Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Helping out immigrant family

I had joined a family of African immigrants to help them get by. By working to provide for the family in conjunction with the father (while the mother looked after the children) we were able to provide a better standard of living for the family.

It was bed time and we were in the bathroom. The parents were watching over me like one of the children, making sure I brushed my teeth properly. The house itself had no walls or roof, but was an amphitheatre that was open to nature. In the bathroom there was a mirror. I do not know if it was suspended in midair, or was stand-alone as my view of its base was blocked by the other children of the family (of which there were six).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Helping out immigrant family

Timmi,
Unless there are such experiences in your life that resemble those of 'joining a family of African immigrants' then the dream is most likely addressing unconscious concerns about your own welfare. Are there stressful times in trying to provide a 'better living' for your family?

Or could it be relating back to your childhood, reflecting hardships then that may be similar today in your life? The 'open to nature' aspect of the dream. Does that fit in some where in your life? The mirror would be a reflection of you. The base could be the principles you grew up in {as a child}. The children blocking that base may represent the pressures of providing for your own nourishment or/and providing for your own children.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

Definatly addressing unconscious concerns. Would most likely be towards providing for the family. In the current situation inflation is huge, prices are skyrocketing, and the government doesn't see it as necessary to give us a pay rise that meets inflation (ie our pay rise is actually a pay cut). I am getting by though, definatly not struggling with our budget, and if push comes to shove I could always go to the private industry.

But that could be where the open to nature comes in. At the moment, working for the government I am kind of protecting nature by showing where we can't build stuff, but if I were to go to the private industry, I would be working in the mining industry, which I see as a bit of a devil that is destroying the natural world.

Nature could also be referring to that I live on the rural-urban fringe, and drive past farms and native vege everyday on my way to work. I like living where I do because of this, but long to spend more time going for walks in the bush and in the hills that I can see from my home.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

Timmi,
I applaud your approach and thinking when it comes to nature. To sacrifice the possibility of making more money to benefit nature is a wonderful thing. My thinking, and my experience, is that nature rewards such actions. That may sound strange but in the hero's journey of mythology nature always provides 'helping hands' to those who live by nature, with nature.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present