Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the girl, the melody, and the night arm

In my dream I was walking into a town as everything looked quite new and sturdy but was silent as there was no one around. I walked and looked around the place but not one person or even an animal was seen nor heard. All of a sudden I heard a melody that brought a calming, soothing, yet creepy feeling around me. I started to follow sound to a park in the center of the town and took me to the fountain where I saw this girl that looked about 12 years old wearing a white dress like the ones that old dolls wore and had jet black long hair. Her head was tilted in a way that only made her show her smile. As I started to walk to her she began whispering something to me that I could barely hear. She reached out for me and as I slightly touched her hand their a blinding flash of light and in a instant the sky became dark as the town fell in to ruin as and the park became a graveyard. I was stepping backwards in shock until a pain went through my left arm. I looked down on it and found it as black as night and the pain was coming from one giant blood red mark as if my arm cracked open. The melody became an more soothing yet demonic as girl re-appeard infront of me but her dress and hair switched colors. She raised her head to wear her reddish brown eyes could be seen and said in a beautiful, gentle, but dark sounding voice "It's almost time. I think your dying to watch". Before I could do anything; every thing started to swirl and then turned black as I woke up.

please tell me what it means

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: the girl, the melody, and the night arm

Leon,
I'll try to give an interpretation to your dream later today. It seems to be a different type dream for a 16 year old.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Leon,
The difficulty with interpreting your dream is your age. Most often dreams of a teenager focus on waking life experiences that define the development of ego and persona. If this dream is 'ordinary' then it must have something to do in your waking life that occurred in the days proceeding the dream. If not then the symbols would be metaphorical of something deeper within your psyche. That would be usual for someone who has had negative experiences in their life that are unresolved.

Instead of trying to 'guess' whether the dream is about waking life experiences of a normal teenager or something deeper let me ask a few questions that may help clarify which is in play.

1} In the dream there is a statement "It's almost time. I think your dying to watch".
Does that have any connections to something in your waking life, something similar to what you may have heard or read?

2} The 12 year old girl. Do you have any relatives, perhaps a sister who is 12?

3} Have you had a normal childhood or are there some negative experiences, traumatic experiences in your life? Do you feel lonely much of the time?

If you would answer these questions it will help determine which direction to look to in understanding your dream. It is often very difficult to 'get into' the mind of a 16 year old. Older folks are less complicated.

gerard

Leon,
One other observation. Your e-mail address includes the word{s} hero-gaunlet. Is that a 'take' on hero gauntlet as in the hero in a story? Such stories may have an influence on your dreams, That is why I asked the question about having read or heard something that may have influenced the dream.

gerard

I never heard or read that phrase before. For the second question no I have no relitives that are 12 years old. My childhood was sorta normal nothing bad or anything traumatizing though I did talk to spirits.
And as for the my email adress I have an old gauntlet in my room and my friend made the email adress because of it though he spelled gauntlet wrong

Also this isn't the first time I had a dream like this but by far this is the creepiest

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Texas

Leon

This is indeed an intriguing dream. I might have a look and see if I can add any insight.

You say that your life up until now has been quite normal and stable, the way I see it that is a perfect description of the town.

Perhaps the town is a representation of your view on life. It is very structured and sturdy but devoid of life.

The melody, and the girl could be representative of an aspect of your emotional side, reinforced by the left arm that is later turned black in the profound event of touching her hand.

By following the melody (or calm soothing creepy feeling) you will come to the centre of your 'self'. Here is the source of this emotion (what this is I can't tell you, except that it is represented by the girl).

To a key point in the dream, when you touch her hand, and the world changes. I don't see it as a mere change, but a complete reversal, the sturdy town is now a ruin, the park (full of life) become a graveyard (full of death), the girl's colours have switched.

What this says to me is not something doomsday-ish, but simply that by getting 'in touch' with this emotion you will gain a flash of insight that will result in a complete reversal of the way that you see the world.

Looking at your age, it is about the time, perhaps towards the end of a transition of seeing the safe perfect world under the wing of our parents, to starting to see the real dangers, and the world around us for what it truly is.

To look at the last couple of issues / symbols. The left arm turning black sounds like you repress your emotional side, or at least you repress the way you act in relation to your emotions? Its not saying you have to go emo, but you should get in touch with your emotions, because inside your emotions is where your passion lies (the red mark like a crack in the arm).

As for the demonic voice "It almost time, I think your dying to watch", I am no help really. That it is a demonic voice, and linked to (in my opinion) the shadow, perhaps you must face this 'emotional demon' soon. Thinking about what is ahead of you, this makes sense to me as you enter the dating world, indeed a very emotional time.

Keep in mind this is all what I have read into the dream, how close I am to the mark is really for you to decide. Have you gained any ideas or leads from this?

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 - Perth, Western Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present