Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A date

So, I had a dream that, while it was happening made me feel really happy, but when I woke up, I ended up feeling crappy all day when there wasn't anything significant that would have done so otherwise... I still can't say it was the dream, but it might have been.

Anyways, the dream started off in a performings arts hall similar to this(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellie_Caulkins_Opera_House) operahouse(to which I went to see Madama Butterfly exactly one week ago) except in my dream it was darker, and rather than being dressed in just a plain skirt and blouse as I was in reality, I was wearing a rather extravagant slate blue dress. I randomly walked into a darkened room when looking for something during the entracte and ran into my ex-boyfriend there(whom I dated over a year ago and haven't talked to for over four months now).

Either I don't remember being asked out, or my mind just skipped over it, but we end up going out on a date.

So on this date, we start off outside at night,he's wearing a practically blindingly yellow jacket(very unusual of him since he's more prone to wearing darker colors) trying to get movie tickets from a scalper(don't know why we'd have to do that, movie tickets are not expensive, but whatever, may be important), but anyways, he pulls out his wallet and instead of any money, or anything of any real importance, he has nerdy games in a suddenly huge wallet, so unable to pay for movie tickets, we go to a mall, and what I swear was the inside of a Macy's store there seemed to be something of a buffet, so the two of us go around(me hanging from his arm) grabbing random food and eating. The thing I remember specifically from this part is that I picked up a charred looking pastry of some sort and took a bite, and then fed a bite to him. After that, all I remember is walking into a toy store, then my alarm went off and I woke up... o-o

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A date

Sergeyevna,
Being in a performing arts hall usually suggests a connection {hall} to something creative about yourself. In your case I believe it is more about positive aspects needed in your waking life that creates an atmosphere where 'dating' fits in. You are in that stage of life where dating and acceptance by your peers is most important. What you are wearing, which is opposite of what you would usually wear, may suggest you are trying to be something you are not. Perhaps the same applies to guys you date. Wearing something other than they usually would is your way of wishing they were different from the way they act in real life. Perhaps he/they need to lighten up on their actions toward you.

Because of these impressions above you may be acting out of script, not being yourself so to impress. It could be the clothes you wear, thinking expensive clothes make you look better on the outside while inside you are something different.

On the other side guys you meet may be too 'nerdy' and not serious {this is how guys are}. You and the guys you meet/know may both be not acting yourselves. And perhaps some guys are toying with you in a immature way that makes you feel bad and sets off alarms about dating.

All in all I believe the dream is addressing those 'dating issues' you are having to confront. It is hard to get into a 17 year old mind. So many aspects of the personal life that are hard to understand just from a simple dream.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I do think that in some instances, I am trying to be what I'm not, though not within my relationships with guys, though me being this way could be affecting that, I suppose. From your explanation it could be describing my ex-boyfriend in that I would want him to change, but it could also be describing my friends(since I'm having some issues, not over the top issues, just minor things, that are getting to me lately, that I'd like to have change)

And again, the wearing of different clothes to impress could be either symbolic of my ex-boyfriend or of my friends right now, my ex-boyfriend because a part of me still wants to be with him and would probably change to do so, but my friends because sometimes I feel that who I am is not good enough for them because I listen to the criticism of other people and I think lots of times how the people they criticize are actually a lot like I would be were I not friends with them.

The nerdy and serious part, also may be relevant to both, my ex-boyfriend was more of the nerdy and not serious type, but I never really had a problem with that(unless I was never able to consciously acknowledge that I actually did) and I feel like he was immaturely toying with me when last I spoke with him, which was what made me decide to stop talking to him, and has put me off dating for some time, but I also feel again it may be my friends because although they are serious about some things in life, they don't seem to be very serious about my importance in their life, also seemingly toying with my friendship with them sometimes, taking advantage of me in some discreet manner, which makes me feel like I can trust no one but myself sometimes with my secrets and problems.

I think this dream could be about my dating issues or my recent issues with my friends(which I began having when I briefly told my friends of the way my ex-boyfriend treated me this summer)

Also, I'm sorry for blabbing on and on, I just need some place to vent, since in the course of the last two days, three people who said they would listen to my ramblings about my issues kind of just ignored my needs...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sergeyevna,
Vent all you want. 'Letting it out' is important, holding it in only makes it worse. Hopefully you will find a friend who will listen. If not you are always welcome to speak your mind here at the forum.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present