Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hidden rooms

Hi, it's been a while since I posted now. It's been kind of hard to keep track on my dreams after I started school. I also have a three year old who wakes me up very early, so it's all about never getting enough sleep. I dream, but if I don't write them down when I wake up, they are lost. often I wake up in the middle of the night remembering a dream, but all I can think of is getting some more sleep before I have to ge up. It also seems that me not writing the dreams down, takes away my ability to remember them clearly.. it's all quite irritating, cause I feel like i'm missing out on some important messages.. But the need to sleep is just so owerwhelming. Hope i get more energy soon.

I'll post what I remember from last nights dream, not much, but I hope by showing the dream my attention, the dreams will know i'm still interested so to speak..

I'm in a large building, possibly a school building, it's out on the countryside somewhere, fields and sunshine outside. It's a wooden building with old furniture. I'm in one of the rooms, alone, and I have my lap top wih me. It's very, very big, and i put it down on a desk. I walk around through the rooms nearby, just looking around. It's very quiet. No people around.

next I'm on a moving train, on the left side there are green steep hills and on the right there are fields. Inside the train, on each door on the sides of the train, there are attached metal bars with some sort of hook on, they are about 10 inches long and they can be removed from the door. They are some sort of keys, and they can be used to open small secret rooms. I have one in my hand, it's not the first time i've got one, it feels like it's some kind of game, picking up a key, finding a room, opening it and going back to pick another key. I also know that there are more people playing this game, and that the keys are beeing replaced mysteriously right after you pick one. So there are never any keys missing.

Next, I'm outside, standing on the railway tracks, and I bend down to open a room with my key. I use the hook to lift up a small pice of ground, and beneath it is the hidden room, about the size of a shoe box. It is filled with green plants, the colour is very intense and the plants look so fresh and i reach in and touch them, they are moist and soft.

I know there was more to this dream, but i guess i'll have to earn my way back to remembering more..

Hpoe you can help me get started again.

:) Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Hidden rooms

Inanna,
Is it just coincidence or is there something we have going on that provides me with prior knowledge letting me know you are about to post a dream at the Dream Forum? I was watching a program on television {exactly which program I can't remember but it was a favorite American program} and the main female character said something to the effect, "what's up with this Pippi Longstocking?". I was surprised that anyone in the US was so aware of your favorite story since it isn't a staple American tale. If you recall the last two or three times you posted a dream I had inclinations of it prior to your posting. What's up with this?

As for your problem with remembering your dreams. For most people, including myself, a dream with disappear within a few minutes after waking if you do not immediately write it down or try to focus on the dream. Most dreams are pretty much benign in their importance {other than they revisit emotional concerns that you have already realized} and lack emotional energy to be remembered. Big dreams, important dreams, often, but not always, tend to linger and the memory of them remain beyond the normal time span of ordinary dreams {which deal with day to day routine concerns}. And with your responsibilities and desire to get more sleep {adequate sleep is very important} it is less likely you will remember ordinary dreams.

As for your dream room. Hidden rooms are almost always addressing hidden aspects of the dreamer, perhaps repressed aspects due to the emotional toll they would place on you consciously, or the traumatic experience you do not wish to remember. The school building would naturally fit with your waking life experiences {you are starting school}. Symbolically it could represent learning something about yourself. Being a big building it could represent something 'big' or important to your life {and perhaps why you remembered this particular dream}. This is always a positive thing, learning about yourself.

The wooden building with old furniture may be addressing emotionless conditions due to past experiences. The one room would represent one particular aspect in your life. The lap top {computer} may signify a communication tool {specifically a tool used in posting your dreams- a tool for communicating}.

The train is you 'moving down the tracks of life'. There are locked doors that can be removed with proper 'emotional tools'. The keys are to open up those many doors within. But there are so many aspects in your life that need attention {this could represent the many responsibilities in your waking life, as a well as the many aspects of your past}. Trying to address the one hidden room may be hard to do with so many responsibilities. But that room is always there and the unconscious keys are never missing.

Discovering what that hidden thing is and resolving it would produce the 'green plants', your personal growth. If it is about the past it may not be so hidden anymore since you have begun the process of self discovery. It may be a combination from your past and your current responsibilities. The hidden room may be about how to put thee past experiences in its proper place and how to maintain your current responsibilities so you can continue your 'tracks' to personal growth.

My sense is it may be about both. The hidden room may be an ability to cope with the past and the present. Unless there is something from your past that was so emotionally traumatic and remains unresolved, I would look to the present state of responsibilities, and the past exepreineces, and how to handle both. That would be the secret.

What are your thoughts to my suggestions. Could it be the emotional issues from the past and the demanding responsibilities of school and family are over burdening you and you need to find a way to govern it all? Or is there still some remaining emotional aspects from your past that are still unresolved? The hidden room is that thing that has yet to be uncovered in your life.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you Gerard,
the fact that you got the prior "message" to my post is not really surprising to me. I have experienced such things myself many times, and when they happen I feel like I'm on the right track. It is not very often it happens the other way around and that someone else can confirm it though. I guess I send out some pretty strong signals, it's good to hear that they are picked up. I view it as a reassurance and a confirmation that i can trust your advice. I'm in a process where I feel very much on my own, feeling that I can't trust in anyone but myself, because the way I experience life is so totally different..
The fact that it was Pippi who dilivered the message, is even more comforting as she represents the qualities I'm striving for. So she's still with me :)
And of course it makes me feel special an "chosen" which is something I rely on when things are hard. " I have to go through all this for the greater good" I guess that's a need that comes from my childhood too, the unfullfilled need to be seen. But I hope it can funcion as a drive to development and not just as a fantasy nurturing my ego.

Back to the dream. I have felt a bit over burdened lately, and sometimes the pressure to deal with the everyday life and at the same time think about the future and make some very important decicions have taken all my energy. I struggle to find out what and who I can trust, and what will be the right choices for the future. it's not easy for me to trust myself either, because I have a history of mistaken other peoples will for my own.

Maybe the hidden rooms are my own wishes, my own treasures which I need to find. I know that I have some uresolved issues from the past involving this. The situation in my life is pretty stable at the time, but I have this insecurity,I know how things can change, and I know how things can seem a certain way and really be something else. All this is my concern alone, because the people around me tend to live in acceptance of the things that are visible. I'm maybe too sceptical of nature, but I've experienced how easy we humans can fool ourselves. I also often see (or think I see) peoples true motivation behind their behaviour, even when they are unaware of them. And it's not all good..

Sometimes I get frustrated feeling like it is a curse. and I then doubt if I can ever trust in anyone. So Pippi is a comforting figure. She is also alone, but she trusts entirly in herself and her own stregth and that's exactly where I want to be.

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Inanna,
"I also often see (or think I see) peoples true motivation behind their behaviour, even when they are unaware of them".
Could it be your intuitive senses are so developed you are able to sense these motivations? I am a firm believer in the intuitive abilities of the human psyche, a natural aspect that when developed provides insights beyond the normal range of interactions with other people. I use this intuitive aspect in interpreting dreams but that is just one aspect for its utilization. Having had many years of practical and physical interaction with people of all persuasions I know first hand that when I went with my instincts instead of an emotional approach it ALWAYS turns out to be the correct decision. I was a health codes inspector with the county health {Nashville, Tn} department for 12 years and during those years of gaining people experience I began to notice an ability to ' see beyond' what the ego person was wishing to present and realize their deeper intentions, betrayed by their smallest reactions of body, speech, mannerisms, and the natural psychic energy patterns that are given off by all humans. Many people are able to use this intuitive sense and many are unaware of it. It has definitely been a positive in my life using it in all phases when gauging people and circumstances. It does sound as if you have those same abilities. And even though you will very often come across such demeaning personalities I consider it a very positive aspect to possess, especially when you use it in positive ways and are able to realize when it is best used.

Back to your dream. I did sense a combination of past and current stresses in this dream. Having discussed previously your childhood experiences I was consciously aware of that when looking into this dream. I believe you are making great strides in dealing with those issues and have a positive attitude in doing so {instead of being brought down by them}. The personal info you provided at the beginning of your posts seemed to fit with the dream conflicts also. The context of the symbols in the dialog given seemed to be addressing the whole of your life and not a focus on just one aspect. It is at the same time reflecting the stresses in your everyday waking life and those past issues that you have struggled with for some many years {with great success}.

The hidden rooms could very well be your own wishes, you own treasure, as well as those 'unresolved' issues. The dream is addressing one room in the beginning and that room you also have a lap top. But it is a large building, and of course that building would be you. One aspect, one part of that big building. And that proceeds your exploring all the other rooms. You are examining more than just one issue in the dream.

As for trusting nature. I believe in nature as the guide to understanding ourselves. I am a Darwinist, believing in evolution because it best explains how and why we are as we are and where we fit in in the scheme of things. Compared to religious philosophies that can not be proven and are always seeking to control rather than explain natural selection just has more credibility than any religion {especially Western religions that are so patriarchal and biased against the collective feminine}. That is best evidenced here in America by the past 8 disastrous years under George W. Bush and the evangelical conservative religious types. I had rather rely on the old proverbs that play true all the time, such as
what goes around come around. And it doesn't escape me that most likely our next president will be a black man, sereptiously representing our own collective unconscious using its intuitive senses to recognize what is best for America and the world.

What do you think about the intuitive?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present