Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friends With New Cars

So last night I dreamed that I was in the school parking lot with two of my friends. One of these friends has recently abandoned me...because he found out I liked him. It's a shallow reason to ignore me, but I'm getting through it. Anyway, we were all in the parking lot when he pulled up in a brand new, very shiny, very beautiful green Ford Mustang. I was so pissed off. I went off on a rant:
"My parents promised me two things! One, they wouldn't buy me a crappy car! Look at it! Two, they said I would NEVER have to get a job while in high school. Now they're asking me to get a job!"

My friend explains that his mom came up to him and begged him, "Please! Whatever car you want! Whatever color! I will get it for you!" I found it petty and was pissed off again.

Later on, I found myself standing in a hall hugging him tightly.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Friends With New Cars

Aaron,
Your dream is most likely addressing two aspects in your life. One is the actual waking experiences and the other is how you feel about yourself.

The new Mustang may be that person you wish you were in your friends life. That way perhaps he would accept you. And/or how you wish you were something more interesting to others in general.

"My parents promised me two things! One, they wouldn't buy me a crappy car! Look at it! Two, they said I would NEVER have to get a job while in high school. Now they're asking me to get a job!"

Is that part of the dream and if so is a true statement in your waking life? If so then it would be addressing those emotions about your parents going back on their word.

If not then the crappy car would be how you feel about yourself due to not being accepted by your friend. But more important is how you feel about yourself in general. You probably feel some of your friends are acting petty because they are more interested in material things that they are in being good friends. You need a bridge to help you feel better about yourself, a need to hug yourself.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I think you're spot on. That car is everything I wanted to be for him. Something new, cool and awesome. I think I failed in the end.

I did try, though. In the process, I spent a lot of money on him! That's a total downer...

But life moves on, right? Bigger, better and new things come along and I can't wait to find them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 TN

Aaron,
Very good insights and reasoning. When interpreting a dream the best I can do is propose possibilities that might fit with the dreamer's actual waking life. It is left to the dreamer to put it all together. It seems you have done just that.

Now we need to figure out how to resolve those negative aspects with your dad. The problem may be less with you and more with his own shortcomings. On a personal note, I had problems trying to restore a relationship with my dad. I spent many years doing that until I finally realized he wasn't interested. His own demons were controlling him. I finally gave up and moved on and have no regrets in doing so. I have lived the past 20+ years with that {he died last year}. I do realize many of my psyche problems as a young adult were from the non-relationship with him when I was a child. If that relationship had been better my life would have been totally different.

But that doesn't mean you should give up just yet. Give it time and if there is no possible resolution then move on and live your life. Don't dwell on his inability to be a father but try to understand those influences imprinted on your psyche from childhood because he was not the father he should have been. Don't let those influences cause you to be less than you should be.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present