Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
keep falling.

i have this dream sometimes just randomly, and i'm falling down a hole, face down, that just doesn't seem to end. Then, when its just about to end i start kicking my feet to stop myself, and i wake up. i don't know what it means. help?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 & NH.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no.

Re: keep falling.

DreamBig,
Such a short dream is very difficult to give a definite interpretation. Here are some possibilities. You may want to look up the symbols in the dream dictionaries and see what may fit with your life.

Falling often symbolizes losing control or not being in control. Falling into a hole may suggest you are getting deeper into something you can not control. Falling face first may say something about your ego {face often symbolizes the ego self} or persona. Do you have negative impressions of yourself?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

i just recently got diagnosed with depression, i'm guessing thats the something i can't control. i don't know if have a negative impression of myself, maybe.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female.

DreamBig,
The depression would be that 'loss of control', an unconscious loss of positive thinking. The hole would be the unconscious, your psychology.

Has it been determined what is the source{s} of your depression? Are they prescribing medications? That most likely will help but uncovering the sources of your depression will work better in the long term. Of course at 16 that may not be at the top of your list of tings to do.

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

i don't know the source really, but i'm in therapy. And as for medication, no i'm not on any.

DreamBig,
It is good to know you are in therapy. And without medications. Have you discussed your dreams with your therapist? Not all have a working knowledge of dreams but if your therapist does or is familiar with Jungian psychology, you are in good hands. If he/she is not learned in Jungian psyche you are always welcome to post your dreams here at the forum. Discussing with your therapist what we discover from your dreams may help in your recovery.

gerard

no we haven't.

DreamBig,
You may want to guide him/her to my website so they can discover the psychology of Carl Jung. Most therapists know Jung and more psychologists are beginning to use his approach to the psyche and letting Freud be a secondary source.
Note: Jung was a student and protege of Freud's. They parted ways some years later.

Here {Freud and Jung and Their Secret Affairs} is the history of that parting

The relationship between Jung and Freud experienced a crisis when they were both traveling to North America from Europe to receive their honorary awards. During their journey at sea they decided to share their dreams and analyze them. Jung shared his dreams and associations and Freud analyzed them but when Jung asked Freud to share his dreams and his associations Freud got nervous. Freud felt Jung was getting too personal and disrespectful by questioning his authority. Jung believed Freud was nervous because his dreams were related to his secret affair and his unresolved triangular relationship with his wife and sister-in-law. Since Freud did not know that his sister-in-law had shared her feelings with Jung, he was in the dark. Jung also did not know what Sabrina had shared with Freud in her letters. That awkward situation created an emotional gulf between Freud and Jung, a gulf that kept on increasing with time. Finally they parted their ways and Jung resigned from the psychoanalytic institute. When Jung parted he had to face isolation from many friends and colleagues. He was so troubled that he was afraid he might experience a psychosis, a nervous breakdown. The relationship that started with twelve-hour dialogue in 1907 ended in 1913 when they were both present in the same room in a conference but had nothing to say to each other. Their silence spoke volumes.

Freud had an atheistic philosophy while Jung believed in a spiritual philosophy {not religious}, found within the psyche.
Most people know Jung from his personality typing {introvert, extravert, sensing, feeling, intuitive, thinking personality types}.
Take the Personality test

Jung has given us the formula needed to interpret dreams. Dreams provide a direct contact with the unconscious. Instead of hours of therapy where the analyst tries to figure what is going on in the unconscious {and conscious} mind, Jung has shown us how dreams perform that very task. Dreams has its own language and speaks in symbols and metaphors. Anyone with a keen intuitive mind and a true and in-depth understanding of Jungian psyche can interpret dreams.

Although your analyst may not have any experience with dreams, you can learn on your own some the basics. Jungian psyche is quite' deep' but my page A Simple Guide to Dreams is easy to understand. Read it. You will be a leg up on your analyst.

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present