Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
" Well, you've destroyed th world. Good job"

This is partially related to my other post, but the main point.. I have no idea.

I'm sorry, but it was very,very long dream, This is actually a short version.

I was with 'the dream people' and we noticed that the world was slowly dying, but not all at once.

The plants started to go first, then some of the smaller/simpler animals, the sea stopped moving and the oceanic animls were dying, then humans started getting sick.

In our quest to find the reason, we found a small statue. It was an hour glass, very intricate with many smaller hour glasses surrounding it, all had different levels of sand in them.

All these smaller hourglasses were labeled with plants. animals ect.
The largest hourglass was, obviously, the world itself.

I restarted them all, but it did nothing. Through some writting in the nacient ruins, we found that it was only a replica of a much, much larger hourglass. We found a map to the real one. It was, of coarse, emmense. We hadn't noticed it before becuase it was just too large to see.

After an epic journey we found the base of it and started climbing ( miles, and miles..and miles.) we were attacked by some strange bird monsters.

We fought them off, but in the meantime a flower (uh huh, that one) fell out of my hair. I nearly fell trying to grab it.

A friend told me " If you want to go back, we udnerstand"

I decided to go on. ( which was somehow very reckless)

We got to the top ( it was miles around, like a tiny city) but there was nothing more than an ancient podium with runes and sigils surrounding it, at the control panel was a woman who wore very old robes. We couldn't see her face at all. ( basically, this hourglass was 'god' and she oversaw it)

Seeing us she became furious. She picked up an hour glass for each person and caused them run nearly dry.

There we were, on the ground, dying. Afetr a few minutes, I stood up with a smirk.

"Just kidding. I'm actually fine."

She demanded to know why I was 'immune' saying.
"There is one truth to this world...no human can avoid it..how are you still standing"

I smirked even wider. " Yea, well I refuse your idea of 'truth' and replace it with my own!"

She seemed amused by this "..and tah tis..?"

" that I'll die when I'm damned sick of living, and not a moment sooner!"

I took out the smaller replica of my own hourglass and held it above my head.

She gasped " You..you..can't!!"

My friends all yelled too " Your insane! Don't you know what will happen?"

" Yea, we'll all fall to our death..if we aren't crushed by falling rubble first."

( they were actually implying that I would destroy the entire world, but I didn't care)

I threw my own hourglass into the main replica, shattering them both. The ground started to shake and everything went white.

Next thing I knew, we were standing on a beach of pure white sand, and that is ALL there was for miles upon miles.
It was snowing heavily,( and it was the prettiest scene I have ever witnessed) but for some reason there was none falling on us.

My friends all jumped to their feet, compleltey recovered.

" Well, you've destroyed th world. Good job"

I told them, in a much more serious tone. " No, I saved it. In time, everything will grow back"

One of them yelled at me " Saved it?! Nothing can survive in this fozen wasteland. NOTHING"

I told them that yes, it could and that I would go out and find proof.

Once I had already wandered out they yelled " You idiot! You'll freeze."

I turned around and was covered in sratches.

" Nah, I'll be fine. See? It's not snow, it's glass." It wasn't snow, it was falling glass shards from the broken hourglass.

I walked out a few miles and found what I was looking for.
Buried in sand and glass was a perfect, white flower. It had somehow been compeltley unharmed by the falling glass.

I picked it up and took it back with me. I returned, with it in my hands, my clothes were shredded and I, covered in bloody scratches.

I just smiled, sincerley this time, and opened my hand to show the flower, which despite being in my bloody hands, was clean.

" I told you something would survive"

Okay, I get the flower. It is obvious..but I destroyed the world. I swear I am NOT evil. I LIKE the world.

Why would I destroy it?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: " Well, you've destroyed th world. Good job"

Kaze,
Sorry for taking so long to getting to your dream.
It is a long dream and since it is incomplete it may lack full clarity.
If you will look at the dream people and the world they are in {dream world} as being aspects of your own psyche I believe much of the dream will be self evident. If you will do that, take the symbols as aspects of your psyche, use the dream dictionary if necessary, and interpret them as waking life conditions and provide your thoughts perhaps we will be able to determine what parts of your life are in conflict.
What are you trying to survive from? What part of your world is be/needs destroying?
Those seem to be primary themes within your dream.
gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

That's quite okay.

I can't post very often at all. I don't have internet at home anymore.

The question you asked actually answered everything ( mostly)

"what part of your world needs to be destroyed' I've been really frustrated with..everything lately.

It angers me because it's always, ALWAYS outside influences, things I have no control over.

So I always say " if it were all on me, with no interferences, I would do just fine..and my friends. Of coarse I want them with me."

At the end of that dream, that is really all there was.

However, I love flowers and water, even ancient architecture.
Miles and miles of pure white sand is pretty, but in MY world there would be more.

Could that really be all there was to that dream though? It was soo long and..involved.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Kaze,
Dreams are reflections or our lives. The past and the present. Your dream probably is addressing those issues of interference by others and uses your interest in ancient architecture as a way to help describe those issues. But the symbols probably are addressing deeper issues also, with an attempt to point to earlier life experiences {ancient architecture} that helped form who you are today. All symbols have meaning within a dream and although there may be waking recognition of their meaning there is most always other applications in which they are trying to address inner issues.

Look at the world in the dream opening as your world {the dream is about you and your life}. The adjectives would be describing you, your world, in some aspect.

The simpler aspects of your life could be the major issue that is in conflict. That could fit with the simple relationships that get in the way {if it were all on me, with no interferences, I would do just fine}.

An hourglass is about time. "All these smaller hourglasses were labeled with plants. animals etc". The plants and animals may be the natural development in your life, the individual aspects that make up the whole {The largest hourglass was, obviously, the world itself}. The much larger hourglass suggests to me the primitive principles of the psyche, those inherent aspects of your human nature that make up who you are as an individual. That leads to life experiences that help form your ego and personality, and which influence your outlook at the world around you, and within you. In other words, those early life experiences along with the inherent traits carried over from past generations make up who you are, how you act and react, and how you view the world. The underpinnings to why you feel other people always 'get in your way' is not just something that happened, there is reason to why it is that way.

The dialog in the dream is between you and your inner self. this frozen wasteland" is a description of some aspect of your life if not your life in general. And there are probably times you feel there is "Nothing" will save it.
But there is that positive aspect of the inclination to survive, and the general description of your personality {positive in the wake of negative people and experiences around you}.

"Buried in sand and glass was a perfect, white flower".
This is the inner self, your strong and beautiful self which survives despite the 'scratches and wounds' of the outer world. I see this as something that may involve deeper aspects, usually associated with the spiritual and/or creative aspects. Some aspect of yourself is stronger than all the other aspects and is the glue that keeps your world together. Beyond the spiritual/creative aspects {which is more prevalent in an older person's dreams} there seems to be something in your life, either an external thing or person, or an internal quality such as creative aspects, that help you survive those 'interferences' from other people.

So yes, the dream is probably addressing those simple issues of bothersome other people. But as usual, and as Jung spoke of as a standard way of the dream, the dream is addressing deeper issues that involve personality and behavior.
A flower grows because it has proper nutrition and a 'ground' in which to grow. The flower within you also will grow if there is proper nutrition and a ground from which there is a stable environment. That begins early in life and influences the individual later in life. This seems to be part of the dream message also.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi kaze

Broadly speaking end of the world dreams are indicative of deep fears rising to the surface, threatening to overwhelm and/or kill off the personality self or what is often called the persona. This persona is not actually who you really are, it is just an idea of yourself, and as you have seen letting it go will not harm you. It is also sometimes referred to as "the false self", which gives you an indication of why it won't cause harm to let it go.

The central theme in your dream seems to be one of time and I get the impression that your dream is imparting to you this message of how your persona or ego self is bound and governed by the 'concept' of time. Within Classical Newtonian physics space and time are understood to be absolute. However at the turn of the twentieth century Einstein found flaws in this 'reasoning' and put forth his theory of relativity. According to relativity space is not three dimensional and time is not a separate entity. Both are intimately connected and form a four dimensional continuum called 'space - time', What Einstein also discovered is that space time is actually curved, and that curvature is caused by the gravitational field of massive bodies.

To illustrate the significance of this Fritjof Capra writes in his book the 'Tao of Physics' "where ever a massive object exists for example a planet or a star, the space around it will be curved and the degree of this curvature depends on the mass of the object, and as space can never be separated from time, time then will also be affected"

The mechanistic world view of classical newtonian physics was based on the notion of solid bodies moving in empty space and in the realm of our daily experience this is what we believe to be true. Both concepts, that of empty space and that of solid materials are deeply ingrained in our habits of thought and our 'reasoning'. However these constructs that we have developed are just that and make up the 'false idea' of what we understand time to be that which is of a linear and sequential flow. When we become aware of the constructs of time that are so deeply engrained we are able to transcend them ie we are no longer bound by time. Frustrations within the personality often arise due to a false belief of the limitations one feels confined to live by. These limitation exist at the level of the persona or ego self and are just that internalised limitations.

At the level of ones true Self 'the white flower' time does not exist it is 'shattered' at this level one lives within the eternal harmony and beauty of that which is the true self we live beyond our space/time definitions and three dimensional constructs of the mind, it is at this level we relinquish all our frustrations understanding the true measure of things. We break the mechanistic churning of our minds and dwell in the peace and love of all that is. We topple the illusions of our physical existence and the frustratiuons we encounter within our physical existence.

Your dream seems to point at all these notions and too what answers you are looking for what are your truths and not those that have been handed down to you through the collective stream of humanity.

I hope this helps some Good Luck
Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 UK

I shouldn't have waited so long, but it couldn't be helped, no internet. There is a lot to respond to.

As far as a 'reason' for feeling why people get in my way, I don't understand. How could it be anything but past occurances? What other reason are you suggesting ( if any at all)

My life as a bleack, frozen wasteland, sounds so very negative but your right it does feel discouragingly..static.

That's always been the question. That myself, and people who know me are stumped on; just what it is that have worth' fighting for"

I was on the phone with my grandmother. She said "Well you must have SOMETHING or you would have given up now"
The same night I dreamt that I was half-dead all I could see was my bloody arm holding a broken sword and the bloodstained ground. There was a burning city behind me.
I couldn't see ther face but I heard a face asking " Why are you still standing? You've lost everything. There is nothing for you to fight for."
I told him " Maybe, but you'll never see me fall becuase wounded pride is the most painful all"

It was uncanny, and pride is a big part of it, but not eveyrthing. There's soemthing else. But it's more of a..feeling..I cna't describ it at all.

I don't mean to sound so horribly negative but I can't exactly say I've been 'nurtured' at all. So how that flower is alive and well I don't know, then that just goes back to the same question I guess.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Seattle

Re: " Well, you've destroyed the world. Good job"

Marce

Thanks, that was very insightful. Unfortunatly, I myself am no Einstien and a lot of it was difficult to grasp, but I think I get the gist.

That all makes perfect sense. The flower, being my true self and unneffected by time and the world around it, and the shattered hourglass.

The general idea, the defiance of time and space itself makes a lot of sense too. Definace of the 'truth' that I've been told is probabaly one of the strongest parts of my personality.

People alwys say 'that's just the way it is'.
It makes me furious and only encourages me to find another way no matter how reckless or 'unorthadox'(the destruction of the world in my dream?)
In the end it seems to have no other perpose than
" I told you so"
Why something so petty is so very important to me, I don't know, and it probably is not healthy.

So your interrpretation seems incredibly accurate, but, I already know of these things about my self.

Aren't dreams supposed to teach you something new?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Seattle

stats from 7-14-10 to the present