Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kittens

Hi, I dreamt last night of my dog Duke, which I had put down a couple of years ago. He was mothering 8 kittens. We were both taking care of them, there was one part I remember that I wanted to make sure they did not fall in a lake. THat is all I remember, but when I walked out on my porch after waking up, there was a 6 week old kitten and his mother on the back porch? Anyway, I thought it was strange, thank you for your help! CC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Kittens

CC,
Interesting dream. And events that follow.

Since Duke was a male dog I 'would think' the dream is about some masculine aspect you possess that is 'nursing' something 'new' and feminine in your life. And although dreams seldom may predictions there may be an air of Synchronicity about this dream. The events in the dream did play out, you discovered a 6 week old kitten and 'his' mother on the back porch. The metaphors {to me} are striking in that they seem to be pointing to something else that may happen in your life {the anachronistic aspect}.

The mother is you but there is an aspect of masculinity involved. Something that perhaps was 'put down' or has been ignored. The back porch would point to the unconscious possibilities {front porch being the thinking aspect}. The kitten is 6 weeks old {how did you know that, was it a guess?}. The number 6 would be representative of a positive physical or waking aspect. The 8 kittens in the dream for me represents a combination of two 4s {the number of wholeness in Jungian speak}. Perhaps this dream is predicting another event that is about to happen in your life that has to do with these two numbers. Are you considering a 'new romance' or some other new event in your life? I remind you the dream speaks of 'nursing' this new thing. That may be something you need to consider if the above suggestion fits.

But the dream may just be a 'co-incidental' unconscious event that has no other meaning than it was co-incidental. But being a true Jungian, someone who looks at things first in an objective light but always gives measure to metaphysical possibilities {Jung was scientist who believed in the metaphysical possibilities-which he developed from actual experiences with thousands of patients in his practice}, I 'sense' there is something deeper involved in this dream.

Your response may shed new light on those possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you so much for responding! The 6 weeks was a guess...Looks like the mother gave birth under the porch, I have seen 2 more kittens since. I did leave a job after 7 years, because I could not take the way I was treated any longer. I am waiting for an answer on a job a may be chosen for. I did move, and my husband, 2 dogs and cat are still at our home about 7 hours away. So, yes, I think something deeper is going on. Thank you so much, I did love your response! CC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi, so do think there is anything to add? thanks!!! CC

cc,
One aspect of the dream from taken your response is the waking association of your husband {masculine} 7 hours away at home 'nursing' the animals. Dreams will address more than one aspect of the dreamer's life. Using the 7 hours and the masculine in this way to express an aspect of your waling life.

The deeper possibility could be these 'new' aspects in your life addressing your emotional state of being {lake}, the part about the kittens falling into the lake. It may mean you should not let the emotional strain of the new changes stress you out. The kittens would be that emotional aspect {women are 'traditionally' more emotional}. The 'male' dog nursing the kittens would represent masculine aspect 'nursing' that feminine emotional state.

For some reason after I first read the dream I sensed a positive aspect from it. Maybe it is a positive omen to the new changes after all is said and done. Synchronicity is much like fate. There is a reason for all seasons, and for synchronistic events.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present