Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dead woman...

I haven't remembered many of my dreams lately, and I didn't exactly remember much of this one, but one part I remember clearly.... and it really scared/creeped me out, so I was hoping that even with the small amount of other details of the dream that it might mean something.

Anywhos, in the dream, I was with my brothers and somehow I could tell that they were talking about something not exactly good(like thievery or something of the like) anyways, we were walking through a parking lot that was several stories high, there were very few cars in the parking lot and it was dark. Next thing I remember, we're on a different level of the parking lot and we're being held captive by some people whose appearance I don't remember. In front of me, very close to the edge of the parking lot(where you could jump from the building) is a dead woman hanging from the ceiling, but not as if she was hanged, there is a very large hook attached to the rope and the hook is shoved right through her throat, as well as several more metal stakes. Her face is very torn, it is impossible to see if it's anyone I know, and she seems to be still alive, struggling to stay alive while blood spurts from the wounds in her neck.

...yeah, I got really scared after having this dream.... o_o

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dead woman...

Sergeyevna,
Your dream may have to do with the ability to express yourself as clearly as you wish you could. My guess is you are not one who conforms to the usual appearances of an ordinary teenager but someone who wishes to express them-self in a deeper manner, on a higher level. This doesn't easily fit in with the norms of the world around you and you are often left 'hanging' as how to express yourself. There are few people who can truly understand where you are coming from. You want to be truly alive but others seek only artificial satisfactions whereas you seek something more meaningful in life. That may be the dead part you see in the dream, not being able to find or communicate that true self.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

That seems rather correct, I do find it difficult to express myself to anyone, whether my best friends or just some people I'm talking to.

Probably the one I'm most worried about is my mother, though...she's a very devout christian, and everything I do, whether it's playing video games, the types of books I read, or the friends I have, to her, it's all of the devil. And for the past few years, I've developed my own opinions and I have declared myself an atheist, but I can't tell her because she'll probably hate me for it, or disown me or something.... religion is really huge for her.

It does make sense, though, the meaning, thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sergeyevna,
As a recovering Church of Christ/Southern Baptist living in the south {albeit it the more progressive city of Nashville}, and in center of the bible belt, I can empathize with your situation. My mother is a bible christian {and a true heroine for her sacrifices} for many years questioned my disbelief in the christian faith. But within time she has realized I practice what I preach, and it is what I do in life that matters and not what my belief or faith is. You don't have to be religious to be spiritual. I consider most religions as a lesser path to true spirituality.

I tend to identify with Native Americans spirituality and its co-existence with nature. Buddhism is a great philosophy because of its psychology and disciplines. And Gnosticism {the heretic christian sect of the 1st and 2Nd centuries AD} helps me better understand the real Jesus, who in fact was more about the inner search, similar to what the Buddha experienced. A synthosize of many thoughts, but with logic and natural law being the primary guide to understanding. I am not an atheist but I am a secularlist. Secular law must always prevail or we revert back to the Dark Ages where religion {Western} murdered millions in the name of God.

all religions are myths
but not all myths {the individual life} are religious

Nature religions are misunderstood. Wicca is a great nature religion. It is soooo misunderstood. And it threatens patriarchy and the 'church' is so afraid of the feminine. Nature religions identify with that superior feminine aspect. Western religions are of the superior masculine, patriarchy, a separation of man from nature, nature from from God, man has power over nature.
Don't fool with Mother Nature.... man can't win

It is a fact, my abilities to understand dreams is due to my developed 'feminine aspects' that let me see beyond the surface to better understand the dream message. It was how Jung worked with dreams {Jung having a great mind, and I being no better than avreage}, the intuitive Self recognizing those inherent universal aspects, shared symbols and metaphors found both in dreams and mythology {including fareytales}. There is a direct relationship between myth and dreams.

....... and from whence Myths-Dreams-Symbols was borne

I encourage you to stand up for your beliefs, and at such an early age. If you are indeed an atheist and base it on principles that fit with who you are, believe in it. Jungian psyche is focused on those inner influences and what fits your individual persona and total psyche. Spend some time reading about Jungian psychology {Myths-Dreams-Symbols has plenty of pages, videos and links} and learning some of those truths in life that you will not most likely ever come across if not for your desire to expand your senses and naturally grown as a person.

Consider this. To be able to experience the psychology of the 'religious experience', at an such early age, you will be able to use it as a resource later in life. It will be an advantage, if you sort out your spiritual self early, and become your true self, have principles and live by them, as you feel from your soul. You will be better able psychologically to live a more balanced and harmonoues life.

To discover that true spiritual identity, or an atheist identity that shares the NATURAL human values, there is a lot less possibility of unfounded guilt in your later years. Midlife is all about emotions.

Discovering god within yourself isn't a religious thing, it is a spiritual and psychological event.
.....jungian psyche

Hopefully one day you will be able to discuss your bliefs with your mother. But there is a good chance you won't. Prepare yourself for that fact and move on if possible {life experiences may prevent it-reality trumpts emotions}. Your dreams can help in self discovery and your personal growth. Be who you are and you will be most satisfied than someone who hides behind a mask.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present