www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Recurring dream

HI,

I hope that you can please help us.

My girlfriend is having this recurring dream, that involves her and a guy that used to be her close friend. These dreams are usually sexual in their nature. I know she misses him, they've been good friends for a long time. The reason he's not her friend anymore is because of his current girlfriend who is controlling his life and won't let him talk to her. This has been in effect for about 5 months or so, but the dreams have only started about 2 weeks ago, and it happens every night. It really seems to bother her, I can tell it's eating her up on the inside, and she wants them to go away (and so do I). She says she feels bad about having these dreams, and that she should only be having sexual dreams about me.

Is there any sort of symbolism in this? or anything we can do? We both just want these to stop.

Thank you for any help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Recurring dream

Tomjoe

Before this dream is analysed, it is important that the point of contact be with the dreamer themself, and not a third party, there are a lot of minor details that could make a difference. An excellent recent example of this is in the recent post "Not recurring dream, but recurring place." Thus discussions should be with your girlfriend directly.

It is hard to tell whether the dream is symbolic or whether it refers to unconscious desires without a more detailed description of actual dream contents.

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Recurring dream

Tomjoe,
    I second Rook's reply. There is too little dream content to be analyzed and a lot of conjecture. Have her post a complete dream and perhaps we will be able to shed some light on its meaning.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present