Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cant run or fight

Hello,
Since my boyfriend was a kid he has had these terrible nightmares. Now he doesn't remember any of his dreams except for one, his recurring nightmare. In this deam he can't run from someone and he can't hit someone in a fight. He wakes up before he has ever been able to run or hit. Just wondering what this means? I'm a grad student in psychology so I have my own theories but just wanted to see what other explanations there may be. Thanks!

oh and he also sleep walks almost everynight...can you tell me something about that??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, iowa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: cant run or fight

ashley,
Being a grad student in psyche you probably know dreams are unconscious depictions of emotional experiences. Running away is a common dream motif and usually represents waking life experiences of normal stresses that the dreamer can not get away from. Not being able to hit back may suggest the person is powerless or feels powerless to fight back. This would be the possibilities of the normal person.

But your boyfriend's dreams began when he was a boy. This may suggest what ever he is trying to run away from is from some traumatic experience that was strong enough to remain within his unconscious mind. It may not be on the scale, or it may be, of an abusive experience but would have been an experience that left a deep impression. If indeed it were an experience involving abuse then it may have an effect on his personality and unconsciously have some control over his actions. This is a norm, the unconscious affects of traumatic experiences during childhood.

To help determine what he was running from then, as a boy, and is still trying to reconcile this experience, a function of dreams, you will need to look back at that specific period of time before the dreams began and determine what was happening in his life. The dreams will continue until this emotional event is acknowledged and reconciled.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present