Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bestial man

Hi Gerard,

I had this dream a while ago, but the images and words keep coming back to me. I know it's best to work on fresh dreams, but this one is a part of a series dealing with my relationship with a man I've posted about before. I feel like I'm missing some important element to the dream. Maybe you can help.

T and I were in my house sitting on my bed talking. He told me that he had just had sex with my dog in the bathroom. (In waking life it was my family dog until my husband and I split - he kept the dog). He told me that she was a very nice dog and they'd had a really nice connection.

In the dream I was horrified and was just about to tell him that I was glad he'd told me so that I could finally be done with him and move on. He then told me though, that it helped him get over some sort of hurdle in his developing relationships with other people and that he thought he was ready to become closer to me. I reconsidered my position and decided to give him another chance.

Upon waking, I thought "Lynn, what the hell are you thinking!? This man just had sex with your dog! How could you even think about giving him another chance?"

This the same singing eel man. This dream I think, addresses some serious trust issues.

Thanks,
Lynn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 - rural WA state

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yup

Re: Bestial man

Lynn,
This dream seems to be important for you and I want to give my best in helping to understand what it may be trying to convey. My excuse is I've had the flu and I am not completely over it, although I do feel much improved. Let me look at the dream later today or in the morning {Saturday}. That will also give me a chance to evaluate your other posted dreams about this man in your life, and that may help with this dream.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Lynn,
The dog belongs to your ex and as such would represent him {your ex is the dog}. The sex part isn't just about sex but an integration of emotions you share about both men {ex and T}. That may reflect doubts in your current relationship that you experienced with your ex. The symbols shouldn't be taken as literal, except maybe for the statement "He then told me though, that it helped him get over some sort of hurdle in his developing relationships with other people and that he thought he was ready to become closer to me. I reconsidered my position and decided to give him another chance". That could be reflecting actual waking experiences. But the jest of the dream seems to be doubts associated with the relationship with T. And that is where the real sex would fit in.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

Thanks. Huh, I'll have to give this some thought. Do you s'pose it's T that's gotten over a hurdle or do you think it's me? One of the things I tend to do when I have a crush on someone is to idealize him - choosing the parts I want to focus on and not seeing the whole person. I wonder if It had been long enough that T and I had been seeing each other that I was beginning to do that - see the whole flawed man; the flaws (that are of course only human) I had relegated to my ex.

By beginning to see T for the whole person he is I was both horrified (damn, I thought I'd found the perfect man) and willing to accept him, to move to a deeper more complex relationship.

It makes a world of sense and relieves me of some fear of a darker meaning.

I hope you're back to health.

Thanks so much.
Lynn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 - rural WA state

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yup

stats from 7-14-10 to the present