Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dragon Dream...?

I could post quite a few dreams but I guess I will start with this one... or if I should post all of them here, I'm not quite sure. I had this dream a while back(few weeks ago), but still I'm not sure what it means but I feel it's important. It's only the end that I don't understand and ponder over. I will copy and paste what I had typed out the morning I woke up after having the dream. It's... strangely written I guess. I write stories and role play a lot so... anyway, here it is-

I was a black dragon with red eyes. At first I was running then I was fighting. I was spitting flames at armies and tanks. I was in a war. I went into a dark cave to enter battle, I was fast strong and unstoppable. Later someone precious to me was captured. We tried our best to save this person. I was resting because we were winning until they decided it was time to kill their prisoner. I became enraged. I flew strong and proud. The wind running with me. I was free. I saw the cave entrance and rushed forward with confidence. I destroyed millions. Nothing could stop me. I succeeded and saved this person. Afterwards, the war ended and we celebrated. I saved my sister as well and brought her to my dad. He was happy. I felt great pride. I stood with my head high. During the party I walked around and asked people if they wanted to fly. I brought great joy to many by letting them ride upon my back. One lady was really large and was afraid I wouldn’t be able to carry her, but I did. She was so happy. I also released other dragons from sleep. We roamed the land and skies. I was given a set of armor for my victory. I can’t quite remember everything but…yeah. I was dependent and free and I was happy.

Months later I left and I was suddenly human again. I met a very old friend. We hung out and talked about many many things…I was happy, I was in an old sanctuary. But then I had to leave again…I was suddenly a dragon again. I was standing in a field in front of a torn up house(this setting...a torn up house in a field/meadow/plains. I have seen this same setting in multiple dreams...there is something about it...I don't know.). I ran and took off into the skies. I was flying hard toward something… toward an orb… it glowed… I could feel the energy coming off of it, I flew faster and faster and faster- I was breathing hard- muscles aching- I kept going- it hurt- I kept going- I was falling… falling… there it was-just one more stroke… then… it went black and I woke up.

Things you may want/need to know... I love dragons. Obsessed with them(dragons). In multiple dreams I have taken the form of a black dragon. So being a black dragon with red eyes in a dream is... normal?... to me.

(Sorry I use a lot of dots and punctuation.)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: America, 16

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dragon Dream...?

Ash (appropriate name for a dragon-person ),

As far as I can tell this dream revolves heavily around conflict, and I would suggest an unconscious inner conflict.

The Dragon I feel would represent an inner evolution that is occuring within you, especially in relation to the way you see things. A revolution of wisdom.

Given your age, I would guess that this revolves around your transition out from under the protective wing of your parents, a transition from childhood to adulthood that does indeed translate a lot (in my experience) to freedom (from your parents guidance) and independency. "I was [in]dependent and free and I was happy."

The 'millions' being destroyed I would say are old child-associated aspects of yourself that are no longer needed and are (unconsciously) being purged.

I feel that the precious person who was captured is some aspect of your childhood that is precious to you that you do not wish to lose.

That is all I have time for for now, I will have a look at the next part of the dream tomorrow.

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Ashley,
Dreams of a sixteen year old can be difficult to understand especially if that 16 year old has a vivid imagination. Trying to determine what is 'fact' and what is 'fiction' is a huge task. So I am going to ask a couple of questions then await your response before trying to interpret the dream.

Question. What is your family life like? For most Westerners dragons are negative figures when they appear in a dream {in the East they are positive, even spiritual}. But for someone with a vivid imagination and a fascination with dragons that role could be reversed. So knowing the status of your family life would be important.

Specifically about your family life that needs clarification. Are there any conflicts that involve your father? Conflicts that also involve your sister where you feel she needs to be saved? Is your home life 'torn up'?

These images and actions in dreams, along with the dragon, could represent conflicts in the family life of the dreamer. But in a teenager the imagination is still very active and someone who is creative {I look at your interest as a developing creative aspect which is very positive for someone your age} may have dreams focusing on the imaginative mind and not representative of waking conditions. And id as you say you are 'obsessed' with dragons, when did this obsession begin?

Your answers to these questions will help tremendously in understanding your dreams. Plus provide insights to your psyche which may be creative in nature {most teens are 'obsessed' with material things}.

Also, are you engaged in any 'creative' interests, painting, writing, poetry, etc?

I await your response.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I don't see dragons as a negative figure. They are beautiful and powerful creatures, many times misunderstood. I do have very vivid imagination. I do love to draw, read, and write. I also spend about 40% of my time day dreaming.

My family... first of all, I'm the oldest sibling out of four. One little sister and two step-brothers. Parents are divorced, I have a step-mom. Although my parents being divorced doesn't bother at all. I consider my sister and father and mother good friends. I don't value family as much as they do. To me, family is just there. I do feel as if I'm drifting away from my father because I spend most of my time alone in my room. My sister is going through change and I worry about what she might change into.

No... life at home isn't really 'torn-up'. But just a few months ago I got out of depression... if that makes any difference. I did notice that being depressed affected my dreams a lot. So... maybe that bit of information is helpful.

I've been 'obsessed' with dragons ever since I was ten. As for psyche... I'm not sure how to answer that. I think differently than most people my age. Very mature... or so I'm told. While someone may be pondering over a party next Saturday, I'm sitting there pondering the meaning of life.

To Rook: Your interpretation made a lot of sense. Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: America, 16

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Ashley,
Your response displays how a creative mind and an active imagination can influence the dream. Because you do have a great interest in dragons, an admitted fascination, it is only normal that such interests are a part of your dream.

What got you interested in dragons and how old were you? Have you studied Eastern philosophy and religions? In the mythology of various Oriental countries, the dragon is the supreme spiritual power, the most ancient emblem and the most ubiquitous motif in Oriental art. Understanding mythology will provide insights about so many things that you can not discover elsewhere.

Your dragon, and your dreams, are expressions of emotional experiences that have psyche energy {emotional experiences in life that leave an impression on the psyche}. I see { as I did on my first inspection} positive and negative aspects in the dream. Your enthusiasm in your post is is focused on the positive. But there is that negative that you may want to explore further when you get older. it is great to be mature at 16 but wisdom in any stage of life is more beneficial.

The positive aspect of the dream is the display of your creative interests, it helps promote that interest to a higher degree in your conscious life. If you follow up on those creative interests when you get older you most likely will live a more 'meaningful' and harmonious life because you have tapped into the muse. Instead of pondering over what the ego wants, you look inward and discover that thing you love more than anything else. For some it is art, others music or poetry. Mine is dreamwork and Web design.

It is your passion, your bliss.

The depression. What was that about? That is your negative and it will be in your dreams.

"the millions you destroy". That type language is almost always addressing some type of self destruction attitudes. No matter how strong your interests or fascination in the positive, if there are negative conflicts in your life {who doesn't have them?}, they too will be part of your dreams. As is 'suddenly being human again" What could come across as your fascinations are also addressing those negative aspects. You don't want to dismiss the negatives. What isn't reconciled grows until it forces you to reconcile it. That usually occurs at mid-life.
Wisdom and maturity will acknowledge all possibilities. There is a yin and yang in us all. What is true within you is what will be in your dreams.

gerard [[meditate]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present