Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
star in left eye

I dreamed that I was leaving my current home to drive somewhere in the night. As I began to drive out of my neighborhood, I had flashes of a star in my left eye and could see nothing out of my right eye. I was worried that I would get hit by another car since I could not see where I was going. I pulled into a nearby convenience store on the left and called my husband who came and brought me back home, except it looked more like a hotel than my home. My mother(who is still living) and my father (who died in 2002) were there but seemed unfazed by my being unable to see. I then woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 and North Carolina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: star in left eye

helen,
I sense the dream is addressing changes having to with age and life. At 60 you are moving from that mid-life stage to those twilight years. Here are some possibilities that include those age changes and other possibilities.

You are moving out of that place you know, away from those things you are familiar with. You are looking for higher aspirations but can not see them in the life you are living. You can not see where you are going in your current situation. You are having to give into what is more convenient rather that place you wish for in life. It probably is related to that transitional phase in life you are going through, from mid-life to the the wisdom years.

Have such emotions recently been part of your thoughts?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I do think that perhaps I am trying to find my way as I move into this next period of my life----more instinctually than ever before I think both in my career, my personal relationships and my choices. Relying on my knowledge of how to drive though having no vision in the dream may also be symbolic of my learning and trusting on a different level than usual. My parents being in the dream are probably symbolic of my realizing they have not ever been reliable guides for me in many ways.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Chapel Hill, N.C.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? only to post this one dream

helen,
Jung said one thing that verifies if an interpretation has merit is whether it fits the waking emotional life. Your response does provide a good explanation that fits the possibilities I outlined.
There seems to be in the dream a combination of addressing personal growth issues and actual waking relationships {parents}, which would of course influence personal growth.

Are you involved in a conscious spiritual search? Or a creative mode. There are two unusual symbols in the dream, the left eye and the right eye. Rest of the dream is very straight forward. The 'higher aspirations', is that an increasing influence in your life?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present