Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death-by-fire and strawberries

This dream started up like a game, The Sims to be specific. I wasn't really noticing it, not paying much attention, I suppose. I kind of slid into awareness while playing this game, in where I had control of the characters and the characters were my family. During the game there was a fire. I sent my mom to put it out, and she died in the fire. It didn't really bother me much, a strange kind of detachment, and I decided to get out of the house (somehow it had turned from the game to first person).
I went down the road toward the middle of this village that apparently we were a part of. I went to the center and decided that I was hungry. There was a rather large area that was under a roof, like you see in parks. There were three lines set up, one for hot dogs, one for hamburgers, and one for corn dogs. Since I've had hot dogs and hamburgers a lot recently in waking life, I went to the corn dog line.
There were these older ladies there, like the retired women who volunteer at public events. There was a woman ahead of me in line, and a smaller girl behind me. I got to the table, and I asked for a corn dog. The lady smiled and asked if I wanted it dipped in chocolate. Startled, I said yes. She disappeared for a couple seconds, and came back with one, but before I could take it, there was a disruption in the crowd to the left. I decided to help. There was this young-looking boy all in white with really light blonde hair, and he was terrified. There was a woman standing in front of him shielding him from the crowd (I could see him from the side). They started running, disappeared, and they lost interest. I went back home.
I got into the house and Dad was getting ready for someone, cleaning up and the like. I decided that I didn't want to be caught in the chores, so I went back outside. Just as I was going out the door and down the sidewalk (back toward the village) when the ground kind of opened up, like someone was digging, and the woman in green and the boy in white came out. My dad come over to them and helped them into the house. I knew that the boy was important, friendly, and miserable, so I decided to pick him some strawberries to cheer him up. I turned to the field that ran alongside the sidewalk and the house. There were acres of strawberries. It was all golds, greens, and a little bit of pink (berries) and blue (sky). I started picking them and got quite far along a row. I turned and brought them inside.

Whew! Sorry, these things seem to keep getting longer and more detailed! -_-;

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Death-by-fire and strawberries

Sera,
As I have often stated about the dreams of a teen, they are more often focused on the waking life experiences. Often that is hard to determine in dreams {although dreams will point to associations to those experiences} because the dream is addressing waking experiences only the dreamer can know about. Let's see what there is in your dream.

The first part seems to be dealing with family associations. But most likely the game you are laying {in the dream} is a reverse of 'who is controlling who'. Your mother has control and deep down you wish to change that {she died in the fire}.

The second part may be about choices. Because you are required to live by certain rules the dream desire is to choice something else {corn dog instead of hot dogs and hamburgers}. This is probably '{wish fulfillment', something Freud proposed that are a function of some dreams. And not uncommon for a teenager.

But these are fleeting impulses {again, something not unusual for a teenager}. The psyche seeks balance no matter how old you are. As you age you will understand the purposes in life and being between the old lady and the young girl {balance} will mean more to you. What seems attractive at 15 {corn dog dipped in chocolate} will be less interesting as you grow older.

Running from chores is probably a straightforward remark. The boy may have real life associations {but also addressing parts of your own masculine identity}. Not being able to do what you want {a masculine quality} may explain 'his' inclusion in the dream.

Your strong feminine side comes to the rescue. The last part of the dream is very positive in that it provide relief from the 'agony' you 'think' you are suffering at this stage of life. Although your attention is on the outer self {building ego and personality} there is that awareness of the inner self {I turned and brought them inside] that governs who you really are. This says a lot for your future. You are practical and aware, tools that are important for your future. And something that is important for a 15 year old trying to cope with the world as it unfold. It says a lot {positive} about your personality and psyche.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I can see where you're going with the role reversal. I believe that part of that might also be that lately Mum has been having rather horrible mood swings that are making everybody miserable. Perhaps it was a way of getting rid of her?

I think you're right about the wish fulfillment thing. And, teenager though I am, I understand (I believe) at least a bit of the importance of the old woman and the young girl. I'm between innocence and wisdom. Idealistic and disgusted with the state of humanity which I'm trying to fully grasp (though so far I've found evidence of both hope and doom). It kinda bugs me a bit here and there. =P

The thing that I found so interesting about the boy was that he was kind of (at least appearance-wise) the opposite of me. I'm stockier, dark hair. This kid was almost albino. He doesn't have any real-life associations, really.

I'm glad that the state of my psyche and personality has a bright outlook. ^.^

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sera,
I believe you have 'gotten it'. To understand the 'in between' of the old woman and young girl, the balance that we all seek, in a world between hope and doom. And the boy is opposite who you are. Again a take on balance, incorporating those opposite aspects 'he' possesses to help balance your life.

For someone so young you have a good grasp of life. That speaks well for the balance you seek in your life as you grow older. Introspection at such an early age is a good thing. Go with that and I believe you will be heads above your peers in making the right choices.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present