Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A friend driving my car

This concerns a fairly new friend with whom I've connected with well.

I'm not sure why but for some reason she was driving my car. She was telling me about how she wanted to break up with her boyfriend for a while. I looked ahead and saw something cubical that was covered with a tarp in the middle of the road. I quickly yelled for her to stop. I think it may have been a dark green color tarp. She almost hit it. It was at that point that I hugged her, and I ended up waking up hugging my pillow.

Just to let you know ahead of time, I do feel like we could be in a relationship if she were single.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 in Indiana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A friend driving my car

Michael,
Most dreams of someone else driving your car are symbolic of someone in some way having control over you {you are the car and the driver is controlling it}. My sense is you may have an interest in this female friend but have doubts about those possibilities. Perhaps she meets your standards of what you wish for in a relationship, something that would make you 'whole' {tarp covering up the cubical - anything square often represents wholeness}. But my sense is the dream is addressing inner instincts that are telling you that might not be possible. Is this female already in a relationship or is that just a dream statement?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hello Michael,

Now I am no Gerard, but I might have a go at analysing this dream if I may.

It would be nice for you I imagine if this dream was prophetic, but unfortunately, usually dreams speak about internal goings on, using symbols often taken from the outside world.

In this case, the car would be a representation of you, and your life. Through my eyes, the pretty damsel in the drivers seat would be either your attitude to this particular girl, or alternatively she may represent objects of your desire in general.

The fact that the girl is driving the car says to me that your desire, either for this particular girl, or desire in general, is what is ‘driving’ your life. This is what motivates you into action.

Now, I may be going into too much detail here, and a little off track, but the fact that in the dream she says she is wanting to break up with her boyfriend ‘for a while’ suggests to me that this is what you want to hear from her. The fact that it is ‘for a while’ could either mean that you are looking for your chance with her, or else that what you are subconsciously looking for is a fling, hence more physical than a mental attachment. Perhaps you need to have an honest look at what exactly has created this connection between the two of you, whether it is a physical attraction, or a deeper connection.

Then there is the issue of the cube in the middle of the road, covered by a dark green tarp. The cube has been interpreted (in my experience) as a symbol of the physical world, the 6 sides representing the 4 cardinal directions plus height and depth. The dark green tarp, being dark (black = shadow) and green (new beginning) would suggest that you are hiding your attitude towards physical desire. This has created an obstacle in your life (lying in the middle of the road). The fact that it is lying in the middle of the road could also suggest that by letting your desires control your life you are setting up a new obstacle in your 'shadow' that will lead to a nice mid-life crisis.

Your true self (you in the dream) wants this to stop (yelling stop). I do not think this is saying stop and kick the lovely lady out on the road. It is saying stop letting her drive you. Take the wheel for yourself, then when those annoying tarp covered cubes go to cross the road you will be able to stop in time. Plus, chicks dig guys who take the wheel.

The final part of the dream where you hug her. This would be referring to the next stage of development in this process. Embracing your desires. My intuition says that, in relation to the rest of the dream, this is not about embracing your desires in the sense of going out and fulfilling them, but rather coming to an understanding of them. Recognising them for what they are.

Physical desire seems to me to be the focus of this dream, and in that sense I would say that there is nothing wrong with physical desire. It is a natural part of our self, which has its specific reason for being there, ie the procreation of our species. To quote South Park, “there is a time and place and it is called College”. It is not something to hide, it is a part of you to grow to understand.

But eventually as part of our life process, we (in general) get old and start a family. From your post it sounds to me like you are looking for ‘the one’ since you are trying to perceive how you and the lady would be together. It may just be the beginning of this phase of your life, and you may have a ways to go before you settle down, but what I perceive as being the underlying message of this dream is to embrace and come to an understanding with your desires, so that YOU take control of your life’s direction.

What are your thoughts?

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

To answer Girard, the girl has recently broken up with her boyfriend. In addition to that her now ex-boyfriend is quite clingy.

To Rook, when I said 'for a while' it meant that she has been thinking about it for a while. As far as it being physical or mental, I think that my crush honestly may be more physical since I just met her, but our conversations have been enjoyable, so it could possibly be mental for half of it.

As far as her being the personification of my desires, it sounds very nice. ( I might use it as a pickup line sometime.) However, I was thinking about her all night that night, so I think this dream is referring to that particular person.

You said that the cube represents my physical desires, so could it be possible that I am trying too hard to cover my physical desires, and letting my emotional/mental desires about her drive me?

Wow, that sounds very good. Thanks everyone!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 in Indiana

Michael

Only too happy to provide good material. ;)

In the case that it is your attitude towards her, what my insight is saying in that case is that your desire for her is what is driving your actions, and you are hiding from your conscious (or supressing) that it is a phsyical attraction. You are wanting it to be more than that so bad, that you are perhaps forcing a conscious emotional desire that may perhaps not be a realistic representation of how you actually feel.

Embrace your desire for her for what it is. Acknowledge consciously that, yes, you are attracted to her physically. She is hot. There is nothing wrong with that. The bad part would be the forcing the emotional desire. Don't force it, let it happen naturally. The only way to establish this emotional attachment is to continue to talk to her, really get to know her, and be honest with yourself about how you feel about her, don't let your physical desire for her cloud your vision.

Remember! This is simply my impression, and advice. It may not be perfect. How to act on this, I would say to follow your own intuition and your heart.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present