Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cut my brother's right arm

hi, i've been so perplexed with this dream that i decided to look for some guidance as to what it is.

my dream started with a scene where my brother is in some kind of a rage and with a knife i struck his right hand a few times and severed it.

the next scene i am flying on top of a railroad just a few feet above with no visible objects in between me and the tracks then i saw my brother trying to climb up on top of a train. i saw him having difficulty he no longer have his right arm.

i regretted cutting of his hand i then started to cry, it was a very emotionally intense crying it's like a burning sensation in my chest.

i don't know if it has significance but the scene where i cut my brother's right arm happened in our previous house where we lived in a poor condition.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 / Philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: cut my brother's right arm

thedreamer,
Since your brother is so prevalent in the dream we may should look at your relationship with him. If no that the other possibility is that he, your brother, may symbolize characteristics that you need to acknowledge within yourself. And because the dream includes scenes from your past home you may want to look back that period of time to see what may be there that would fit with the rest of the dream.
And it may include elements of both possibilities which is usual for most dreams.

What is the relationship with your bother? Have you 'severed' the relationship with him? There may be no apparent or visible reasons at the present for that severance {perhaps that is why the past home is included. Could the reason for the 'poor' relationship begun then?}. There may be an inability {severed right arm} to reconcile the relationship because one or the other can't climb above emotions to reconcile. There is now a need to release these emotions.

If there is not a problem with the relationship with your brother then he would represent some 'related' aspect of yourself. If so it may have to do with the 'poor' conditions you grew up in {assuming the house in the dream is the house you grew up in}. If that is the case the dream may be addressing an inability to reconcile emotional trauma from that period of life. Experiences in early life often leave impressions that linger into adulthood. You may have difficulty raising yourself above those conditions because part of those needed assets to succeed have been severed due to your past. Perhaps you now expect too much from life and can not achieve those expectations.

One other possibility. It may be there was an particular experience from the past that involved your brother that has yet to be reconciled. Go back to that period of time and see what might be there.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present