Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
volcano dream

this one got me...affected me all morning. cast includes sister, mom, dad, maternal gramma and parents recently deceased cat, T.C., yellow long hair tabbyish. dreamt of Mt. St. Helens erupting...we were on an island, yet not. must pack to get off island. I was packing my car, a red honda, I had years ago(details of loading car, putting front passenger seat forward and tipped towards dash to make space for personal belongings, not passenger, also dad helping load a mattress on the car, tying it with rope. (?!?!?) flash to getting mom out and she is making big deal about taking stupid knick-knack stuff...believe they were blown-glass dragonflies on a stick in a vase..just trying to get her out. she is pissing me off..(not unusual from waking life..)Taking too long... flash to dad getting us all in a car (different from my car)...as he is coming to us he puts T.C. in a blue Coleman cooler and gives it to a neighbor kid. (in my dream T.C. is alive) he says that he told the kid to make sure that he tells his parents to get the hamburger in it in the fridge before it spoils, telling us that is how he makes sure that T.C. will be ok. all the while the sky is grey and ominous and the volcano is spewing ash. in car are gramma, sister, mom and me...then I awake..much more detailed in my head....but that is the major details. what always gets me through out the day, is how I felt upon waking...messes with me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: volcano dream

stacey,
My sense is the volcano in your dream represents yourself on the verge of erupting. The characters in the dream are those people who may be adding to the possible explosion. And it goes back to childhood. Is that the case in your current life, pressures having to do with family that threaten to erupt? Your mother is pissing you off, your dad trying to placate you but takes too long to assure you things are fine {his insistence may ring hollow in real life}. Along with other pressures in your life, are you a walking volcano?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: volcano dream

I did not liken the volcano to me. but your reply makes perfect sense. there are pressures from family, clients, etc. so must make sure that I take care of things before I explode. Now the hard part is figuring out how!

The part of the dream that really got me, was the part concerning T.C. Why dream of the deceased cat, and why would my dad (who in real life, adored him) put him in a cooler? I know dreams are strange...
I probably try to read too much into things.

Thank you, Gerard. You were very helpful!
Stacey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: volcano dream

stacy,
The possible explosion is most likely the central theme of your dream. Give attention to that by seeking ways to get from beneath it and perhaps that part of the dream will be satisfied.

You state you adored your father. Perhaps the TC represents that part of you that feels 'alive' in relationship to your father {opposite to other family members}. The cooler could represent 'frozen' in the unconscious, and the kid eluding to childhood experiences {again the positive relationship with your father}. Again, I see roots to possible childhood experienecs that may underlye your presonality and what motivates you in your peresent waking life.

You can never read too much in dreams. In the waking life yes. But the dream never lies. You merely have to figure out the language it is using to describe that 'inner' self.

Does the above make sense in your life?
As for what to do. Finding ways to get out from under all the stress is the ultimate cure. One stressful event/aspect/person at a time. It will probably require a complete lifestyle change, a new thinking. Either that or 'explode' under all the weight/stress that is in your life.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Re: volcano dream

much to ponder. thank you for shedding some light on this. of course lifestyle changes are indeed difficult, if not almost impossible to realize. Must just put one foot in front of the other and try to realize what I am trying to tell myself, via dreams. Thanks again. Catch up with you on my next crazy dream!
Stacey

stats from 7-14-10 to the present