Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
man and 3 daggers

for a while now i have been studying occult religions and rituals from many different sources, and probrably many which you may have never even heard about.
and for the past few days i have had many realistic and living dreams, in which i constantly wake up and fall asleep again, as if i want to wake up but i cant, because something pulls m back to the dream, as if to send me a message through it.

however the one dream that most called my attention was the one i had last night. the dream was long and there is no reason to tell all of it, so ill just tell the important part. im the dream i was given a card/piece of paper (couldnt tell) by a priestish looking african american man. he was wearing a crown as of the likes of the pope (was nothing fancy, but was of the sorts), he had a necklace with a large upside down cross hanging from his neck, and had many talismanic looking items around his wrists and neck. i spoke to him breifly in the dream, and as i was leaving he gave me this paper/card, on one side it was blank, had something scribbled on it, and on the other side there was an image of a man, with 3 daggers pointing at him, like so.
O <--
| <--
^ <--

the daggers pointed at his neck, his waist, and his ankles

also if it is at all important to know, in the room where i spoke to him there were more men there, they didnt speak, but they looked on while i spoke to the priest, and there were many of this sort of pictures hanging on the walls, all around.

if anyone can interpret this dream, please do so for i am curious to know, thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: man and 3 daggers

jonas,
I will address your dream this weekend. I have had a full load and trying to decipher a teenager's dream needs full attention. It may help if you provide the full dream. Parts of a dream often leave out important details.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

well, it has beena while, so i will tell you what i remember of it.

i remember the dream started with me being outside of a club with 4 women. we were crossing the street, coming to the club. we were going inside, they stayed in line, and i left to go to the store next to the club (which was where the previous part happened)
also as i left the bulding with the piece of paper, there was, like a full sized car parked on the sidewalk, only weird thing about it, is that it was a toy car, like a 2 year olds rubber car. it looked like a huge grain of rice, with wheels on it, and a hole as if to sit inside. it was yellow and the wheels where black. for some reason i walked all over this car, before returning to line with the women we never did go inside the club. i remember vaguely that one of the women was my mom and another was my girlfriend, dont remember the other 2

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? follow up

jonas,
A hard dream to put into context, being that you are only 16. It could be addressing spiritual matters but my guess is it is addressing the 'spirit' of who you are more so than the spiritual/religious aspects.

The dream seems to be addressing a desire to be 'part of something'. Because you have been studying different occult religions {most of which I have most likely come across in my many years of study} the scenes of the priest are probably stimulated by that. As for the first part of the post about the daggers, notice how the arrows are pointing to a figure that looks like a person.
O <--
| <--
^ <--
That person would most likley be you.

The first part is about men, and seemingly spirits, which may represent the spiritual aspects {even if they are out of curiousity}. The second part of the dream is about women, and a need to get into the club. The car is you. Perhaps teh image of the car being a 2 year old's may suggest you are too young to fit in with some aspect that you feel important. The daggers may represent 'penetrating' issues that you need to understand.
The piece of paper, one side blank, the other side with the above image, may be saying something about you that you are do aware of {blank side of paper}. The women may represent te feminine aspects. You are in line with that.

Sorting it all out
Perhaps there are doubts being cast upon the patriarchal belief system that you were brought up with {Christianity} and you are questionong that system {you have been studying the occult}. When you look at the soul {according to Jung you will discover it is more feminine than it is masculine. Although occults are as much about masculine they also include the feminine {whereas Western religions reject the feminine entirely}. This could be the primary subject of your dream. Questioning authority and aligning yourself with that true self {which is feminine}.

This is not usual stuff for a 16 year old so my take on your dream may seem a bit unusual. But neither is studying the occult at the age of 16. It may be a good sign if you do not endulge too deeply into occult religions {and become a goth-which could push you into isolation}. It could be a first step in realizing a creative aspect that you are not aware of. That may be what the blank side of the paper is about.

Why have you been studying the occult? Do your friends study it also. is there a desire or thought about joing something of that nature? Your response may shine lite on what the dream is trying to address. Let me know your thoughts.

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

well i read your response, and as i can see by it, you take me for a typical teenager.
i was raised in a christian family, and was christian up till i was 15. and im not talking "go to church on sunday" christian.
it was my life. i fasted EVERY day for 22 hours a day, i read the bible several times a day, and was praying mentally nonstop. whenever i got an opportunity i went to my church to pray for hours, and i have read the entire bible. if you are willing to believe, during this time i have had many supernatural experiences due to my heavy alignment to this. i had many out of body experiences, many experiences of waking up paralyzed and seeing full bodied entitys, who talked to me and touched me, and i heard them and felt them. and people around me in this time period had freak occurences happen to them.
one most notable to me, was one when i was on an airplane, going to brazil.
i was meditating on the bible, and all of a sudden the man sitting on front of me feinted. the man sitting next to me got very irritated, and the woman sitting next to the man in front of me regurgitated on herself. i instantly saw the situation as of supernatural nature. people who saw these things called the plane staff, and they came and helped the woman and the feinted man. i asked for their permission to pray for them, and in a matter of secounds they returned to normal and thanked me. the irritated man who was sitting next to me calmed down imidiately once i started praying for the other 2, who had been taking to the back of the plane.

but thats beside the point, i recited this incident to perhaps show you that i am commited to what i believe in, and have not been researching such matters out of rebelion.

i denied my religion, after extensive research, and long periods of time thinking about the structure of everything in relations to "god", took me to the conclusion that he is not good, he is neutral, for he causes good and evil, and is a hipocrite, because he expects people to do only good. i wont elaborate on this because this is offtopic, and because i no longer even believe in god.

back on topic. i am interested in the occult, because as i have heard from many sources, in some cases, its more then just a group of nutjobs or teenage rebels trying to get attention. i have heard from personal reliable sources that certain sects of beliefs, are very visual, and very intense in nature, which intrigues me, because i am a very skeptical person, and i need proof to believe in something, but once i do, im devoted to it.

also perhaps if it will help at all, on the matter about this being an unusual dream for a 16 year old, i was a child who from a young age was set upon responsibilities. when i was 9 years old i worked with my stepfather to survive. and have had many emotional problem throughout my life (parental rejection, especially from my biological father, when i was 5 years old).
i have gone trough many hardships, however i dont take them for being bad, for they shaped who i am.

i hope this helps you, feel free to ask for anything else u need to know, or are just curious to know :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? follow up

jonas,
Thanks for the detailed info about your spiritual life. I must say you are not the typical teenager. At least in the ways of your spiritual life. as for your actual early childhood, those problems are typical. And need resolution.

I see aspects of your religious life that resemble that of shamans, spiritual healers {some call them witch doctors}, who undergo extensive isolation and discover inner powers. And in that isolation they discover the 'true' god, not of man but of nature. As the Gnostics taught, the kingdom of God is within you.

You seem to have arrived to the same place as that of a shaman. Obediently submitting the 'word of man' that when thoroughly examined in the isolation of the inner self you discover what was told to be outside you is actually already within you. It is natural to reject the old ways when you discover other truths, truths that have more meaning than the old time religion you once trusted. This is a true 'self discovery' and it is within you that discovery is possible. And its natural, a part of nature that holds a spiritual content which is not of man but of nature.

Your study of occult religions isn't surprising. In the study of Jungian psyche there is that requirement to study all religions and gather from each the meaning of truths. After much time you discover it is the inner self where the real truth lives. Jesus and the Buddha are examples of what a good spiritual life should be. But it is within the self psychology of the individual that determines whether truth is discovered. The spiritual path is a psychological journey. And as in dreams and myth {all religions are myths} you should not take religious doctrines literally but metaphorically. Jesus death on the cross. What value does that have in your personal life if taken literally? Metaphorically it is you that must undergo a death and resurrection, a death to the ego controlled self and a resurrection to a spiritual Self. It is purely psychological and not a literal physical act.

But you are learning this by exploring other truths, even the occult. I suggest you read about all religions, especially Native American spirituality and Buddhism {Buddhism is a psychology and not a religion}. And also Gnosticism, the heretical christian sects of the 1st and 2nd centuries. Within Gnosticism is the true Jesus.

As for your early childhood. A rough life so early almost always leads to a tougher life as an adult. I can attest to that personally. My route out of that bondage, as well as the old time religious bondage {I was once a christian-Church of Christ/Southern Baptist} was Jung's Individuation Process, the self examination of my own psychological mind. You may {or may not} be too young to understand the whole process but it could be something later on that will provide insights to the inner self. The other possible way to overcoming the negative aspects of early childhood{other than doing nothing, which most people do} is to seek professional counseling. That is if your childhood was so bad it left deep scares and has unconscious control over your waking life {which is usually does}. Even tough you may feel you have already overcome the bad childhood there is a great likelihood it will revisit you someone later in life.

Take some time to read the pages I have created at Myths-Dreams-Symbols. There is much spiritual nourishment within these pages. Although Carl Jung was a scientist first, he never dismissed the metaphysical properties of the psyche. One aspect of the psyche that he discovered within his patients was the spiritual. Often the discovery of this most divine 'inner' place brought about a discovery of a creative self. We all possess such an aspect, or live for a cause who are willing to sacrifice all we possess. My creative self can be found within the pages of Myths-Dreams-Symbols, and in my spiritual Self is in my attempt to help others understand their dreams. By understanding dreams a person begins to better understand himself.

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present