Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not recurring dream, but recurring place.

I'm writing this on behalf of my other half, Tyler.

He doesn't have recurring dreams, but a large portion of his dreams occur in the same place. He describes it as a very red movie theater and arcade. He's had so many dreams there that he can remember the shape of the lobby.

Despite it being a movie theater, he's never actually watched a movie there. He has, however, played games.

At least these dreams have all been in the theater/arcade and on different nights. Dreams are usually set in late-afternoon

-Everyone Disappears, there are gates everywhere

-He's there with friends, suddenly friends are gone

-Theater is a shelter for some natural disaster, but electricity comes on, and everyone can play in the arcade, and so is happy.

-Was at arcade, saw old ex-friend, left and friend followed him (proceeded to be annoying and try to steal from in)

Additional information may be that he is a gamer, but doesn't go to theaters often.

Any idea what this reaccuring theater could mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Nope

Re: Not recurring dream, but recurring place.

Caitlin,
I'm assuming your brother is near your age.
The red theatre with the arcade may represent being emotionally caught up in something, possibly the gaming itself. If he is a 'gamer' then emotions would likely be involved in his play {arcade}. I get the sense his dream is addressing his emotional attachment to his 'gaming habits'. Perhaps he is too emotionally involved. The gates and the disasters are often what one encounters in these games. His friends may be 'allies' in the games as well as real friends who may see his gaming attitude as a bit much. So much so it is 'annoying' to some of his friends.

All in all his gaming habits may be too emotionally involved and gets in the way of other aspects in his life. Does he seem at times to be too emotionally involved in playing these arcade games? He may be using the games as a refuge from real life {Theater is a shelter for some natural disaster} and as long as he can involve himself in this fantasy world he feels as if everything is fine {but electricity comes on, and everyone can play in the arcade, and so is happy}

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Not to be nit-picky, but by 'other half' I meant boy friend, not brother ;) He's my boyfriend of 2 years.

I really appreciate your fast and detailed response. In this case I'm not sure if it is accurate or not. Although he is a very avid gamer, I don't see it interfering too much with daily life, and he rarely talks to his other friends about it.

I don't mean to dismiss your entire idea, as it is logical according to the information given, but in this case we may be looking for something else.

Any second possibilities?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Caitlin,
Whether I am correct or not in my assessment can only be answered by the person who had the dream. If you will have him provide the full dream as he remembered it instead of just providing summary details perhaps we can discern what the dream is trying to address. Your summary is your impressions and perhaps not how the dream actually unfolded. Even in your response I see parts where my interpretation could fit.

Are you looking for something in particular? If so that may be a disappointment to what you are looking for and not what the dream is trying to address.

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I can ask him to post here if you would like, although he has dictated to me over the phone a large portion of my responses. And no, this is actually the first time I haven't been looking for a certain answer. I'm truly at a loss with this one. Usually I can just discuss it with him and eventually he'll come to his own conclusion. But this is the first time we can't find any connections.

When I talk to him later I will tell him to post himself, so it may help you.

Again, your fast and detailed responses are much appreciated. It makes me very much wish that I could whole-heartedly agree with you, and in fact I almost did. But I'm sure truthful responses are best for both parties ;)

Caitlin,
Yes, have him post the dream. That way there will not be second hand possibility of suggestive thought to the dream. I had originally thought about rejecting the outline you presented {see Dream Forum Guidelines} because one, it was a summary, and two, it was posted by someone other than the dreamer. But I went against my better instincts which proved once again to be a mistake {always go with your intuitive instincts}.

As for honesty, I don't know how to respond to that. Your age probably figures into that statement and I will not dwell on it. Criticisms don't bother me as long as they are valid. Even from a 16 year old.

"It makes me very much wish that I could whole-heartedly agree with you, and in fact I almost did".

What changed your mind? Was it because it wasnt what you were looking for?

Be honest now.

Have your bf post the dream in its entirety. And be open to the possibilities I may suggest. I'm not normally off by much in my interpretations.

You can judge that for yourself by reading my interpretations on the first two pages of the Dream Forum.

Judging by your grammar and the proper structure of your post you seem to be very intelligent for someone your age. Maturity is something to build on and as you suggested honesty is is a good measure to being truly mature.

gerard

I am sorry that I didn't have him post in the first place. I thought that typing what he was telling me would be enough, but I understand now that it still is not the same. I am sorry.

I'm a little confused by your meaning of this statement: 'As for honesty, I don't know how to respond to that. Your age probably figures into that statement and I will not dwell on it. Criticisms don't bother me as long as they are valid. Even from a 16 year old.'

If I offended you, I am sorry. Don't be afraid to explain what it was that bothered you. And please, do not take my age as something that so defines who I am. I know I may not have all the wisdom of age, but I would like to think that who I am could simply be defined by who I am, not how old I am. I know many an adult whose time on earth seems to give them no wisdom at all, I know many younger than I who show the intelligence and maturity beyond me and some of my elders. So please, let's not worry too much about age. I am who I am, and if I acted wrongly it is because I acted wrongly. Not because of the mere excuse of 'only 16'.

As far as 'What changed your mind? Was it because it wasnt what you were looking for?' I changed my mind simply because I read it to Tyler and it didn't sit right with him. He asked that I reply looking for a different possibility. I agreed that it didn't quite fit his case, so I chose to do what he asked.

I realize you aren't often off, that is why I came here. I read your interpretations. I just think that this time with the information I gave you, you made a logical choice but not an entirely true one. Perhaps if you speak with Tyler he will be able to give you a better impression of himself and the dream. Then a more accurate analysis can be made.

Finally, I feel I must again thank you for your time and selflessness in answering my questions and comments in such a timely and detailed manner. It truly is a great service you are doing and I do appreciate that. I am sorry if I offended you in any way as that was never my intention in the least. I expect Tyler will be replying sometime late this evening.

Hello, I am the dreamer himself.

Caitlin's dictation was pretty much word for word but I hope I can provide more details for your interpretation. Although there has been a fair amount of time since my last dream there so I apologize if I come off a but vague.

As far as I can remember there have been about four dreams in this same location. The first occurred a couple months ago. I was in the arcade, a fairly standard movie theater arcade only a little more red and a bit larger. I was there with a few close friends of mine, Caitlin included, and we were waiting for our movie to start. Then they were all gone. Nothing else had changed except for their disappearance. Very soon after that I woke up, it wasn't really a shocking dream or anything... just strange.

The second was the natural disaster one. It was the same arcade again only even larger to accommodate more people. It was a tad darker because the power was out. (By the way, I don't remember ever finding out what the disaster actually was.) No one I knew was there, they were all just random people. Not scary or anything, just strangers. Everyone was having quiet conversations and I was just walking around. Suddenly the power snapped on and all of the lights and games came on. Everybody was happy because it meant something to pass the time and the situation outside must've been improving. The end.

The third one was another fairly short one. I was there by myself too see a movie. I remember walking in from the street and past the front desk to the arcade because I was early for my showtime. There was nothing special about the man at the front desk, he was just a regular theater employee. There were movie posters on the wall for some Star Wars movie and The Simpsons movie. I was there too see The Simpsons movie. (Which is a little odd considering I am not a big fan of The Simpsons and I never really wanted to see the movie.) A little before showtime everything seemed to get dimmer so I decided to investigate. It looked like the theater had been shut down for the night. The attendant was gone and there were security gates up over almost every doorway, including the arcade I had just come out of. I wandered around the lobby for a little while and woke up. Again, not really shocking or anything... just strange.

The fourth, longest, and most recent dream happened a little over a week ago. I was just at the theater wandering around the arcade and an old friend that I haven't talked to in about 7 years showed up. We didn't stop speaking on good terms and I wasn't really happy to see him. He, Jack, was pretty friendly though and tried to start a conversation. I just kind of shrugged it off and left the theater to walk home. It was later afternoon and an average temperature outside. I took a left down the sidewalk but he followed me right out the door and kept trying to get me to talk to him. I remember somehow being at my house. (Not my real house.) My mom was there and she was happier to see Jack than I was. He tried to steal something but I caught him. He ran off and I followed him too his house just across the street. (It was similar to his real house from when we were friends but in a different location. He never lived anywhere near me.) I tried to find a way in as he was locking all the doors and windows too keep me out. His mom saw me at the front door and let me in. I ran to his room, grabbed the object off hid windowsill (I never knew what it was, but it was black.) and did some kind of acrobatic flip-thing out his window and over a small ravine. (There is no running water anywhere near his real house.) I have absolutely no acrobatic prowess in real life. I took off back around his house too mine as the dream ended.

I hope these descriptions help you out. Caitlin didn't leave anything out, I just didn't tell her every little detail for the post.

As for my gaming in real life...

I am an avid gamer but I do not feel that I immerse myself in the fantasy world to get away from anything. I enjoy the games the same way and movie fanatic would watch films. I like them for their artistic values. Most people do not see it but when you blend expert storytelling, sound, 2D and 3D computer aided art, and technology you can get a true feat of art and design just like any good movie.

As for talking about gaming too my friends I know I do not do this much. I do not feel like I can't talk about it and I don't keep it a secret from them. But I also know that it is far from the only thing I talk about.

Also, I don't play many actual arcade games at all. It pretty much all console and PC stuff. (Xbox 360 and the like.)

Thank you for your thoughts and time. I hope to hear from you soon!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, Colorado

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Tyler,
I'll look at your dream in the morning. As for the word for word dictation by Caitlin, without the little details. That is like a house without the trim. It can define who you are.

gerard

Tyler,
The 'minor' details left out by Caitlin do become most important in interpreting your dreams. A summary by a second party is not adequate enough to provide real insights to the dreams.

First Dream
Arcade: Playing games, literally or figuratively

Red: a larger passion for the arcade.

This movie is about you, not anyone else.
The movie is the dream.

Second Dream
Back at the arcade. But it is larger to accommodate more of 'yourself'. You are dealing with unconscious matters, something you have no 'power' to control. In the unconscious you are dealing with aspects about yourself that are unfamiliar.
Then that thing that gives you 'power' kicks on. The outside, your waking ego, uses this power to pass the time.
The improvement on the outside. Is this addressing your whole life, your family life? In what condition is that part of you.

And where is the disaster within the dream? There is nothing within the dream that mentions it. Is this merely a waking feeling {which often occurs and just as important}. Again, it may be addressing your whole waking life, this disaster.

Third Dream
Are you good at playing arcade games? This may be the 'showtime', your talents on display. This may be an ego thing, a need for recognition. The Simpsons. Is this more like your real family life? Perhaps you are 'shutting down' this aspect of your life so not to have to confront the reality.

Fourth Dream
Was there an actual event 7 years ago that is relevant to this dream?

Note: We have already strayed far from Caitlin's mere summary of your dreams. The reason for the need to post the dream, and from you, and not a summary by someone else. There was a lot of important details that were left out

I get the sense that Jack represents more than just himself in this dream, probably represents an aspect of your own psyche. What could that be beyond just the relationship with him {which the dream may be addressing also}.

There is some part of yourself that you need to be conversing with. Some aspect of who you are that keeps following you around {which suggests an aspect you probably don't wish to acknowledge}.
This aspect that Jack represents is one that your family wishes to recognize. But it isn't everything about you, there is that part that keeps following you around that needs recognition. You have locked the doors to this aspect.
Perhaps the house that Jack lives in is one that you rather would be in {and not your own}. This may be what was 'stolen' from you, the family life you wish for.

The unknown object would be that life Jack represents {does he have a good family?}.

Summary
I change little in my original interpretation but I do have something to add. That addition stems from the added info provided in the actual dreams and beyond what was included in Caitlin's summary.

Tyler uses the arcade games as an escape from reality of his home life. It may not be an obsession on the magnitude of completely controlling Tyler but it is an escape and he uses it extensively.

The real issue seems to be that part of Tyler's life that he wishes he could change. My sense is it has to do with his family life at home. This is what i gather from the actual posted dreams and what the summary left out.

Is there problems at home? Do you 'escape' to the arcade to get away from that family life? And what happened 7 years ago that has left its emotional mark?

In answering these questions I quote Caitlin, "be honest". In your dreams these are aspects that you do not want to acknowledge. You may not want to do so in your waking life but the unconscious life of dreams is all about this rejected Jack within.

gerard

Caitlin & Tyler,
One more comment. This isn't about my giving a correct interpretation as it is about Tyler's emotional life. Dreams tend to the emotions first, and foremost. Learning something about yourself is a theatre of dreams. That is what I want to convey in my attempts to shine light on other people's dreams, that is most important.

gerard

Tyler,
While working out this morning another aspect of the dream came to me. The other possibility, and one that would fit with a 16 year old dream, would be the last paragraph is addressing personality issues.
The family could be your 'inner' family, the totality of your psyche, all aspects. Jack would fit with someone you closely identity with, his personality as a friend being a positive. The house Jack lives in with 'his' family would be metaphor for the personality and not his real family or yours. At 16 the ego centered self is seeking identity and traits or even friendship aspects could be a large part of the dream 'plot'.
Both could apply, but on different levels, with both being true. The real family situation as well as personality.

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present