Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Many extra rooms

I have this dream theme often. Most times it is my house. It has been a neighbor's and last night it was my parent's. The gist of the dream is that I discover that there are many more rooms to the house than I had realized. They are filled with beautiful furniture and are comforting, almost familiar. I turn a corner and I discover a new area of the house. I always get the sense of excitement and awe, and I think I had no idea this was here or sometimes it feels as if I had forgotten. This dream is always very positive and the feeling does linger with me. My interprtation so far is that I am aware that there are many deeper riches, endless stores behind what we see, but in waking hours I forget and don't see the blessings. Thoughts?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 VA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Many extra rooms

Vivian,
Your interpretation is on the right track. My sense is the dream is addressing the fact there is more to your person that you, or perhaps others, may realize. The new area of the house {the house is you} probably represents some particular aspect about yourself or your life that is not fully realized. Since all the dreams are positive then that aspect about you would also be positive.

It may be you believe you possess positive qualities that others do not recognize. Do you ever have those feelings when around others, neighbors, your parents?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Many extra rooms

Gerard,
Thank you for your reply. I am aware that what other's perceive is usually a quick idea of who you are, we all try to peg each other to make our world's seem more ordily. None of us fits the simple illusion. It feels stiffling to be trapped in an idea of what others might reduce me to. I am in the suburbs...and the bible belt, where a lot of people are trying to pretend they're "good" which get's us all in a lot of trouble. But I am guilty of understimating and judging, just like the next person. What I crave is the ability to be authentic and for the other's around me to feel safe enough to do the same.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 VA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Follow up to Interpretation

stats from 7-14-10 to the present