is strong masculine aspect to it. Has there been recent events or experiences where you felt a sense of accomplishment, something in line with being like one of the guys? But there is a partial rejection to this side of you, wanting to fit in but not enjoying being something you are really not.

Do you actually work in an office with many guys? Your age directs me to look for waking experiences first. But it may be purely symbolic. The last part of the dream definitely takes on more symbolic language {monkey in a dress isn't something you see in waking life very often}. Does the dream meet with any waking experiences that has to do with work and guys you may work with?

Then there is the monkey. In a dress, a female. Surely it is addressing some aspect of yourself but to what extent is not clear. And her baby. Giving birth to something new? The sense of despair. Human emotions. Does any of this strike a cord?

I need to give some serious examination to this dream. Either my intuitive senses are falling me {I did have a long day slaying social dragons} or I am missing something that is too obvious. Let me have a couple of days giving some thought, and analyzing to your dream. Let me look at it in the morning and perhaps I will 'see' something I am missing in the present. Mornings are the best time for my intuitive senses.

Your dream has 'spiked' my interest. A new challenge I haven't had in some time.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,
Thanks for getting back so fast. Don't worry about not being able to do the whole thing at once. I completely understand.

I don't work anymore. I worked for a factory that closed down, and now I am back in school. I worked in the office, and the M:F ratio was pretty even in there, but the plant was mostly male. I was hardly ever out there.

I am around guys more than girls at home, though.

I really can't figure out anything I would have done that would have made me feel masculine. I am around a lot of men, but I am myself around them.

Could it have something to do with how I perceive myself?

The monkey in the dress is the part that really bugs me. I followed her until the woods ended. She seemed so sad and worried about her child. She was very tall, probably a foot taller than me.

I thought that it may have something to do with "evolution". I am at a point in my life where I am working towards something better, "evolving". Could that be it?

Betty,
Evolution. I was stuck on the meaning of the monkey and although I thought about the evolution associations I didn't see much to support it. But if you are working towards 'new' beginnings in your life the monkey giving birth would fit nicely with the rest of the dream.

The first part is definitely focused on masculine aspects. This aspect would be the catalyst for your trying to improve your life {men taking charge} and that is an accomplishment in itself. But you are probably having problems doing so and there may be things that you have to do that goes against your feminine principles, too much masculinity is required. There may be men in your waking life who doubt your ability to achieve your goals. Or it may be your own self doubts that the 'men' represent. At times it may seem overwhelming and you think about 'running away'. Or the running away may be what you are doing to your past life, perhaps that being an accomplishment in itself.

The new birth of course would be the new beginnings you seek. You are changing the way you look and feel about yourself. But the human emotions are always present. You may be under a lot of pressure from others in your life.
But in the end unconsciously if not consciously you know you are doing the right thing even if you are confused or have doubts. You can see yourself {car} and go in that direction you wish most to follow.

There are other symbols that can be addressed but they all seem to fit the pattern of your evolution of changing for the better. Does this fit better with your life? I can see where it can be addressing that aspect although the monkey part threw a 'wrench' into the possibilities {it gives new meaning to 'monkey wrench'}.

Gerard

Ya, that fits pretty good. Strange how dreams work, huh? Who would have that a monkey in a dress giving birth could represent going to school to work towards a better career?

stats from 7-14-10 to the present