Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A man

I usually don't remember my dreams and if I do, just small things, and this morning I actually remembered a lot and I want to know what the possible meanings are.

It starts off in a really run-down city, I'm in a grocery store, shopping for food and the lights randomly shut off, and everyone just keeps going on with their business like it's normal, as do I. I finish buying my items and walk outside (it's night time) and I catch a glimpe of a really good-looking man, I am afraid of the man and I run back inside the store and run to the same cashier I had bought my items from telling her to show me where I can hide. She doesn't and the man comes up behind me and grabs my arm and I go with him to my house. He goes down into the basement. I stay in one room for a while thinking he fell asleep in the basement. I go downstairs to check, but I faintly hear him talking to someone on the phone, I look in through the crack of the door and he seems very secretive about it, so I go to the next room and pick up the phone and listen in on his conversation. He is conning an elderly man for his money. After he hangs up, I run back upstairs hoping he hadn't seen me or heard me. He comes up slowly and walks over to me grinning as I'm sitting on the couch. He lays down next to me, watching TV. Sometime later, I'm still sitting next to him absolutely terrified, he suddenly has a blanket, then he says to me he wants some, and hesitantly I begin to take my clothes off and we end up having sex...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: A man

Sergeyevna,
The described condition of the city in your dream probably is a description of some aspect of your emotional life {run down}. Looking for food may be looking for emotional nourishment, which may indicate you are not getting the full requirement of love, attention and acceptance in your life.

The man that you are afraid of and are trying to hide from could be an actual waking experience. There may be deep unconscious elements to this male aspect in your life aspect {basement}.

The rest of the dream and the description of the man and his actions. Does this fit with someone you know in your waking life. The covering up may suggest a desire to block emotional experiences. The sex part may be symbolic of a need for love, or it may be straight forward about having sex.

What is your relationship with your father like? The sex may be love as I mentioned and there may lie the emotional nourishment you seek. If it is deeper than that {the sex part} then those issues not only need resolving but need 'investigation' by proper authorities.

Let's hope it is emotional nourishment that the dream is describing.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Looking for emotional nourishment does sound pretty correct, as I've been feeling pretty worthless for numerous reasons.

I can't think of a waking element that may be relevant to the man, although there might be. Perhaps the guy my mom is dating right now... I really don't like him for unknown reasons. I just get a strange feeling when I'm around him.

I don't have a father, he died when I was only 1. So nothing wrong there. Though I do see my older brothers as semi-father figures, though I don't know how they would fit in.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sergeyevna,
The emotional nourishment seems to be fairly obvious in the dream. Your senses about your mother's guy could be the man in your dream. The strange feelings you have about him could fit with the dream. At your age waking experiences can be magnified to reflect intuitive impressions. Taking your clothes off make symbolize revealing true feelings, not for him but for the nourishment we established. The sex could merely represent integration of contrasting emotions about men in your mother's life as it has to do with the nourishment of being a family. Hard to pin down exactly what a 16 year old may be feeling.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

That sounds correct,I am kind of hesitant to let another person into our family after living so long with just my mom, my brothers, and me.
Thank you for the interpretation. ^o^

Also, it is quite hard to pin down what a 16 year old is feeling... my mind is definitely all over the place.

Sergeyevna,
Thanks for the follow-up remarks. Although your mind may be 'all over the place', something that is usual for someone your age, the intuitive thinking I mentioned seems to fit your personality. Not many 16 year olds would recognize the association of the 'man' in a dream to family nourishment. I encourage everyone to recognize that '6th' sense that nature has provided. You seem to have a 'heads up' approach about this important quality that nature provides to the human psyche.

Gerard

Sergeyevna,
I am getting an unusual number of dream requests from younger people and would like to determine if possible the source that led you to my Dream Forum. Could you provide the source or reason how you happened upon my site?

Gerard

I try to interpret my own dreams by using symbol meanings from a site I found by googling "dream interpretations" but for this last one, there were many symbols I could not figure out, so I looked throughout more of the things that popped up when googling "dream interpretations" and this website was there.

That's how I got here... I don't know if it is exactly relevant to the uprisal of younger people being here.

Sergeyevna,
Thanks for your reply. I all of a sudden had an influx of younger people posting dreams and I wanted to know if there was a particular reason. Seems as if most came here by 'Googling'.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present