Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Apocolyptic + weird hike (semi-nightmareish)

2 different dreams I'd love help with..

the first is a reoccuring nightmare where I am driving home on the interstate and all of a sudden a crowd of thousands and thousands of terrified people are running at me from the direction I am traveling. I get out of the car and have to face the fact that there is nothing I can do but join in the terrified mass of people. I felt very powerless and like the protective bubble of my car was no match for what was coming, but I never could see what the people were so afraid of..

later in the dream, we are all stranded by the road and army trucks are driving by..I felt like cattle.
Buttttt the people that were standing around took it like it was a big party, and even in the midst of a crisis, everyone was still concerned with their relationships with one another in social settings and the way they looked. it was sad.

--------------------
the one i had last night, I was climbing this really steep mountain, so steep that I ended up on my hands and knees in gravel trying to make it to the top and it got steeper by the foot.

there was a creepy man at the top that was walking somewhere nearby and saw me struggling. He reached his hand out but when he was helping me he seemed like he wanted to let me go more than help me. his grip was weak and he wasn't pulling very hard, so I helped myself help him...

I got to the top and there were different directions I could go but there was a bizzare little clearing with some type of community inside. It ended up being a place where they steal children..a cult like place and as I stepped inside, they locked the door behind me. I knew what was going on so I immediately went to the bathroom and climbed out the window, i had to go all the way back down the cliff and this time it was a straight WALL. There ended up being chunks of shredded white cheddar cheese helping my grip..maybe i was hungry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Nashville

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Apocolyptic + weird hike (semi-nightmareish)

Rachael
The first dream seems to be addressing emotions of despair, a lack of individuality, a feeling of not belonging. On the outside there is a facade covering up inner conflicts of the emotions.

The second dream seems to also be addressing emotional distress. The emotions may be overwhelming at times. You may feel there is no way to turn for help and you are not able to help yourself emotionally.

Are there childhood issues in your life? The dream may be addressing a 'stolen' childhood, perhaps not receiving the proper love and acceptance as a child. Are there repressed emotions? You may be experiencing destructive impulses because of past experiences.

Does this describe your life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I think my childhood were actually the best years of my life. I had a really good one.

My adult life is filled with despair. *shrug*

And yes, i feel like there's nothing I can do about it.

BUT none of it is that bad. I don't wanna go all emo on here.

thanks for your help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Nashville

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Rachael.
Your feelings of 'despair' need not be so traumatic that it adversely affects your life. The day to day routine that 'plays' on you, the stress from that is what the dream may be addressing. As for your childhood, I asked that question in case there was something deeper to consider.

The feeling that you can not do anything about your situation. That could add to the despair you are feeling. There are reasons you sometimes feel 'like cattle'. Is there not any way to break away from the herd or is your 'lack of individuality' a barrier? Perhaps working on the inner self may help. That is what Jungian pysche is about, the inner life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present