Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dying deer, driving into water, licking cockroaches, what is going on??!

Hi. This is my first post, thank goodness I found this website because I have been so confused by my dreams recently. I have never had dreams like this before. They make me feel funny when I wake up and during them. Normally, I would have very mundane dreams where I was just doing every day things and able to control them. Recently, I have had a lot of changes in my life and even more to come. I am at a cross roads and I believe that my dreams are indeed trying to tell me something. Or at least I hope so because they are making me feel like a loon when I wake up. I feel that there is so much imagery I cant even begin to imagine what I am trying to tell myself but I would appreciate any help I can get to understand what is going on.
Okay, so onto the dream:

I am driving around with a friend of mine who was very close to me but I have not spoken to in months, I am driving my old car and we are going through streets and we came upon this body of water at the end of the street we are on. Its like a lake that opens to an even bigger body of water, I guess an ocean, and I cant go any further but the person I am with tells me 'no no just drive through it. its fine' so I drive through it and the car stops working and floats and we start to sink and im yelling at the person I am with. We open the doors and swim out back to the concrete. I have my dog, who I own in real life, with me (she often accompanies me in many of my dreams, same with my cat) and I am worried about holding her and her safety, she is very small, as we get out of the water she shrinks and I think she turned into a lizard and then eventually evaporates. I swim back into the water and am able to pull my car out of the water and back onto land. I try to start it and it works but I turn it off. Then I try to leave and start it again but now it keeps stalling and eventually wont work. I keep thinking to myself that I am going to be in so much trouble and that my mother is going to be very upset with me.

Now I am in a green field, there is a hill that slopes down to a small stream and this girl who I went to school with but never was friends with is there. She is pulling paper bags out of the stream and lining them up on the hill. One is ribbiting and I assume there is a frog inside. She takes out all the bags and we sit down on the hill. Two of her friends join us, both of whom I only knew through association and was never actually friends with. They open the first bag and it has cockroaches inside of it and they are holding them and I jump back and am disgusted but they are petting them and cuddling them. They tell me its okay and begin to lick the cockroaches and give them kisses.

Then, I am at a house with a good friend of mine and her boyfriend. It is a party many many many people are there all over. We are going to "prom" after the party and dress up but we dress up in really inappropriate clothes and well we all looked like a bunch of strippers. So we're excited and jumping around, enjoying the party, and we are walking outside to our limo to take us to prom and I run into my mother and my aunt, I dont speak with my aunt in real life, both of them are yelling at everyone at the party saying how disgusting and immoral they are. I am insanely embarrassed and scream at my mother. I then go to follow my friends and can not find them. I walk to my car out on the front lawn which is parked along side of a police car with two female officers inside, they laugh at me. I try to call my friends but no one answers their phones or tells me where they are. Eventually I smell smoke and I look back and the house I was in is now on fire and burning uncontrollably. I panic and run to the police car but again they just laugh at me. I tell them to call for help but they just hand me their walkie talkie thing laughing and telling me if I am such a good cop and know so much why dont I call for help myself. I get angry and run from them over to the house. I call 911 on my cell phone and walk into the house. It is still burning and the fire is spreading to neighboring houses but I am still able to walk around inside and hang out in the house and the party is still going on despite the flames.

Next, I am driving my old car again and in the town where an old boyfriend used to live. I am driving through it and see all of his friends walking by and they see me but I pretend to not see them and just drive by. In my dream I had no intention of seeing my ex boyfriend but some how I ran into him and he is in the car with me. Some how we are at the edge of these woods. We drove up to it and there is a small strip of land then it drops about 20-30 feet and it is all trees and leaves covering the floor. We are the edge looking down and there are deer everywhere. Very stoic and still. They barely move, if at all. I believe they were male deer, I observed them as masculine and some of them had big antlers. Anyway, some how I wind up in a tree directly across from the ledge and I am holding onto the tree as not to fall, also holding onto the tree is one of the deer. He is in front of me and I am grasping it as well to keep me from falling. My ex boyfriend is standing on the ledge talking to me, I dont know what he was saying. I was not scared. I notice that the deer has a cut and I try to manuever myself to see what happened and it turns out that the deers whole throat/neck area on the front had been ripped out and was gone. It was not bleeding. Just gorey and gross. I was not bothered by this in my dream. I begin to slip from the tree. I think that maybe I was attached to the deer somehow. I begin to slip and in order to steady myself I would have to place my hands around the deers neck and I refused to do so since its throat had been ripped out. So we fall. Me and the deer. We land on the floor, which is covered in twigs and leaves. I am on the ground laying on my back and the deer is directly on top of me in the same position, with its back on my stomach facing up. I knew that the deer had broken its hind legs in the fall and knew that it was dying. I am holding the deers front legs up in the air over our heads and know that in order to save the deer from the pain of its injuries I have to break its front legs to kill it. My ex boyfriend climbs down and is now next to me. I tell him he has to break its legs because I just cant do it. He tries but before he attempts to do it he stops and says he just cant and that we should just get out of here. I quickly just push the deer off of my and it lands across from me and I run away.

Thats all that I can remember. So please if anyone can offer some insight as what I should gain from this dream or what I am trying to subconsciously tell myself I would be so grateful. I just dont understand what I am dreaming.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20,ct

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? not yet

Re: dying deer, driving into water, licking cockroaches, what is going on??!

christina,
I will provide a detailed interpretation to your dream later today {I have interpreted most of it except for the last paragraph}. I need to stop and get ready for a short work day and time prevents me from finishing this morning.
A quick observation.

Overall the dream seems to be dealing with the anxieties of the changes you are currently going through. And there seems to be an element of conflict with your mother due to possible hesitation on your part concerning these changes. Is that a true assessment?
There seems to be some real anxieties, and qustions, over the decisions to the changes. The last paragraph may shed light whether these anxieties are a natural response to the changes and nothing more or if there are aspects about the changes that you need to give more thought to. This could be important since it could influence your future. Dreams reflect your core values and although the waking ego may see things one way, your dreams will reflect your true feelings and true assessments, absent the ego bias.
Stay tuned.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, I would say that is an accurate assessment of my current situation. I am somewhat stuck between a rock and a hard place, very unsure of what is to come from all of this. Thanks again Gerard, I look forward to reading your interpretation!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20,ct

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? not yet

christina,
Here is my complete interpretation with the final paragraph being interpreted this morning. That part of the dream may provide insights to those 'intuitive' insights to what you want most and the best route to continue your path.

The reason for your vivid dreams is most likely related to the changes in your life and the cross roads you are currently experiencing. Your normal everyday mundane dreams reflect your normal and seemingly mundane everyday routine. When that routine changes, especially when you are going through changes, your dreams will reflect those changes. Your dreams are about your life, your emotional life in particular. Let's see if there are any extra ordinary events that are reflected in your dreams, those that will mirror your life {conscious and unconscious}.

The opening of the dream may reflect two things. One has to do with the relationship with your old friend, a relationship that has come to an end {at the end of the street we are on}. The second could have to do with the ending of other aspects in your life. The old car reflects the 'old relationships' that have come to an end. This part of the dream sets the stage for the rest of the dream and the emotional energy that you carry in association with these changes.

The body of water that turns from a lake to an ocean probably reflects the 'deeper' anxieties you are experiencing due to the changes you are going through. Such changes often cause fears of 'sinking' because you are leaving something 'concrete', something you are familiar with, and going to something that is less known. A part of that 'concrete' life you are use to includes your dog and any changes you make will involve him. There may be a fear it will do so negatively. The changes will be hard on you and your pets {lizards often symbolize 'being able to adapt easily to changing circumstances'}. That 'mundane' routine you are used to is coming to an end.
The stalling car probably reflects the 'stalling' in your efforts to adjust, perhaps questioning whether you are making the right decision. The part about your mother being upset probably reflects a true waking assessment of how your mother would/is react to your 'stalling'.

As for the relationship with the old friend. How did it come to an end? Does it have any bearing on your life in the present?

The green field may reflect the natural optimism you possess. The girl you never were friends with may reflect qualities she possessed that apply to you that you were not aware of {which could also apply to the old friend in the opening of your dreams}. The paper bags could reflect the plans you have set out for yourself that involve the changes you are making. This part probably involves choices you may not be comfortable with {involving the changes} but something you need to get used to and accept.

Beyond the anxieties that these changes are causing is the excitement that they present {'It is a party'}. But deep down there are still questions whether you will 'fit in' or if it fits you {'inappropriate clothes'}.
There seems to be a conflict with your mother. Are there such conflicts in your waking life?
The burning house {the house is you} goes to the deeper anxieties. Although unconsciously things seem to be 'burning' down around you {a natural response in times of great stress} there is that natural inclination to carry on as if nothing is really changing beyond your emotional life {the stress of change}. It is within you these feelings are taking place and not in the world around you {the burning house is within you}. This probably illustrates the anxieties you feel while everyone else sees it as a natural progression with little emotional value.
But the dream reflects your 'true' feelings, your emotions and how it fits with your waking life {and the changes}.

Driving the old car again may suggest that is not what you truly want to do with your life {}. But past experiences do influence your life and you can not completely ignore that {as they should-its called experience}. The past experience with your ex may have consequences you haven't realize that still have influence over you {does that relationship have anything to do with the close friend in the first part of the dream?}.

The deer in your dream my represent aspects of your psyche that are dealing with this situation. Deer often represent the feminine aspects but in your dream you see them as being masculine , some with big antlers. This may be addressing the conflict of the emotions in making decisions about your future. The masculine aspect usually would be aggressive but these deer are stoic and still, no movement {could this be part of the conflict with your mother-not making those decisions?}. The injured deer is not able to communicate, another metaphor perhaps representing an inability to make certain decisions. Part of your problem may be a fear of leaving a 'concrete' place where you are familiar with what to expect for something that is unknown. The tree would represent that fixed place you have been used to for so long.
The rest of the paragraph with the deer seems to be addressing an inability to move on. You are 'back' where you started from, two steps forward yet two steps back {a take on two good legs and two broken legs}. The choices you need to make may be more 'emotional' than they are sensible. You are still very attached to those familiar places in your life and to move on to new things may be what this dream is addressing.

Is there great hesitation about the changes in your life? I sense this is what the dream is focusing on. Dreams don't often provide clear insights on what to do next. But they will focus on the emotional issues that may be in conflict with the sensible path that is needed. Is that part of your hesitation? What logically would be the best route to proceed? Other than the normal emotional aspects are there any other 'sound' reasons not to use the logical path?
Perhaps your mother is right.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present