Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trying to escape something

I'm 21, with a 2 year old daughter, I've come out of an abusive relationship with my daughters father although he wont let things be resolved after months of us being seperated. He is trying to twist my friends agaisnt me and accuses me of being crazy and dreaming the whole thing up (it seems to be the only excuse he has for what he did to me). I've had a string of pointless flings since then which have left me feeling worthless. However I've recently started seeing someone I've known for a while, it is different, and I'm really hopeful about it.
In relevance to the hair dressing aspect, I was thinking about taking it up (though I have no real interest in it) as it would be something I could do from home - making it easier for me to work as I dont have family or friends nearby who can help with childcare. Also, my ex's sister is a hairdresser, we didnt get on at all, she is a very nasty and spiteful person.
I had this dream just before me and this new man got together, I still find it hard to recall as it's one of the most random dreams I've had in a while.

I was studying to be a hair dresser in a huge beige apartment like building. The overall colour inside was a sky blue, with bright sun like lights. Although I didnt actually do any studying, the dream jumped straight to me being trapped there against my will with another girl (who I don't know at all). We were trying to escape, and for some reason there were a lot of water slides leading to other rooms and levels in the building. We kept sliding down them, each room would be the same, a few slides, a white door leading to a similar room and a set of stairs leading to another white door.

I was sliding down these slides in a blind panic because I knew that people were after us. The girl I was with didn't seem to take it seriously at all. I had no idea where to go and was taking any slide as quickly as possible, constantly feeling a buzz of adrenalin but also that it was enevitable that I was going to get caught and there was no way out.

Suddenly my mood changed and I realised I knew that i could take a certain white door. I went straight through it, into a very normal salon like room with people getting their hair cut. I walked through as quickly as possible trying not to draw attention to myself. Everyone was looking at me with very plain unemotional expressions.

I walked out of the doors and into a sunny bright pebbled courtyard, and felt relieved although i didnt feel I'd escaped yet. The overall temperature was cold even though it looked like summer. My friend had stayed in the salon but I didnt think anything of it.

I walked to meet my 'boyfriend', (who i dont know in real life at all, he was completely random but I remember feeling happy to see him and that I loved him) and I said we had to get away from here. He didnt say anything but turned to walk quickly alongside me.

Suddenly I knew that people were after me, so we started to run. A whole crowd of young trendy-looking yet non-descript women were coming after us, and I knew that they were brainwashed from being kept at that building and there was a higher power in control, i dont know who or what it was. My friend I had been escaping with was one of them, and she was suddenly right next to me, grabbing at my arm and I was screaming at her that she was being controlled but she had that same emotionless expression as the people in the salon and didnt seem to hear me.

I managed to struggle away and we ran through streets, cutting through alleys. The surroundings were getting duller and more run down, and the weather was getting more overcast. I remember feeling that running was completely hopeless, everywhere we went there were these brainwashed people and there was no where for us to hide, but I was not going to give in.

Eventually they managed to surround us, and in the struggle my 'boyfriend' got stabbed and was lying dying on the ground. I remember knowing that there was no need for it to have happened and they did it just to hurt me. I was distraught and screaming and struggling against them but couldn't get to him or get away.

Then the dream just ended and I woke up feeling extremely stressed and upset.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21/Norwich-England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: trying to escape something

Barbara,
I appreciate the information about your present life conditions since at the age of 21 dreams can be much more difficult to interpret. Having an understanding of your life as it is in the present day will help me to determine if your dream is addressing the outer self and waking associations.

The opening of your dream seems to be 'painting' your actual feelings toward the possible study of becoming a hair stylist {this is common in dreams, the opening statement describing the actual emotions of the dreamer as they really are}. The overall color is promising {blue with bright sun like lights} which would reflect how the possibilities of escaping your needs of work and childcare but your 'true feelings about the hair stylist move come through in the dream with the 'abrupt' change to being 'trapped against your will'. But this statement is probably addressing past 'flings' where you were also 'trapped' in meaningless relationships that at the time may have seemed 'promising' but were like your interests in hair styling 'not who you really are'. The following narrative after the opening statement and the next paragraph seem to be addressing both issues which would fit since both are on your mind and are in conflict {dreams are about your emotions first and foremost}.

The other girl in your dream is another part of you {typical dream language}. The different levels are symbolic of the different aspects of your psyche {especially emotionally}. Unconsciously you are processing the experiences in conscious life and your dreams are trying to help you resolve the conflicts in your waking life. This is a primary function of dreams, a therapeutic resource that nature provides help for the psychological mind {much like the immune system for the body}.

The rest of the dream seems to be addressing the inner conflicts of the possible move to becoming a hair stylist. From what I read it is not something you want or desire, so much so it may cause more conflict and problems than it is worth. Dreams don't normally point to a solution of a waking conflict but when emotions are so strong against something then the dream will reflect those strong emotions. Although the possibility of the hair stylist option on the surface seems promising, deep down you have very real concerns about it. Your waking conscious mind may be wanting to find 'a way out' but your unconscious psyche {your true self} see it differently. While consciously you look at the possibilities with emotional overtones, unconscously the dream is purely objective and balances all the possibilities.

As for the past relationships that were meaningless. The desire for companionship is natural but the process of selection is affected by many things, including financial and security needs. In your dream your 'boyfriend is stabbed' and lying on the ground. To me this suggests a need to change your attitudes and perhaps approach to relationships {death in dreams is often symbolic for change, death to one aspect or way of doing things}. Your past relationships had no meaning and unconsciously you feel 'there was no need for it to have happened and they did it just to hurt me'. That may suggest your current 'objective' approach to the relationship with an old friend may be in your best interests and you are moving beyond just the need for companionship {death} and looking for something concrete {ground}. This doesn't mean necessarily this is the right guy but it does suggest you are using better judgement in selecting men who are best for you and your daughter. And perhaps this is the central theme of your dream. Using good judgement in making decisions that will affect your future.

Summary
The dream is focusing on your true emotions. The decision about becoming a hairstylist is not what you really care to do and the time involved {what is it, a 1000+ hours of training to become a licenced hair stylist?} may not be the best choice. Especially since you have no real interest in it. Even if you follow through there is a good possibility you will still 'caught with no way out'. Is that the logical choice you should make? But more important is it the right choice to what will make you feel comfortable with yourself? The decisions you make today will be reflected in your situation in the future. I think the dream is about those decisions and moving beyond the past and making right choices that will affcet your future.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: trying to escape something

Thankyou for your time, that was a very insightful analysis and made perfect sense to me. I didn't think that I thought about the hair dressing option much, but it probably bothers me subconsciously! I also remember being annoyed at my friend that she wasn't taking the situation seriously, which probably doesn't make any difference. Thanks again!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21/Norwich-England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Follow-Up To Interpretation

stats from 7-14-10 to the present