Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
doll resurrection

A child in a snowy landscape finds a book. Written somewhere on the book is this: "Instructions for bringing a doll to life. It's a resurrection story." Doll lies in a box like a coffin. If child follows the written instructions she can bring the doll to life and make a companion for herself. The blurb on the back of the book says "It's an award-winning story of resurrection." This dream had a numinous quality that stayed with me. I continued to work with the dream. Two months after the dream, while bicycling, I found an abandoned doll leaning against a pole. She seemed to be looking right at me with her one good eye. The other eye was missing. I brought the doll home with me. In photographs the doll's missing eye seems to glow with an inner light.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: doll resurrection

Harriet,
From my experience, after we reach mid-life such language as described in your dream is most always focused on our own inner life. In that context the doll would represent some aspect of your life and the resurrection would be your own. The dream is presenting 'instructions' and that could very suggest you are at a point in time where you are ready to receive important information that will lead to a new resurrection of some aspect in your life. The language used is 'award winning' and although the book would be about you it may also be directed at some waking aspect also. Could that have something to do with the book you are trying to get published?

There are two aspects to the dream that strike me as possible clues. The term numinous {supernatural} quality may suggest intuitively you perceive something in your waking life. It could have to do with your book, the seemingly fruitless effort thus far getting your book published is about to undergo a resurrection of its own. Perhaps thoughts of abandon your efforts are a part of the dream message. The inner light could be the your own strong desire not to surrender to rejection.

The second is the synchronistic event of finding the doll. Chance occurrences often bring about revelations in life. If you are not familiar with Jung's take on synchronicity you may want to read my page on the subject....Synchronicity.

Another possibility that you may consider is the dream language about a child is often addressing the dreamer's childhood. If this is true with your dream there may be something from your childhood that needs resurrection, perhaps an unresolved experience. This would not be instead of the above possibility but would be what Jung stated as the function of dreams addressing more than one aspect of the dreamer's life. But this could be secondary at best since we do know of your attempts of getting your book published. Something to consider.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for your suggestions about the doll dream. They make sense to me. The book in the dream was a picture book, the kind of book I used to write but no longer write. That may be relevant, but I don't know. The instructions for bringing the doll to life were contained in this picture book.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Harriet,
Could it be the books that you used to write where an expression from your unconscious? Bringing the doll to life may represent bringing the 'inner' doll within you to life. Does that fit?

And how long has it been since you wrote such books? You may be at a stage in life where those past memories/experiences are being revisited because there are still unresolved questions.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present