www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Kittens

Hi, I dreamt last night of my dog Duke, which I had put down a couple of years ago. He was mothering 8 kittens. We were both taking care of them, there was one part I remember that I wanted to make sure they did not fall in a lake. THat is all I remember, but when I walked out on my porch after waking up, there was a 6 week old kitten and his mother on the back porch? Anyway, I thought it was strange, thank you for your help! CC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Kittens

CC,
    Interesting dream. And events that follow.

Since Duke was a male dog I 'would think' the dream is about some masculine aspect you possess that is 'nursing' something 'new' and feminine in your life. And although dreams seldom may predictions there may be an air of Synchronicity about this dream. The events in the dream did play out, you discovered a 6 week old kitten and 'his' mother on the back porch. The metaphors {to me} are striking in that they seem to be pointing to something else that may happen in your life {the anachronistic aspect}.

The mother is you but there is an aspect of masculinity involved. Something that perhaps was 'put down' or has been ignored. The back porch would point to the unconscious possibilities {front porch being the thinking aspect}. The kitten is 6 weeks old {how did you know that, was it a guess?}. The number 6 would be representative of a positive physical or waking aspect. The 8 kittens in the dream for me represents a combination of two 4s {the number of wholeness in Jungian speak}. Perhaps this dream is predicting another event that is about to happen in your life that has to do with these two numbers. Are you considering a 'new romance' or some other new event in your life? I remind you the dream speaks of 'nursing' this new thing. That may be something you need to consider if the above suggestion fits.

But the dream may just be a 'co-incidental' unconscious event that has no other meaning than it was co-incidental. But being a true Jungian, someone who looks at things first in an objective light but always gives measure to metaphysical possibilities {Jung was scientist who believed in the metaphysical possibilities-which he developed from actual experiences with thousands of patients in his practice}, I 'sense' there is something deeper involved in this dream.

Your response may shed new light on those possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you so much for responding! The 6 weeks was a guess...Looks like the mother gave birth under the porch, I have seen 2 more kittens since. I did leave a job after 7 years, because I could not take the way I was treated any longer. I am waiting for an answer on a job a may be chosen for. I did move, and my husband, 2 dogs and cat are still at our home about 7 hours away. So, yes, I think something deeper is going on. Thank you so much, I did love your response! CC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi, so do think there is anything to add? thanks!!! CC

cc,
    One aspect of the dream from taken your response is the waking association of your husband {masculine} 7 hours away at home 'nursing' the animals. Dreams will address more than one aspect of the dreamer's life. Using the 7 hours and the masculine in this way to express an aspect of your waling life.

The deeper possibility could be these 'new' aspects in your life addressing your emotional state of being {lake}, the part about the kittens falling into the lake. It may mean you should not let the emotional strain of the new changes stress you out. The kittens would be that emotional aspect {women are 'traditionally' more emotional}. The 'male' dog nursing the kittens would represent masculine aspect 'nursing' that feminine emotional state.

For some reason after I first read the dream I sensed a positive aspect from it. Maybe it is a positive omen to the new changes after all is said and done. Synchronicity is much like fate. There is a reason for all seasons, and for synchronistic events.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present