Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old house

A girl friend called me and told me that she had a dream about me. She did not tell me the entire dream, but she told me that she came to see me and when she came in the house, I was laying down as I normally do, but the house that I was in was very old. She said that she does not know what it is about me. She started asking me if I was stessed out and other questions trying to find out if I was happy. I told her that I was fine. Can you help me please? I looked at the other interpretations on old houses in dreams, but it all seem to be pointing to her, but if it is, how do I fit into this equation if the dream is pretaining to her life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 & Nassau, The Bahamas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Old house

Daria,
When you dream, the dream will be about you. When I dream the dream is about me. If I see a friend in the dream then that signifies the dream is either addressing some aspect about my relationship with the friend or the friend represents some aspect of my own personality {the friend is a part of me}. Usually it would be the later unless there is a very close relationship.

So, your girlfriend's dream is actually about her and you are secondary. How you fit in the dream must be determined from the dream symbols. Dreams speak in symbols and metaphor. We have to decipher the dream symbols to understand what they actually represent and the dream message. To understand how dreams function, using the psychology of dreams, I suggest you read my Page A Simple Guide to Dreams.

What could the message of her dream be? My sense is that aspects that you possess, traits, habits, etc. are at the center of why you are in the dream. You {in her dream} are laying down, as usual. If you look at how that phrase applies to you, something that you may be 'laying down' on, then you may recognize something about it that fits in your life.
It is a old house she enters. Old often represents the past. The stress and happiness probably applies to your girlfriend in some aspect of her life. She may be looking at her life in the past and see comparable experiences that fit with her life in the present {dreams are about the dreamer's life at the time of the dream}. Is your girlfriend experiencing a lot of stress in her life at the moment? Is there something she knows/thinks she could/should do that may help in alleviating the stress {laying down and not doing more?}. With so little to deal with from the dream there are many possible scenarios.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present