Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strange department store and birthday

I don't remember much about the dream, only this part.

I was with three of my friends (the closest ones to me), all girls, two of which twins.

It was the twins' birthday, and we had gone out to celebrate. We were in a strange kind of department store. We had just walked up some steps (fairly wide, pale, almost white), and we about to sit down (though there was no hurry) and order some food, I knew I was going to have something with ho sin sauce and savoury pancakes - you'd sit and a waiter would come. I imagined in the dream, waiters coming, in red waistcoats, black ties and white shirts.

The table was long (very long, it could seat about 12-20)but not very wide (only enough for one person to sit). There were no walls in the room, only the sense of it being a room, it was like I could see the things around me, but when they got somewhat farther away, they'd fade into colour - pinks and reds and brownish blacks, only a vague sense of the colours being horizontal when they were wall instead of floor. I didn't have a sense of anyone close by other than my friends, but there was a sense of there being a room with the waiters and cooks in, though it was not formed, just another part of the unclear colour.

All around the room were large stands with colourful toys (multi coloured, though I remeber quite alot of reds and yellows) covering them (like in the disney shop, there're so many you can only see the toys). I don't remember seeing the toys in detail, just being faintley surprised that there were toys in the area we would eat.

My friends and I were talking about how it was the twin's birthday, and I realised I'd forgotten to get them a birthday present. I pretended I'd left mine at home, trying not acting worried and doing pretty well. They didn't seem to be bothered with this, faintly excited instead. I then realised that when we went back to my house, there wouldn't be any presents to give to them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Strange department store and birthday

Now that I think about it, where the colours were most blended they were strangley similar to the colour of ho sin sauce...

How peculiar...

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Ivy,
Here is a breakdown of what I see in the dream. Your age causes me to pause in giving a direct interpretation since a 16 old psyche is so outwardly focused and often points to personal aspects only the dreamer can discern. Look at what i came up with and see if it fits somewhere in your life.

looking for something and having some idea of what it is

there is an ambitious desire but little room to maneuver

creative aspects that sometimes seem distant but never disappear

a period of waiting and preparing

you may be afraid you do not have the skills or ability to succeed in this endeavor

The jest of what I presented seems to be pointing to the future with a desire to accomplish something that could be very beneficial.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for the reply

I think you've got it right.

I've been thinking about what to do after college alot recently, what univeristy and career path and so on. As you do at 16.

The little room to manouvre part is accurate too.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present