Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
virgin mary and sea creatures

hello everyone..it's been a long time since i had this kind of dream...hope someone can explain this to me...

i felt that in my dream that i lived in a remote island which looks like the one in johnny depp's pirate movie where people believe in supernatural things.. the elders who look like people from an African tribe told me in my dream that I should be able to feed Virgin Mary, ( a small statue standing on a foam in an altar) with flaky white strips ten minutes before one o' clock in the morning..if i failed to do it the sea creatures will hunt the community until no one survives.. i was so afraid that i fed the statue placed atop the altar at 12:15 a.m. and saw the statue floating from water...because i failed to follow instruction a blonde sexy woman rushed to the shore with a shell and tried to immerse herself to the white sand but the sea creatures were already attacking... in just a blink of an eye, i was gone from the island and saw myself watching crowd of students in circles in every floor of the building waiting for something i could not understand.. i decided to go to washroom in my dream ..when i was about to pee, found out that the cubicle was surrounded by three doors i cannot lock and a woman in swimsuit came in my cubicle and said something i was not able to comprehend and i woke up...

---so sorry for posting a very complex story but i was really bothered by this...i usually have this kind of dreams whenever i made career changes..----thanks a lot...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, ph

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? not yet

Re: virgin mary and sea creatures

kate,
I have an early doctor's appointment but I will take a good look at your dream when I return.

Question. Are you now in the mist of 'changes' in your career? Could the elders be 'superiors', {bosses, supervisors, etc.} who want you to 'feed' into something that you think is an 'idol' and not something you believe in? It could have to do with moral preferences {you feel what they want isn't right}. Because of your preferences you feel isolated {remote island}.

And the three choices you have that may help you 'relieve' {pee} your dilemma. Are there such choices in your waking life that may provide a 'way out', something that you may not fully comprehend or have confusion about?

I'll try to be more specific when I look at the dream later.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

kate,
Let's see if this dream has real 'career implications or if it is addressing different emotional aspects or is in association with other life experiences. Dreams often address more than one aspect of the dreamer's life and this may be doing just that.

In the opening of your post you stated "i felt that in my dream that i lived in a remote island". That may be setting the stage for what the dream is attempting to address in your emotional/physical life. And looking at your e-mail address I can '"suppose' you have an interest in 'supernatural' things {as do I but in an objective manner}. And often such interests are accompanied by an interest in spiritual matters and so the 'virgin mary'. If this assumption is true then it would either explain how your psyche uses such associations to convey emotional conflicts spurned by waking life experiences or, the dream is addressing something different and/or more than career changes. If your present work life experiences are causing you to feel as if you are being isolated then that would fit with the dream plot. The statue as a idol on an alter could fit with someone or some thing in your 'career' experiences. The virgin mary reference may have sexual connotations, something perhaps about present or past career experiences are taking note of {"even sexual harassment}. The sea creatures, well, men are real creatures of habit and can be just as dangerous as real creatures.

There is something about the numbers in the dream that may be telling. 10 to 1 {oclock}. 1215. My admitted fascination sees the number 9 {"1+2+1+5=9 and 1 subtracted from 10 = 9} in both but that is me. The number 9 equates with the higher feminine aspect as would the virgin mary. How would that fit with career experiences. That type dream language very often suggests the dream is addressing the higher self with as much psyche energy as would ego {"career} aspects. Johnny Depp is a 'mysterious' person {a great actor and a real mysterious person in his real life} and there is those 'super natural' things.

Does these times having any waking life associations? If the dream is primarily {or even secondary} addressing career concerns these time may have real waking life associations. Or they may be metaphors for waking life experiences that have to do with time or numerical associations you would recognize {with some thought}. Dreams will use such 'schemes' when addressing the unconscious world.

Many think of the UNCONCIOUS world as being 'SUPERNATURAL!

And I am re-reading the book Was CG Jung A Mystic.
I digress.

But then there is the 'sexy blond. Sexual connotations? Or perhaps a blond goddess type immersed in the sands of the unconscious.
The blink of an eye. Perhaps the wink of the eye. Office play? Or the eye as 'Your window to the soul - whatever the eyes are reflecting may be communication from the soul'. A quick view of the unconscious.
That is what dreams do.

immerse herself to the white sand but the sea creatures were already attacking. Perhaps this is addressing doing something that is required or expected that goes against your principles or will. Career obligations or office politics/policy?

Students in circles on every floor of the building. That could easily be about the 'inner world', circles being a common symbol for wholeness, completion. The students would represent those learning aspects within yourself. The inner search is a search for understanding.

But if the dream is addressing the ego life then there can be waking associations of these images. Every psyche is different in its personal experiences and how they process those experiences into dream images whose intent is to inform the dreamer of an emotional truth and/or experience.

Washrooms or bathrooms are were you eliminate and/or cleanse things. Peeing is a physical elimination. That could be addressing career decisions/experiences or if the cubicle represent 4 {a number representing wholeness} then you get back into the inner world.
But that inner world can be your emotions. If career decisions or experiences are strongly stressful then the emotional impact would be central in your dreams.

A woman in a swimsuit. Perhaps if the dream had used the cover of playboy the sexual connotations would be evident. But since it didn't it could be a metaphor exploring your emotions.
Once again we see something that is not comprehended, understood. That may be important. Spiritual matters, the inner world is full of 'not yet' understood information about oneself and the Higher Self. And you are in your cubicle {4}.

Do you occupy a cubicle in your office?

Summary
Do you see waking life associations that fit with my suggestions, career wise or in a 'supernatural way? If you have an interest in SUPERNATURAL then that influence could cause the dream to use symbols related to those experiences. And if you believe your dreams are career related then I would certainly explore the possibilities. Of course there should be recognizable associations.

Are you exploring 'supernatural' things? The dream could be addressing that aspect also if true. I can't say for certain I see it as a major point of the dream but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.
What do you think? If true,

If not....NEVER MIND

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

hello, gerard...thank you so much for interpreting my dream...you were very helpful and i really appreciate the way you explained every detail of my dream... i actually consult my aunt who is a fortune teller whenever i had a dream before but she stopped...

anyway, truth is, i worked as a literature teacher for four years and then switched to as a call center agent...in my previous work, i was the boss and when i changed job, i am now the one afraid to commit any violations...thus when i had this dream i instantly thought that this dream would be associated with career...if you think you could explore the supernatural side..i love to hear it...i am a pious person but believes in the wonders of magic, reincarnation, numerology and the like...

again, thank you so much for the response...c",)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? follow-up to interpretation

may i just add, with the number 9, i don't know if it's a coincidence but that is my favorite number because that is the number of letters of my real name...

thanks again c",)

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? follow-up to interpretation

Hi Kate

I would like to add my two cents to this dream interpretation if I may. I am picking up aspects on an alternative level to Gerard, looking at the dreams spiritual aspects.

The fact that the dream is taking place on a remote, mystical island (the island representing consciousness) suggests to me it is an area of your thought that you feel very distant from all other areas of your thought. That being it is 'way out there' your far out mystical ideas. This may also mean you feel isolated in this regard from other people, you feel isolated in these supernatural ideas. Does that sit true?

Your primitive mystical side (elders of the African tribe) are telling you to nourish your intactive spiritual harmony (feed the Virgin Mary statue). That the statue is standing on foam, is that like packaging foam or ocean foam? Because ocean foam is a combination of air and water, which could represent emotion and intelligence. Hence my reading is that this spiritual harmony rests on a balance between your emotion and intelligence (how you feel and think about spirituality).

Your harmony needs to be fed with that which brings you inner peace and joy (white strips, the flakey I don't get...) from your unified true self (1 & 0 of ten minutes). You may not be receptive of this unified self until you have done this, but must not be afraid of it (...before 1 in the morning).

The fear you are feeling is stemming from a conflict with this unity that will result in the unity beginning again from the start (12 : 15). The result of this will be that your spirituality will be lost in the unconscious (statue floating on the water / sea creatures killing everyone).

If you do not fear where you are looking (and follow your smarts and emotions, that brings you peace and joy) you will make contact with a 'goddess' from your unconscious (sexy blonde sea-woman) that offers protection and intuition (carrying shell) that will plant herself firmly in your conscious, and bring you limitless peace and joy (immersing herself in white sand).

The second part of the dream I feel is linked to this, expanding on how to go about this. It has to do with learning 'on every level' (students on every floor), but this learning is waiting for something you do not yet understand. You need to undertake cleansing / relieve old used up ideas (going to washroom and peeing). From there you have several 'doors' through which you can go. The lady in the swimsuit entering suggests to me that you need to take 'exercises into your unconscious' but you are not currently able to 'comprehend' what your unconscious is saying.

Does that make any sense?

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

kate,
Thanks for your response. I was able to give a detailed response because I do have a little extra time in my day. This is how I wish to address all posted dreams when I am able to focus all my time on my dreamwork. Although I work only parttime my work is still very demanding and the day I get far away from social requirements and can get closer to fully 'following my bliss' is when I can truly provide deeper insights to dreams for those who are seeking 'inner' advice from the unconscious. It is my SUPERNATURAL interests that are most rewarding at this stage of life and not the world of social requirements.

As for your dream. The associations to career in the dream could very well come with your position as 'boss'. Especially if you are concerned about 'violations' you may commit from overseeing such a fast paced office environment. And the numbers effectively describe 'office hour' associations as well as your, and my, favorite number 9. The psyche is amazing in how it can address so many aspects of the human life, both natural and 'supernatural'.

As for the 'supernatural' aspect, I see that coming through in the dream. In fact I sensed the dream was as much about that aspect of your life than it is about your career. The dream not only mentions the supernatural but has the inclusion of the mysterious Johnny Depp, the virgin mary and the alter, and the African tribe {that may be defining archetypal associations of the psyche which would be by many considered as 'supernatural'}. Along with your admitted interest in such 'supernatural' subjects as magic, reincarnation and numerology, the inclusion of such SUPERNATURAL interests in the dream would only be NATURAL. And again, your e-mail address sort of punctuates a relationship to such interests {kate_in_fairyland}.

About the number 9. Joseph Campbell {my spiritual mentor} in his many years of mythological studies continually came across the number 432 in various categories and forms. Added together the number 432 equal 9 which in Greek mythology is the number for the feminine power or the Goddess. In Jungian psyche, and in archetypal associations, nine would represent the feminine power also and would be superior to the masculine. Your interest in the number 9 may be more than just coincidental. It may be associated with foundations of deeper interests you will explore {beyond your current interests} in later life when career becomes less of the focus and replaced by creative and spiritual aspects {which is what Jung and Campbell tell us is where our focus should be in our later years}. Of course such interests will contrast any pious nature you possess but by merely showing an interest is the psyche's way of demonstrating the power of the natural aspects that we all possess. For someone like myself who was once Christian but has moved beyond the limitations of just one religion {the study of all religions is a fundamental requirement for anyone interested in dreams and the deeper psyche}, giving reverence to other beliefs that proceeded Christianity by a 1000 years is only natural. As would be your interest in so called SUPERNATURAL subjects as magic, reincarnation and numerology. Although I look at these topics with a logical eye I none the less give as much credence to their influence as I do any organized religious dogma promoted by men {the inferior masculine}. The great thing about such interests is they can take your mind off the requirements of society and that is great for relieving stress. And from your indications of career incentives that may be very important in keeping yourself grounded and not letting your career be the only focus in life. At 25 life seems to go on forever but when you reach 50, well that view changes no matter what your belief system. The psychology of the individual is closely related to the natural world and at midlife that world is more in focus and career becomes a thing of the past. I encourage you to explore all possibilities including the so called 'SUPERNATURAL'. It will make you a more spiritual person and could help in those midlife years where reflection and meaning are the focus.

Here are links to pages I created to the numbers 432 and 9.

gerard

hello gerard and rook...

thank you so much for sharing your insights for my dream..i really learned a lot from both of you.. the more i became interested to read more about interpreting dreams and was amazed on how the human mind works...

God bless to both of you and more power!!!c',)

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? not yet

stats from 7-14-10 to the present