Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Really unusual dream

Okay, so this is my first time on this forum, and I have been having a really bizarre dream (or dreams, it's hard to tell) for two nights now, including this one (it's 4 am here).

Here it goes:
I seem to find myself looking through the eyes of someone, possibly myself, and things are almost gray, but there might be the odd weak colour in there. Anyhow, in tonight's dream, I, or whoever I was, found out that my parents were doing coke* and I flipped out. I waited until they were gone, from the house or reality or wherever it is I was, and then I ate** a fairly large amount of it. Everything went to hell from here, my vision turned went into a fish-eye lens and was throbbing, like the whole world was pulsing, and then I fell, face first into the floor. I lay there, my vision had gone grainy, like an old movie, and I stared at the carpet and the air vent in the floor***. What happened next is unexplainable as far as I'm concerned, as it was a weird dream mixed with an intense drug trip, and so nothing really worked in any order. But I think there was an ambulance, or a hospital, but there was definitely darkness, and everything blacked out with some other voices, but mainly just my own thoughts****, and I think to myself "I hope they don't find out" Then I think up some excuses for the doctor to tell them, so that they won't know I'm here because of the coke. And then I woke up, not in a cold sweat, or in a fear, but I almost threw up and still might. The whole visual style was kinda a mix between "Candy", "Crank", and "Sin City" if that helps. None of which I have watched recently.

*I've tried pot once, and I think this might have something to do with it as it happened only a week or so ago (For the first and last time).
**The cocaine was in the form of chewing gum for some reason, but it looked more like sticky tac. But it dissolved quickly, like some sort of disgusting candy.
***The carpet and the air vent look identical to what's actually in my house. But it didn't feel like my house in a weird way. It looked similar, but none of the interior structure was the same. Oh, and I'm also the same age as I am in real life.
****Kinda like the end of "In Bruges" if that helps.

Anyways, sorry for the lengthy story, I just want to know what to think of this dream, or what it means. It doesn't seem to have any meanings that are terribly common. It doesn't even really fit into a dream category, as it didn't feel like a nightmare at all, and I don't know what else it could be. Just want to know if I should look into this further, or if it's just some kind of delirium.

Thanks for reading whoever you are :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Really unusual dream

eric,
My question would have been, "have you done drugs recently, prior to the dream". Of course you answered that question in your added info {I appreciate such information that may relate to a dream}. Most likely the dream is addressing the affects and experiences of doing drugs. The good thing is you realize the negatives of drugs.

Do either of your parents have prescription drugs {it dissolved quickly}? There may be element of their experiences with legal drugs you find a bit hypocrisy.

Overall the dream seems to be addressing the guilt over using pot. Dreams have a way of dramatizing fears and this one seems to fit that mold. It may be you are a bit different from many of your casual friends {Spin City} who may trivialize drugs. Dreams reflect the true self and if there are experiences in life that do not fit with that self then your dreams will address that, with the intent to inform you of what is out of balance.
Such is the way of dreams.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present