Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
athena

August 23 2007. I'm in older room. Sitting at a long table. Two girls I know from high school, very smart. They sit center at table. My wife sits at head of table I at the other end. Enters a young man/boy ,he sits center of table opposit the two smart girls. He said-The spirit of Athena is here! I think , well this guy must be a medium. Upon hereing him my wife sits bolt upright in her chair, like she's having deja vu. She puts her hands by her head like having headache , exploding. She then runs and puts here head in corner. The man then went on stage to play act Athena.Pior to this dream I had no conscious knowledge of Athena.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: athena

Rich,
Since dreams often use universal symbols to address important transitions in life let's see what the myth of Athena is about

Athena

Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill. She was the favorite child of Zeus. She had sprung fully grown out of her father's head. Her mother was Metis, goddess of wisdom and Zeus' first wife. In fear that Metis would bear a son mightier than himself. Zeus swallowed her and she began to make a robe and helmet for her daughter. The hammering of the helmet caused Zeus great pain in the form of headaches and he cried out in agony. Skilled Hephaestus ran to his father and split his skull open and from it emerged Athena, fully grown and wearing her mother's robe and helmet. She is the virgin mother of Erichthnonius.

Athena and her uncle Poseidon were both very fond of a certain city in Greece. Both of them claimed the city and it was decided that the one that could give the finest gift should have it. Leading a procession of citizens, the two gods mounted the Acropolis. Poseidon struck the side of the cliff with his trident and a spring welled up. The people marveled, but the water was as salty as Poseidon's sea and it was not very useful. Athena's gift was an olive tree, which was better because it gave the people food, oil and wood. Athena named her city Athens

The older room fits with the 'older' aspects of the psyche. It probably represents a need or desire to find a balance in some aspect of your life {the smart girls and the boy sit in the middle}. At the head of the table is your wife. At the other end is you.
Does that say something about the relationship with your wife? She has the power of Athena and governs your life? Are you Zeus, fit with 'headaches and agony'?

The older aspects of the psyche may indicate a real need to resolve deep emotional aspects having to do with that relationship. Are there aspects that you have endured and now you are at an end to that endurance? Do you feel you need to be in more control of your life?

The other possibility is your wife represents and aspect of your own feminine self. She would be a metaphor of that control within yourself as described above.
Does any of this fit?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present