Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream about beutiful dog headed man

hi....i'm in a room. it's sort of dim but it's an okay place...then out of the corner of my{left}eye i see something. it's a figure of a man. he's behind a large wall of glass{windows}it's even darker in there and at first i'm REALLY frightened..frozen if you will with fear. but as i look the fear dissapates because his face is very interesting...not just interesting but sooo beutiful. he's kicked back all relaxed like on some pillows..he's strong and lean with an intricatly designed dog's head and dark clothes....i get closer to the glass and peer in at him. His face is lovely shades of brown{earthy} he's looking at me and i say to him..."you are soo beutiful!" somehow this is where it gets fuzy. then he's in the room with me and there's other people there...i don't think i know them. a woman introduces us "this is incubus" she says and he's turned into a man.....i can't remember all that was said except he asked me if i'd like to come with him and after a moment of thinking i decide it's beter NOT to go with him. we talk a little more. he's not frightening or anything...just dark with dark hair and i knew where we would be going was someplace important that i might not wanna go! basically i tell him another time...maybee. i wake up with me saying no to going and the word incubus stuck in my head....even though i know he WAS Anibus in my waking time{now}.....then i came to the computer.
not sure i undrestand this dream.....i did have a woman friend die this last week...
any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. the fact that he asked me to come with him...sorta freaks me out....even though logically i know it's not literally an invitation to death. and what of the incubus introduction?
please help and thanx.
D.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41yrs colorado usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dream about beutiful dog headed man

GOSH...please excuse all the spelling errors...I was still asleep!
Please Help w/the dream.
Thanx

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41yrs colorado usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dream about beutiful dog headed man

donna,
Your dream includes mythological symbols that are associated with seduction, sex and guilt. The incubus is a figure found in many mythological themes beginning with the early Mesopotamia/Sumerian tradition {ca. 2400 bce}. Here is some info on the mythological aspects:

An incubus (plural incubi) is a demon in male form supposed to lie upon sleepers, especially women, in order to have sexual intercourse with them, according to a number of mythological and legendary traditions. Its female counterpart is the succubus. An incubus may pursue sexual relations with a woman in order to father a child, as in the legend of Merlin, and some sources indicate that it may be identified by its unnaturally cold penis. Religious tradition holds that repeated intercourse with an incubus or succubus may result in the deterioration of health, or even death.

The word is derived from the Latin preposition in, which in this case means on top of, and cubo, which is Latin for "I lie". The word incubo translates into "I lie on top".

A number of rational explanations have been offered for the origin of the incubus legends. They involve the medieval preoccupation with sin, especially sexual sins of women. Victims may have been experiencing waking dreams or sleep paralysis. Also, nocturnal arousal, orgasm or nocturnal emission could be explained by the idea of creatures causing an otherwise guilt-producing and self-conscious behavior.

Since there is the inclusion of these mythological themes I would first look to your waking life and determine what aspects are associated with seduction, sex and guilt. The guilt would probably be a central theme to consider {since in the dream you 'did not' go with the incubus.

If there are not waking experiences then there may be unconscious associations with the masculine aspects of your psyche. In particular there may be associations with the temptation of "I lie on top". That would suggest experiences, desires, or a need to use such masculine tendencies in some aspect of your life. And because you did not go with the incubus it may suggest these masculine aspects have not been followed through on.

As for the Anubis figure. You state in your post "even though i know he WAS Anibus {Anubis} in my waking time{now}". What does that mean? The Anubis in mythology is the god associated with mummification. Was this a waking thought or did it come from the dream?
One final question. Are you familiar with mythological themes in your waking life? Usually when such mythological figures appear in dreams they come with important information about the self. But if you have recently read or studied these mythological characters they may merely be used in your dreams because of those waking experiences.

Let me know your response to my observations. Perhaps that will clarify which direction to look in determining what the dream is attempting to address about your emotional life.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present